Babysitting while following tour, or bring the cage??

13»

Comments

• tacettacet Posts: 323
    Love the pic of Liam and your boy needs a haircut.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • AnarionKingAnarionKing Posts: 170
    and here I'm worrying about what to do with the damn cat when I travel for three weeks this summer :o
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,823
    well I can only speak to one hotel
    the new york hilton

a buddy of mine used their babysitting services and it was fine-I know that some of the hotels in NYC have great kids programs-so the parents can go to dinner, the theater etc......

And seriously folks, leaving a kid with a babysitting service at a hotel is similar to dropping them off at a pre-school, day care center or trying out a new sitter. Truthfully, how well do you really know that person who is watching your children? Just because you paid a big tuition fee or got a referral for a sitter-that doesnt mean there isnt some risk involved.
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    :shock:

Ok since this is a family here as we say, it would make sense to be up front with you. To me, it seems incredibly irresponsible to not leave your kid with at least someone you know. I think you may have your priorities mixed up a bit.

And "I'm cereal and won't be Trix-ing any more"? Really? Did your 4 year old tell you to say this? I mean, this is about as serious as it gets. It's your fucking child dude. There shouldn't even be a hint of joking around. I'm sure there's options, but geez.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Sidnum wrote:

Ok since this is a family here as we say, it would make sense to be up front with you. To me, it seems incredibly irresponsible to not leave your kid with at least someone you know. I think you may have your priorities mixed up a bit.

And "I'm cereal and won't be Trix-ing any more"? Really? Did your 4 year old tell you to say this? I mean, this is about as serious as it gets. It's your fucking child dude. There shouldn't even be a hint of joking around. I'm sure there's options, but geez.

Remind me to never bring up the orphans working in my acid mines while you're around...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Sidnum wrote:

Remind me to never bring up the orphans working in my acid mines while you're around...

As long as they are being put to productive use then I can't see anything wrong with your enterprise.
  • CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    Im sorry but the thread starter is a sellfish pitiful loser of a father to do that to his child.

Maybe think of your sons feelings....not yours

If you have seen PJ 71 times you say...I think you could sit this one out then if you dont have the right support network......but oh no...that wont happen...he will go and victimize his own kid for PJ...thats pathetic.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
    Cardinal wrote:
    Im sorry but the thread starter is a sellfish pitiful loser of a father to do that to his child.

If you have seen PJ 71 times you say...I think you could sit this one out then if you dont have the right support network......but oh no...that wont happen...he will go and victimize his own kid for PJ...thats pathetic.

You meant shellfish, right?
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Sidnum wrote:

So you own The Temple of Doom?
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    Get_Right wrote:
    And seriously folks, leaving a kid with a babysitting service at a hotel is similar to dropping them off at a pre-school, day care center or trying out a new sitter. Truthfully, how well do you really know that person who is watching your children? Just because you paid a big tuition fee or got a referral for a sitter-that doesnt mean there isnt some risk involved.

EXACTLY!!!!
    Cardinal wrote:

VICTIMIZE his kid?

Do you say that to everyone who sends their kid to religious education too? :shock:

How about when you let your kid get on a school bus with a random driver.... Boy scouts?

How about camp? Pre-school? Day care?

Lots of high and mighties on this board

That's why i usually stay far far far away.... and again i am out. ADIOS!
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    SS25454 wrote:
    Love the pic of Liam and your boy needs a haircut.

Hahahahaha.......you try to cut it! He won't let me touch it........we live a stone's throw from one of the best beaches in the world...kid loves the ocean...his hair is tame compared to what is out here.....
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Mcam55 wrote:
    I heard Boom is a great babysitter....actually the cage might be a better option.

isn't this the preferred method????
    wait...it's why I don't have kids...I can't crate them like I can my dogs. :D

and clearly have little advice for the OP. I also did not read any further than the first few responses.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    edited April 2010
    Sidnum wrote:

Totally totally understand. You are 100 percent correct.... I mean, me asking the board if anyone has any clue about these "potential" solutions is just as serious as actually hiring one or at least should be treated exactly with the same level of importance as checking to see if a hotel has a fully bonded with DOJ fingerprinting and Live-Scan FBI database reviews for anyone at the program/staff,... IMHO, what would be just slightly more irresponsible and a barely worse decision is to head out next week and presume I can figure it out as I go.

Also, if I am not allowed to use some lame jokes (that made me laugh, and you all know who I am worried about) then I am throwing a red flag for your use of "It's your fucking child dude". Phhhhhhhhh (whistle sound) Five Yard Penalty for Inappropriate Foul Language Interjection without Reading All the Posts.....Repeat Third Down...

Everyone can relax.................., my kid will be taken care of by his aunt on three nights..flying her in and out from Seattle......the rest of the time I will be renting a locker at the local Hostel or YMCA, well, unless the prescription isn't here on time.....then i will need to find wooden lockers since the others will surely be obvious once he starts flopping around....
    Post edited by OffMeGoes on
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

Whizbang wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    I heard Boom is a great babysitter....actually the cage might be a better option.

and clearly have little advice for the OP. I also did not read any further than the first few responses.

Really? You must have small dogs................

OffMeGoes wrote:
    Sidnum wrote:

Totally totally understand. You are 100 percent correct.... I mean, me asking the board if anyone has any clue about these "potential" solutions is just as serious as actually hiring one or at least should be treated exactly with the same level of importance as checking to see if a hotel has a fully bonded with DOJ fingerprinting and Live-Scan FBI database reviews for anyone at the program/staff,... IMHO, what would be just slightly more irresponsible and a barely worse decision is to head out next week and presume I can figure it out as I go.

Also, if I am not allowed to use some lame jokes (that made me laugh, and you all know who I am worried about) then I am throwing a red flag for your use of "It's your fucking child dude". Phhhhhhhhh (whistle sound) Five Yard Penalty for Inappropriate Foul Language Interjection without Reading All the Posts.....Repeat Third Down...

Everyone can relax..................I have about 1.7 million burning a hole in my pocket, and my kid will be taken care of by his aunt on three nights..flying her in and out from Seattle......the rest of the time I will be renting a locker at the local Hostel or YMCA, well, unless the prescription isn't here on time.....then i will need to find wooden lockers since the others will surely be obvious once he starts flopping around....

Cool, you're comparing swearing to child welfare.....nice. But seriously though, I'm glad you found somebody.
    OffMeGoes wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

Really? You must have small dogs................

nope, I have 2 Labs...about 65lbs each. If I dog proof a room, I can keep them locked in there and travel without the crates. They're a little older now and a bit less likely to get into things (famous last words thought ;) ). However, I do have a good care system place for the when I travel for PJ or go on vacation. Same thought process goes into it - who do you trust to take care of them? What are the emergency contacts? Will the person know when to call or when to let the situation run its course? Worse yet, with pets, did you set a monetary limit on what to do in a "worst case" situation and is the sitter able to pay it until you return? Do you trust that person to make the right call for your pet in the event you are unreachable?
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

• covered in blisscovered in bliss Posts: 1,332
    How is this working out? Positive things to say about the hotel help?
    or there's this option:

18636_254084695755_628360755_377327.jpg

for the record, I'm not usually asked to babysit.