Girlfriend's car has been stolen

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Motherfuckers...

Came home today to find out that the car is not where we last left it. We just bought her a new car last Saturday and parked her old one on the side of our apt. building, in uncovered parking...the office knows of our vehicles so there is no reason as to why it was towed...problem is we last recall paying attention to it being there on Sunday...could've been stolen a while ago. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen it for a couple of days.

Anyways, police is comin to file the report. Hoep they catch the dirtbags. :evil:

BTW, that car was not worth stealing at all. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise w/ the insurance on it?
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Motherfuckers...

Came home today to find out that the car is not where we last left it. We just bought her a new car last Saturday and parked her old one on the side of our apt. building, in uncovered parking...the office knows of our vehicles so there is no reason as to why it was towed...problem is we last recall paying attention to it being there on Sunday...could've been stolen a while ago. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen it for a couple of days.

Anyways, police is comin to file the report. Hoep they catch the dirtbags. :evil:

BTW, that car was not worth stealing at all. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise w/ the insurance on it?

Bastards! I don't know why my car was still in the carpark at the shopping centre yesterday when I returned to it...cos I didn't friggin lock it! :o Got distracted by my mother taken for-bloody-ever to get out of it and a phone call and somehow forgot. No-one even went in it either, because my ipod was down between the seat and centre console and the gps was in the glove box, mr K's new car seat was in the back along with his dvd player and gawd knows what else. Lucky for me I guess.

But I have pricks who think it is thier right to take what is not thiers......the karma bus will run them over sooner or later. ;)
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Sorry to hear that and it's the worse feeling when you come back and your car isn't where you thought you left it. I'm trying to think if I've ever had my car towed. YUP once and it sucked. I hope your gf gets hers back.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I don't know if I have to say "I'm sorry" or "good for you" :? Just get your money from the insurance and take your GF out for a nice date and talk about the good times you had in that car ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    no kidding...

now remember, when talking to the insurance, you car was pristine and oh, how could this happen to you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I wish someone would steal my car... a girl stole my heart once, but i had no insurance, so i didn't see a dime
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Could have been towed? Iv seen apartment complexes get sued cause they get $$ to help their buddy out the tow truck driver. Or maybe someone else called to get it towed.
    I'll be back
  • You can replace metal and wheels, but you can't replace people. At least no-one was hurt, which is the most important thing.

I once thought my car had been stolen. It was just before Christmas at the Trafford Centre (a shopping mall) and I spent an hour walking round a freeing cold car park, that was covered with ice, about ten shopping bags in my hands and trying desperately not to fall on my ass.

Eventually, I realised I was on the wrong car park. :roll:
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    This dude at my work signed the papers for his brand new home 2 mornings ago.
    He went in at lunch time with the key and the agent, got in and found everything stolen.
    The air conditioner unit was ripped from the roof, the dishwasher, rangehood, and other appliances were stolen.
    They left holes in the walls.
    The guy wasn't insured.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • That must be devastating. It makes me fucking furious thinking people are ruining others lives and getting away with it. :evil:
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Motherfuckers...

Fucking people man. i'm really sorry to hear that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:
    no kidding...

now remember, when talking to the insurance, you car was pristine and oh, how could this happen to you.
    lol!

I hope they find the car, or you get a good wad of cash, whatever works out better for you.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    blue book value if you have full coverage on the vehicle, won't be much most likely. If you planned on selling it this "convenience" could be appreciated but if you wanted a 3rd car just in case that was paid for, then damn them. Also if they recover it you get it as is whatever they did to it unless they totaled it, then blue book again.
    pandora wrote:
    blue book value if you have full coverage on the vehicle, won't be much most likely. If you planned on selling it this "convenience" could be appreciated but if you wanted a 3rd car just in case that was paid for, then damn them. Also if they recover it you get it as is whatever they did to it unless they totaled it, then blue book again.

blue book is debatable. i'm sure his car was in absolutly excellent condition with new tires, a fresh paint job, and only driven on sundays.

i once recieved more for a car when it was totalled than i paid for it.

payouts are negotiable.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    It wasn't towed. After I made the original post, I began calling the maintenance guy for our complex. I asked him that in the event of a car being towed, who do they use. He told me, I called them...they don't have it. I asked a neighbor of mine, who had an unregistered Subaru sitting in the spot next to ours, backed in. He said his was towed and gave me the number of where his car was. Called them...nothing. The officer said that anything towed from the lot they are notified of, and they had no record of it.

My guess is that they're going to strip the car, seeing that it's a 1998 Honda Civic. If they're stupid enough to try and steal a car and registerit, it won't work. This car won't pass safety inspections...I thought maybe it was towed cause it's tag had been expired since the last day of March...but alas, no results of the towing companies. If they're driving it around, they'll get pulled over sooner or later with it's malfunctioning headlights, very fucked up hood, and the expired tag.

I'm hoping to get some insurance money out of it. Perhaps these shitheads did me a favor. In any case, fuck them. Low-life criminal. Proud to say I work for my money and don't need to steal shit to get me from day to day.
    81 wrote:
    blue book is debatable. i'm sure his car was in absolutly excellent condition with new tires, a fresh paint job, and only driven on sundays.

i once recieved more for a car when it was totalled than i paid for it.

payouts are negotiable.

Car was driven everyday for the past 4-5 years, and excellent condition is an overstatement.

All in all, I loved that car. It was a textbook example of a trooper. I dubbed it The White Stallion....and she rides no more. Good times in that vehicle, and it helped us along for a good while.

Hell, that vehicle drove us from Atlanta to Tampa to see Pearl Jam. :thumbup:

The irony is it's bumper sticker: "Don't steal; the government hates competition"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Car was driven everyday for the past 4-5 years, and excellent condition is an overstatement.

all i'm saying is they are going to value your car at X and you will value it at Y. if Y is higher than X, it doesn't hurt to squeak a little.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think its all blue book where the condition is taken into consideration but still falls within the stated parameters not a lot of negotiation. Insurance companies I have found are rarely generous. Hopefully your insurance won't go up due to your bad luck.
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

all i'm saying is they are going to value your car at X and you will value it at Y. if Y is higher than X, it doesn't hurt to squeak a little.

I see what you mean, and this is probably the route I'll take.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Also a word of advice from someone who went through this a few years ago. Wait the insurance company out.

They offered me X amount. I told my agent to call me back when they were ready to offer me X + $1000. I waited about a month, and eventually they called and gave me what I wanted. You have to think that eventually your agent's boss is going to ask him why the hell he hasn't settled the claim for your car and eventually you'll get what you want (within reason of course).
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Why do I suspect DC is posting this as part of an auto insurance scam when he really had one of his friends "steal" the car a la' Homer and Moe? ;)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Why do I suspect DC is posting this as part of an auto insurance scam when he really had one of his friends "steal" the car a la' Homer and Moe? ;)

:shifty: ............. :shh: ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

My only concern is that you didn't ask me. I like to make sure insurance fraud is carried out correctly. Hopefully, your friend didn't stop to watch "Hail to the Chimp" at the drive-in.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

My only concern is that you didn't ask me. I like to make sure insurance fraud is carried out correctly. Hopefully, your friend didn't stop to watch "Hail to the Chimp" at the drive-in.

Now that you're into that sort of thing, next time I need to double-cross someone, or something...I'll be sure to get you in on it.

Are you interested in taking down the IRS with me?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    DC - you're having a bit of a shitty time at the moment, really hoping things improve.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    sorry to hear that, man!! hope you guys get it back soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Claireack wrote:
    DC - you're having a bit of a shitty time at the moment, really hoping things improve.

You said it, but things always have a way of working themselves out. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Success!

The car was retrieved in an apartment complext parking lot on the west side of SLC, which doesn't come as a surprise to me.

A Salt Lake City police officer received a call about someone suspicious that was frequenting the complex in a small white car. Turns out it was a white Ford, but the cop went to check it out...saw the white Honda (prior to learning of the Ford detail), ran the plates and saw it was stolen.

Good police work, I might say.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Too bad this won't be in the cards :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    maybe the thief left an old test in the car? it might even be near an in-n-out burger

seriously though, that sucks! at least it wasn't her only car
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    maybe the thief left an old test in the car? it might even be near an in-n-out burger

seriously though, that sucks! at least it wasn't her only car
    Leads :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    eyedclaar wrote:
    This reminds me of a city cop I knew who use to buy Corvettes and then HAVE then stolen and collect the money. He eventually got caught.
    This same cop use to go to the high school at lunch time and take different girls "out to lunch" a lot!!
    He wasn't much older than high school age. I never went to "lunch" with him, but I knew girls who did.
    He once got a medal for taking a bullet during a robbery. His belt buckle caught the bullet, so he wasn't hurt, but all us high school girls knew all about him and couldn't believe the slime ball got a medal.
    The city I am talking about is a suburb of Detroit, but is only 2 miles by 2 miles big. Word gets around quite fast around there.
    I'm not saying this is what happened in this case, but it reminded me of that incident with the cop.
    Save room for dessert!