Ed Solo was my favorite concert(s) ever.

flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I await the day that Eddie releases another solo album. I hope I have the opportunity to see Ed solo live again. I feel lucky to have seen the shows that I have...Here is to hoping that a video surfaces one day...(D.C.?)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,792
    2 of my favorite concerts of all time
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Never got the chance to see Ed solo- I really hope he does another solo tour sometime!
    Seems like incredible, intimate shows!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,792
    samjam wrote:
    Never got the chance to see Ed solo- I really hope he does another solo tour sometime!

I think it's a strong possibility..... Different perspective, nice change of pace

the venues were great! United palace in NYC and tower theatre in Philly were a treat

loved the covers, itw, and pj songs mixed together

Some assholes in the crowds, that's kinda par for the coarse at this point
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    samjam wrote:
    +1
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Ryman #1 was mine.

That night was incredible. The ambiance of the theatre, his voice was so rich. It was amazing.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I enjoyed Ed solo, but I'd rather see PJ by a long shot.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr wrote:

+1 :wave:
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    +1

Just an overall amazing concert going experience for me in Santa Barbara. Getting to go back to my old college town and spend the day there, meeting great fellow fans, scoring seats in the 2nd row dead center, finding Ed's pick from soundcheck underneath my seat, and then an amazing show to top it all off. Couldn't ask for anything more.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    jeffbr wrote:

I can not compare, they are very different experiences. Pearl Jam is like a wild night out with all the freedom and release and Eddie solo is like a quiet Sunday afternoon spent laying in the grass under a tree. Both beautiful, both I need and both fulfill. I too have been longing for more Eddie solo.
  • I saw Ed at N J pac and for me it was'nt a concert. It was more like a awsome experince .
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    NJPAC was tremendous
  • pandora wrote:
    jeffbr wrote:

I can not compare, they are very different experiences. Pearl Jam is like a wild night out with all the freedom and release and Eddie solo is like a quiet Sunday afternoon spent laying in the grass under a tree. Both beautiful, both I need and both fulfill. I too have been longing for more Eddie solo.

Very well said and I retract my +1 and give it to you! I forgot how awesome the atmosphere was at the Ed shows.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    My favorite shows ever:

Ed Vedder at the Boston Opera House - Summer 2008
    My Morning Jacket at Madison Square Garden - New Years Eve 2008
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 415
    I missed both EV solo shows in Chicago and was seriously so bummed. That and having to be out of town during the PJ show at the Vic are the 3 concerts I have been upset the most in my life about having to miss.
    I really hope he does another solo tour too.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    spoman wrote:
    I saw Ed at N J pac and for me it was'nt a concert. It was more like a awsome experince .

me 2 , +1. just a cool fun night. PJ,thats a Rock Concert!!!
  • jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    + 1
  • thinking about Santa Cruz... happiness... the beach... driving down to Santa Cruz and feeling on top of the world and then Ed sung about that... :D what a beautiful experience. One of the best nights of my life. Reliving it right now, unstuck in time.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • I agree the Solo show I saw in Toronto was probably my favourite live music experience ever.
  • My Morning Jacket at Madison Square Garden - New Years Eve 2008

I regret turning down tickets to go see this show :oops: :oops: :(
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    pandora wrote:
    jeffbr wrote:

+1 Well said.

Both are like two different religious experiences for me. EV in Chicago was one of the most intimate, beautiful shows i've ever seen. But PJ as a whole gives me a feeling EVERY time I see them that cannot be repeated by any other concerts I see. And I also NEED both!
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I'm very high on the "seen it all" quotient when it comes to live music, and the few times I've seen EV all rank in my Top 10 Live Shows -- Berkeley 2 being a stratospheric No. 1. Santa Cruz is prolly No. 3.

I will absolutely travel any where in the world to catch him solo now. Holding out for EV Europe Tour!
    [sic] happens
  • sagapo1sagapo1 Posts: 186
    maj4e wrote:
    Ryman #1 was mine.

That night was incredible. The ambiance of the theatre, his voice was so rich. It was amazing.

I saw him at the Ryman as well. It was very special to me. I was talking to this elderly woman on the plane ride home. She asked.... "how long were you in Nashville?"... I said.... "one night."
    She looked at me like I was crazy. She said..."for what?" I responded.... "For an Eddie Vedder concert"
    She said.. "boy, you must like him"
    "Cynics are simply disappointed idealists" - George Carlin
    Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight. - Andy Warhol

• OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    sagapo1 wrote:
    maj4e wrote:
    Ryman #1 was mine.

I saw him at the Ryman as well. It was very special to me. I was talking to this elderly woman on the plane ride home. She asked.... "how long were you in Nashville?"... I said.... "one night."
    She looked at me like I was crazy. She said..."for what?" I responded.... "For an Eddie Vedder concert"
    She said.. "boy, you must like him"

Did someone say Ryman??? Was that nice...??

3651397553_b1ae3647a3_m.jpg
    4515462300_8464cec692_m.jpg
    3651406617_dd535b0523_m.jpg
    4515490396_2a4260f1f9_m.jpg
    3652184526_6bde802019_m.jpg
    3652195950_f1cecb721b_m.jpg
    3652200272_e69362f56f_m.jpg
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    maj4e wrote:
    Ryman #1 was mine.

Hate to beat the dead horse but Ryman #1 is my favorite all time too. Ed really raised himself to the history of the auditorium.
  • belthookbelthook Posts: 100
    spoman wrote:
    I saw Ed at N J pac and for me it was'nt a concert. It was more like a awsome experince .
    Great point. That night was kinda surreal. I have never been to a show that the audience seemed so in tune with what the performer was doing. It felt like you could hear a pin drop and everyone hung on every word Eddie had to say. I could actually understand what he was saying between songs and his explanation of YL blew me away. I have seen 12 PJ shows and it is tough to compare a full PJ show to an EV show but it was amazing.
    • 2024: 09/03/24 MSG, 09/07/24 Philly
    • 2022: 02/06/22 NJ PAC (EV & Earthlings), 09/11/22 MSG, 09/14/22 Camden
    • 2021: 09/18/21 Asbury Park
    • 2018: 09/02/18 Fenway Park
    • 2016: 08/05/16 Fenway Park, 05/02/16 MSG, 05/01/16 MSG
    • 2013: 10/18/13 Barclay's, 10/19/13 Barclay's
    • 2010: 05/21/10 MSG, 05/20/10 MSG
    • 2008: 08/07/08 NJ PAC (EV Solo), 6/25/08 MSG
    • 2006: 06/03/06 Continental Airlines Arena, 06/01/06 Continental Airlines Arena
    • 2003: 07/14/03 PNC, 07/09/03 MSG, 07/08/03 MSG
    • 1998: 09/08/98 Continental Airlines Arena
    • 1996: 10/02/96 Dodge Music Center

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    belthook wrote:
    spoman wrote:
    Great point. That night was kinda surreal. I have never been to a show that the audience seemed so in tune with what the performer was doing. It felt like you could hear a pin drop and everyone hung on every word Eddie had to say. I could actually understand what he was saying between songs and his explanation of YL blew me away. I have seen 12 PJ shows and it is tough to compare a full PJ show to an EV show but it was amazing.

There were some great video's of this night on youtube, but they dissappeared after three months, never to return. :cry:
  • HAPHESHAPHES Posts: 19
    Ed at the Tower in Philly was one of those nights I will never forget....After a brilliant show he greeted the crowd by the bus. I was at the front of the crowd and got to meet Ed, shake his hand and tell him that LBC is my favorite PJ song ever. He told me about the experienceof recording it with the African childrens' choir and how they showed the kids how to eat pizza and sing using monitors. It was a real conversation. I was in awe for days afterward. Everyone I know at this point knows that story and I still tell it. Ed, you are the man!!!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    3652184526_6bde802019_m.jpg
    look at that little Liam face, gotta love him! Awesome memories!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Hawaii 06 is my #1

EV LA at the Wiltern is #2

SLC 09 is #3

I wish I had about 40 more to chose from... you lucky bastahds.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,763
    Two nights at the Ryman....it was amazing. Can't wait to see Neil there in June.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.