Conan new show on TBS

2»

Comments

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Is there mutiny on the couch? Longtime Conan O'Brien bandleader Max Weinberg may be a turncoat in the O'Brien-Jay Leno late-night war, according to a new report.
    Film site Movieline alleges that Weinberg is eyeing the gig as Leno's new emcee, after Kevin Eubanks announced he'll soon be leaving Leno's side.
    Weinberg was jazzed last year to assume the position when Conan took over the "Tonight Show" reins, but in light of the Team Coco flush, he's made "overtures" to return solo.
    "I used to think when I was a kid what a great job that must be -- you know, same place, every time, everyday. Lo and behold, here I am 40 years later, doing it," Weinberg gushed about the gig to Inside Jersey magazine in August. 
    As if buzz about a switch to Leno's show isn't controversial enough, the Movieline report goes on to say ...
    ... that Weinberg wasn't necessarily a beloved member of Big Red's team:
    Weinberg would send interns to do gardening work at his house on the New Jersey shore, and would involve staffers in his pay disputes with the network -- at one point, even enlisting an intern to tabulate every minute of screen time Weinberg had racked up over two years in an argument for a salary raise.
    An NBC spokesperson had no comment regarding the report. 
    Do you think Weinberg would make a good addition to the "Tonight Show" team? Does this make Leno look even worse?

(I didn't get a chance to comment when I posted this)

That would be a slap in the face to conan by Max and Leno. Of course Max is a big boy and can do what he wants but does he really want to "be that guy"? LMAO Max had interns do yard work. Lol
    I'll be back
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    norm wrote:
    at least i still get my seinfeld reruns on fox too :clap:

which is why conan chose tbs...fox couldn't get enough affiliates to carry the show...he'll probably get the same ratings on tbs that he could have got on fox...and if he were to go on fox, he'd have to kiss those affiliates asses and do a safer show even it is fox...with tbs, he's gonna have a lot of freedom

or conan really wants to call braves games

:mrgreen:

yes, i read that too.

tbs just seems like its on a little ower level to me. hopefully coco can change that perception
    www.myspace.com
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    does the Masturbating Bear get to go with Conan, Andy & Max?

the correct answer is " no ".

the self- pleasuring Panda ?

:o

"i can say Pea, and I can say Cock, but i cant say Peacock"
    :lol:
    http://newyorkpost.com/p/entertainment/ ... zOxb1pWefO

Conan O'Brien's goal for opening night of his 30-city, "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On Television" tour on Monday: "I want you all to leave here thinking: 'That was sort of worth it.' "

Though his Eugene, Oregon debut was dissed by some critics (The Hollywood Reporter called it "sometimes flat"), O'Brien received a rock-star's reception from 2,800, mostly college-age fans.

BEHIND CONAN'S SHOCKING JUMP TO TBS

They donned "I'm with Coco" T-shirts and chanted "Conan, Conan" as O'Brien took the stage for the first time since being pushed off "The Tonight Show" last January.

"I can say pea and I can say cock, but I can't say Peacock," the embattled late-night host joked. "I am under legal restriction. I am not allowed to perform on television, radio or the internet."

He did, however, take a few shots at his former NBC bosses in a video spoof of the evil, "Generic Network Executive" (interpreted by some to be network boss Jeff Zucker).

There were plenty of comedy bits including The Eight Stages of Mourning The Loss of Your Talk Show and a list of people that the host was mad at for still being employed on TV. Sorry, Snookie.

And it was goodbye to the Masturbating Bear -- now the property of NBC -- and hello to the Self-Pleasuring Panda. Coco's traveling road show, which includes long-time sidekick Andy Richter, several original members of his Late Night band, and a special video appearance by Triumph The Insult Comic Dog, rolls in to Radio City Music Hall in June. "I am not supposed to admit this, but I really missed the applause," he told his flock, who gobbled up nearly 3,000 tickets in under an hour. "It has been three and a half months. You have no idea how shallow I am."

O'Brien also wasted little time poking fun at his new gig with TBS: "You may have heard I got a new job. Starting tomorrow I am the new assistant manager at the Eugene Banana Republic." And still sporting a partially graying beard. "Not everyone likes it," he admits. "Some people think I look like Paul Bunyan with an eating disorder."

opening night video:
    ( poor quality but you all get the idea )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMkDz5x9 ... _embedded#
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life