for those that are sick of even flow live.....

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Since you're so sick of hearing the song and it's a tiring thing for you listening to such a shitty, awful song, I'll gladly take your front row seat off your hands that you've had since 1992 for those five minutes......
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    :clap: agree
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Those snobs should quit going to shows all together

if one song can get u all worked up, your clearly missing the point

it also kicks ass and there are a bunch of people seeing it for the 1st time

Oh yea..... If ur pissing during it, I hope u have some zipper trouble :)
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    in essence, i go to pearl jam shows to see evenflow. its what its all about man. that song kicks fuckin ass. i crank it the car a lot too, the RVM version, with the waaaaaah!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Hahaha. So those people are the snobs? Not you for making a thread like this?

Congrats to you for loving a 12 minute song that has been played at almost every single show since 1991. You guys are much bigger fans than people who are tired of hearing it.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Hahaha. So those people are the snobs? Not you for making a thread like this?

Congrats to you for loving a 12 minute song that has been played at almost every single show since 1991. You guys are much bigger fans than people who are tired of hearing it.

I said snob not op.....

They can play whatever the fuck they want. Their setlists are some of the most diverse of any band out there

it's become the cool thing to say around here, that even flow sux
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Hahaha. So those people are the snobs? Not you for making a thread like this? You guys are much bigger fans than people who are tired of hearing it.
    Only an idiot would ASSume that's what this thread is about...
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    in essence, i go to pearl jam shows to see evenflow. its what its all about man. that song kicks fuckin ass. i crank it the car a lot too, the RVM version, with the waaaaaah!
    that's right, it's all about the WAHHH!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    A) Even Flow always kicks ass

B) There will always be someone at their first show, and they will surely want to hear Even Flow live

C) Even Flow kicks ass :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    BTW...I know exactly what you were getting at and I just want to make it be known I am not one of the snobs you are referring to. I don't have front row tickets, I never will and I don't go to every single show and brag about it. I've met some cool people waiting in line to pick up tickets or at my seats but also some really pretentious "old timers" with a sense of entitlement. Although I don't really care to hear Evenflow anymore, I completely understand the necessity to play it.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'll say this... they have a LOT of 'greatest hits' to play so I dont know why even flow has to be at EVERY show.

They have so many to choose from... Alive, Black, Even Flow, Jeremy, Go, Animal, Daughter, Corduroy, Better Man, etc, etc, etc.

So why does e-flow have to be played at EVERY show?

Yeah - people shouldnt make a mass exodus to the bathroom during it. But come on... you really can't understand why people are tired of it?

And there are always fans at their first show that want to hear it, but they want to hear everything so I can't imagine people are going to leave going 'this show would have been great if only they played even flow instead of jeremy or instead of garden or whatever.'

I dont know.. I can see both sides, but still... dont make everyone out to be snobs who dont want it every show.
    alive gets played A LOT too so why do people only dis the FLOW??!! I'll nevvvvvver get tired of it.
    drsluggo wrote:
    I'll say this... they have a LOT of 'greatest hits' to play so I dont know why even flow has to be at EVERY show.

They have so many to choose from... Alive, Black, Even Flow, Jeremy, Go, Animal, Daughter, Corduroy, Better Man, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah - people shouldnt make a mass exodus to the bathroom during it. But come on... you really can't understand why people are tired of it?

And there are always fans at their first show that want to hear it, but they want to hear everything so I can't imagine people are going to leave going 'this show would have been great if only they played even flow instead of jeremy or instead of garden or whatever.'

I dont know.. I can see both sides, but still... dont make everyone out to be snobs who dont want it every show.

• I never tire of evenflow...good solos usually, lots of effort, its their staple. Like it or not it is. On the 40th anniversary when PJs done X many shows and the band is old and reflects, it'll be that one thing every PJ fan experienced, that they put in every show even though they sometimes thought about not doing it. And if you don't like it, well, lifes shit, go somewhere else.
    SENROCK wrote:
    alive gets played A LOT too so why do people only dis the FLOW??!! I'll nevvvvvver get tired of it.
    My personal guess would be up until recently it wasn't EVERY show, its usually closer to the end and it doesnt go on for like 10 minutes in the middle of the set.

There was a stretch where hearing Alive was a cool 'wow' because you werent sure if they would play it where now you expect it in the second encore. But, because its in the second encore you dont see the masses running for the bathrooms though...
  • I'd rather hear it at a show than some shitty rarity. i dont get why setlists are always judged by song rarity. sure, i'd love to here No Way, but not because it was rarely played, but because its an awesome song. i really dont need to be 'lucky' enough to get the one In The Moonlight at my show. i'd rather hear Black or Alive in its place.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    edited April 2010
    If there's any Pearl Jam fan that has followed the band since '91 & is still sick of Even Flow played live over all those year's @ the show they are in needs to hang up their Pearl Jam jersey's & stop listening to Pearl Jam all together. Each day I have some live Even Flow on my drive to work or @ the job site. Listening to those amazing solo's, fillers & jam's, get's my blood running. For those "I've already heard it, bathroom break time" need to check into rehab & get some theropy in music 101.
  • I'd rather hear Even Flow for the whole fucking night then EVER having to sit through Bee Girl. Like, seriously, people actually WANTED to hear that one live? Why? Just so they can SAY they saw it live.

I've seen PJ only 3 times. If I had seen them 100 times I would have wanted EF at every single one.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    I had seen them 100 times I would have wanted EF at every single one.

I would too!
  • Why? Just so they can SAY they saw it live.
    yeah i dont get that mentality at all.
  • I've seen PJ only 3 times.

first show: set opener.
    second show: halfway through main set
    third show: again, halfway through main set
    if I'm lucky enough to see a fourth show: I'd love for it to be the show closer.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    I'd rather hear Even Flow for the whole fucking night then EVER having to sit through Bee Girl. Like, seriously, people actually WANTED to hear that one live? Why? Just so they can SAY they saw it live.

I've seen PJ only 3 times. If I had seen them 100 times I would have wanted EF at every single one.
    I agree with the first part 100%... I would never request or want to hear a song I skip at home just to cross it off a list! Case in point... Get Right... :)

But I also would say that with Even Flow I do skip it on the ipod a lot. There ARE songs I'd take EVERY night that I think work so much better in a show for the crowd and everything (DTE, Save You, Why Go -even Given to Fly)... Even Flow has become something of a crowd killer IMO. And I know part of that is on the crowd, but part of it is on the fact that this band has built such a tremendously loyal following that go to multiple shows and they know this.

Maybe part of it for me is I was never a huge Even Flow fan - I like it but on Ten its always ranked low. But I can't argue with the people who think that every night is too much... it is for any song.
  • its not really a crowd killer. just for the first few rows. the cheap seats eat it up. thats what its for.
    MrSmith wrote:
    its not really a crowd killer. just for the first few rows. the cheap seats eat it up. thats what its for.
    In 08 I was at the two MSG shows in the 300s (missed out on TC seats). I was absolutely horrified and amazed at the amount of people who left during Even Flow. It was so weird to watch - it was truly a mass of people just leaving after the first notes.

I'd say that the main parts of the song had the 200s/300s going but the extended middle even killed those parts. The floor was dead as was most of 100s. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but that was my first chance in having 'nosebleed' seats and it was quite a sight to see. I've NEVER walked out during a PJ song unless I was extremely ill (thank you Philly Cheesesteak) so I can't understand that, but wow do people plan their breaks around that song.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    SENROCK wrote:
    that's right, it's all about the WAHHH!!! :D

i thought of you when i typed it and knew you would chime in!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i want even flow at every show.its an amazing song with great solo and Mike give his best moment..
    there are also bands like Tokyo Hotel..some of u can buy ticket for their show,they never play Even Flow...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    drsluggo wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    its not really a crowd killer. just for the first few rows. the cheap seats eat it up. thats what its for.
    In 08 I was at the two MSG shows in the 300s (missed out on TC seats). I was absolutely horrified and amazed at the amount of people who left during Even Flow. It was so weird to watch - it was truly a mass of people just leaving after the first notes.

I'd say that the main parts of the song had the 200s/300s going but the extended middle even killed those parts. The floor was dead as was most of 100s. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but that was my first chance in having 'nosebleed' seats and it was quite a sight to see. I've NEVER walked out during a PJ song unless I was extremely ill (thank you Philly Cheesesteak) so I can't understand that, but wow do people plan their breaks around that song.

I always see people posting here that they hate the song and take wiz breaks and are bored with the song and yada yada. HOWEVER, for some reason i dont see people walking around ONLY during EVENFLOW. AND, it seems to me that the whole place is singing along and jumps at the "yeah!" part!!! :lol: I never get why people walk around during the show anyway. It amazes me seeing people having a PICNIC or acting like they are at a buffet with all their food during a Pearl Jam show!!! :? LONG LIVE THE FLOW!!! WAHHH!!! :D

i want even flow at every show.its an amazing song with great solo and Mike give his best moment..
    there are also bands like Tokyo Hotel..some of u can buy ticket for their show,they never play Even Flow...

THATS RIGHT!!!

• Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    drsluggo wrote:

so you want them to just play every song from the first 2 albums EXCEPT evenflow?
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    so you want them to just play every song from the first 2 albums EXCEPT evenflow?
    No - my point was that most casual fans know almost all of the songs from the first 3 albums, so they can mix it up and not play even flow EVERY night. It really is one of the only songs they play every single night. If they played it every 2-3 shows like Jeremy, Black, Go, Animal, Daughter, etc, etc... people probably wouldn't be whining about it.
    SENROCK wrote:
    I always see people posting here that they hate the song and take wiz breaks and are bored with the song and yada yada. HOWEVER, for some reason i dont see people walking around ONLY during EVENFLOW. AND, it seems to me that the whole place is singing along and jumps at the "yeah!" part!!! :lol: I never get why people walk around during the show anyway. It amazes me seeing people having a PICNIC or acting like they are at a buffet with all their food during a Pearl Jam show!!! :? LONG LIVE THE FLOW!!! WAHHH!!! :D
    I dont get why people walk around during the show either - never have and never will. But I can say with absolutely certainty that during Even Flow the # of people walking out is so much higher than any other song was. It was as if the entire lower level knew that was when they were going on a beer run/bathroom break/etc. It really was weird to see - even my friend who was with me at his first PJ show in 10 years commented on how odd it was to see so many people heading for the exits so early in the song.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,838
    Im a bit tired of it being played EVERY night

absence makes the heart grow fonder

but hey, EF is a staple for the solos and it gives EV a cig break-whatever, its only one song