for those that are sick of even flow live.....

2»

Comments

• cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    The song is badass - keep it in every night.

As it is, Mike is getting more and more redundant - their more recent albums have too many solo-free songs, so I say keep Even Flow and let him go crazy every night. He kicks ass as a guitarist, and the more solos he can shred, the better.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Love the Solo in the middle, but thats about it.
  • I understand why they play it every night, and I definitely don't have a problem with it. That being said, the song, just doesn't have the impact on me that it once did. I think the hyperspeed at which its played, the extended Mike solo, the Matt Cameron drum solo, etc just takes away from the power of the song to me.
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    MrSmith wrote:
    I'd rather hear it at a show than some shitty rarity. i dont get why setlists are always judged by song rarity. sure, i'd love to here No Way, but not because it was rarely played, but because its an awesome song. i really dont need to be 'lucky' enough to get the one In The Moonlight at my show. i'd rather hear Black or Alive in its place.

Dude, this is the 2nd time in recent memory that I've agreed with everything you've said. 1) No Way...had this blasting outside while doing yardwork yday, and my 8-year old son - who's attending his first-ever concert with me in Columbus in a few weeks - says, "Man, Jeff's little bass solo there was awesome!" There's a reason to hear this awesome rarity. 2) PLEASE PLAY BLACK IN COLUMBUS...or in Noblesville the next night.

My 10-year son - attending his first-ever concert in Columbus too - said he wants to hear a bunch of stuff from Ten. I get that each album & song speaks to each of us in a different way, but I think it's cool when a new listener is as moved by Pearl Jam's root music/influence the same way I was when I first discovered them.

Bottom line: keep the Flow...at least for my son's sake!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    in essence, i go to pearl jam shows to see evenflow. its what its all about man. that song kicks fuckin ass. i crank it the car a lot too, the RVM version, with the waaaaaah!

With ya there! :thumbup:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    i want even flow at every show.its an amazing song with great solo and Mike give his best moment..
    there are also bands like Tokyo Hotel..some of u can buy ticket for their show,they never play Even Flow...

Well SAID!!! :thumbup:
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Just bring it back to the groovey 92! That's what made the entire song but now the tempo just killed it.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,165
    in essence, i go to pearl jam shows to see evenflow. its what its all about man. that song kicks fuckin ass. i crank it the car a lot too, the RVM version, with the waaaaaah!

LOVE YOUR WORK!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • FeiracoFeiraco Posts: 255
    Even Flow is a legendary song! :D
    Everyone is entitled to have his/here opinion, but if it was for me the song would be a must in every show. I'm looking forward to the day they start playing Jeremy again.
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    drsluggo wrote:

But I also would say that with Even Flow I do skip it on the ipod a lot.

I do, too. But at a show? I wouldn't want to miss it. It's just different, being there and experiencing it live. It's a kick ass song no doubt.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Am I the only hardcore fan that doesn't like Even Flow? I never really thought it was that great of a song (even before listening to boots or going to shows). I dunno what it is it's just kindve boring for me. I actually prefer it live because of the solo in the middle and the energy of the venue but I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't played and I usually skip it on boots/Ten. Again, this has nothing to do with going to multiple shows or listening to multiple boots i just dont really like the song. Can never get tired of songs they usually play almost every night like Alive, Corduroy, Black though. Those are great!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Posts: 266
    Gotta have EF!

Come on, it's completely different seeing it live.

Maybe I get that when you see it in every setlist or listen to every boot, you think 'not again' or hit the skip :roll:.

But at a show it's awesome. The energy and buzz of the crowd, the band. the solos etc. I've never noticed more people leaving than in any other song when EF is played. Maybe it doesn't happen down under. :shock:
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
    2024 - Indy, Wrigley Field x 2, Auckland x 2, Gold Coast, Melbourne x 2 & Sydney x 2
  • I just wish that they would slooooowwwww it way down and I'd be good.

Also, though I love Matt, I think that all drum solos are lame by anybody.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    I think that all drum solos are lame by anybody.

Ummm... then you've never heard a Neil Peart drum solo.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    drsluggo wrote:
    So why does e-flow have to be played at EVERY show?

Because otherwise, Mike will fucking kill somebody. :o

Said Ed, August 24, 2009
    United Center, Chicago