Sickest 40 seconds in Pearl Jam history

he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
edited April 2010 in The Porch
http://splicd.com/30BlueyXoyg/300/340

absolutely insane. I watch this all the time... it makes me want to destroy things.
Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    yes it is.

and i've never heard of this site. pretty cool. i always share this song with people like "the end is the best"
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I love the look Stone gives Mike from across the stage as Mike is jamming out.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    That is AWESOME!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • ajmarkoajmarko Posts: 5
    Awesome!!!
  • The second half of Yellow Ledbetter is sick from that same show. It's on youtube. McCready gets the place going absolutely berzerk.
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Never seen that before, thanks; super cool.

Best 2:57!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I watch the whole video of that NAIS all the time.

I love when Mike leaves the stacks and Stone looks over non-chalantly like "ok then..."
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I don't know how anything associated with that boring song can be considered the best anything of their career.
    I don't know how anything associated with that boring song can be considered the best anything of their career.
    wrong
    jones wrote:
    wrong

I'm a huge fan of when people give 1 word answers to something like they are 100% without a doubt right.

I find the song to be slow and boring and a huge momentum killer at a show. Far from their best. But if it's your favorite song in their catalog, more power to you. Enjoy.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SO SO TRUE!!!! Glad someone knows exactly what i think!!

Though its so dark and good, i love when eddie raises his voice in that last bit!

OH DEAR!!
    jones wrote:
    wrong

I'm a huge fan of when people give 1 word answers to something like they are 100% without a doubt right.

I find the song to be slow and boring and a huge momentum killer at a show. Far from their best. But if it's your favorite song in their catalog, more power to you. Enjoy.
    i'm just not a huge fan of you so i try to keep it short
    jones wrote:
    [

Nice grade school comeback! Feel free to leave me alone then if you aren't a fan.
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    AGREED! Absolutely awesome McCready moment there, great footage overall too........"Nothing as it Seems" is fantastic. Everyone's got their opinion, but that's always been one of my top PJ songs, all time.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
    jones wrote:
    [

Nice grade school comeback! Feel free to leave me alone then if you aren't a fan.
    no
  • jones wrote:
    jones wrote:
    [

no

Awesome
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    jones wrote:
    jones wrote:
    [

no

Alright then. Feel free to stalk me. I'm actually flattered. Just promise me that every time you respond to me, you are blasting Nothing As It Seems.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
    jones wrote:
    wrong

I think that's actually what I like about Pearl Jam shows, is that they can pull off the songs where everyone's jumping and energetic, but they can also deliver on great, slow, soulful songs like Nothing As It Seems. It's a very well-rounded show because of tracks like this one.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs wrote:
    I think that's actually what I like about Pearl Jam shows, is that they can pull off the songs where everyone's jumping and energetic, but they can also deliver on great, slow, soulful songs like Nothing As It Seems. It's a very well-rounded show because of tracks like this one.

I won't deny that it is good to have slower songs in there once an awhile. I for one love Come Back but I know some people can't stand it. I don't need all fast high tempo numbers. I wish this one had some part of it where his voice averted from the low, monotone Type O Negative sound (RIP Peter Steele) but there are other slower songs I would much prefer.

I guess I should have just stayed away from this thread since I don't like the song.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    Gotta love these 40 seconds in Pj history, too! ;)

http://www.splicd.com/KLVNFvOcaGc/230/270
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I think it's a good idea for everyone 15 rows back of Mike to bring safety goggles just for extra precaution.

You can never be too sure.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

Do fans of other bands have discussions/arguments about the best 40 seconds of particular songs performed years ago? Is there someone on a Stones board posting snippets of a live version of Sympathy For The Devil from 1978 and critiquing 30 seconds of it?
  • Sorry guys. I just thought that it was pretty fucking sick, with all the feedback and distortion and Mike McCready hatefucking the amp. I didn't know that everyone has to try and be cool and have a differing opinion because dissention is the hipster thing to do.

I should have called it "Sick" not "Sickest" I guess. False advertising... Obviously saying this song or that song is "the best" is retarded.

Thanks for making me even more cynical about the world and even more of a misanthrope.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Sorry guys. I just thought that it was pretty fucking sick, with all the feedback and distortion and Mike McCready hatefucking the amp. I didn't know that everyone has to try and be cool and have a differing opinion because dissention is the hipster thing to do.

I should have called it "Sick" not "Sickest" I guess. False advertising... Obviously saying this song or that song is "the best" is retarded.

Thanks for making me even more cynical about the world and even more of a misanthrope.

I for one think that NAIS video, as a whole, is in the upper echelon of PJ moments.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    awilkins wrote:
    Never seen that before, thanks; super cool.

Best 2:57!

yeah this is crazy...gives me the goosebumps every time.

but that other video is sick! mike goes crazy!!!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • StoneVedder_10StoneVedder_10 Posts: 146
    edited April 2010
    i think the sickest moment in PJ history is that show where the crowd is spitting on Eddie and he encourages it. Indio, CA 1993 i believe? i remember having a recording of it and at one point he says to someone "yeah, that's a good lugie..." :sick:
    Post edited by StoneVedder_10 on
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
    Sorry guys. I just thought that it was pretty fucking sick, with all the feedback and distortion and Mike McCready hatefucking the amp. I didn't know that everyone has to try and be cool and have a differing opinion because dissention is the hipster thing to do.

Sorry man. I wasn't trying to be cool or hipster. I just don't care for the song. Don't be cynical. That's my job :D
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    that's one my favorite things about this band...at any second any one of them can go completely off & elevate the song.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255
    awesome!

one of my fav songs.
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

You had it right the FIRST TIME!!! hatefucking the amp. <-- might be the coolest thing i ever heard!!! i watch this song on youtube all the time, i'm never gona be able to watch it again without thinking, Mike's hate fucking the amp :mrgreen: OUTSTANDING!!!