Empire Strikes Back

2»

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    the wolf wrote:

Hey !!! I'm the one guy that actually liked the prequels !!! :oops:

I thought they were good. They just couldnt live up to the enormous standards set that were impossible to reach.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I also liked the prequels, not as much as the originals, but then what would I know, I was convinced I would grow up and marry Han Solo.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Huge Star Wars geek here as well. Although I jumped on board after the phenomenon was released. Born in 1988, I never got to see the original screenings. Although my pops wasted no time getting me into the saga. I still have totes and totes of action figures, toy spaceships, etc... and for the record, I may or may not still play with them. ;)

I did go to the screenings of the re-releases in the mid 90's that had the special effects and additional scenes included. Wasn't the original...but for not being able to see the original, it was pretty important moment in my nerd life.

:ugeek:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    MayDay10 wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

Hey !!! I'm the one guy that actually liked the prequels !!! :oops:

I thought they were good. They just couldnt live up to the enormous standards set that were impossible to reach.

:clap:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Whenever I need a source of inspiration, I look to my left cubical wall and just gaze into this:

awesome_starwars.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Another fave of mine...

sw_solo.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    hey dc,

i went to those screenings in the 90's too. for the first 50 people in line they gave out special Luke Toys with the date of the re-release on the package, I'ev got two of em sealed, i wonder what they fetch?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    hey dc,

i went to those screenings in the 90's too. for the first 50 people in line they gave out special Luke Toys with the date of the re-release on the package, I'ev got two of em sealed, i wonder what they fetch?

There was a recent thread on here about sports cards and how collectors are keeping a lot that don't hold much value. With the large amount of die-hard, and I mean die-hard Star Wars fans there are out there, I'm sure you could get a pretty penny for it. Just look up the next nearest Jedi convention. :P :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 30 YEARS AGO :shock:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/08/empir ... star-wars/

I remember vividly waiting on line with thousands of others on the opening night in Lawrence, NY. It must have taken 3 screenings (no multi-plexes back then) for us to get in...

Boy was it worth it... Best of them all ... and such a touchstone to my youth...

good god you are old bd...if you where using the internet 30 years ago.

empire is the best of the first 3.

and im not a hater of the latest 3 movies..its just that we are not watching them though childs eyes any more..but no as adult they dont seem as good..but hey as a kid i was blown away by the chess set(3d game table) on the falcon.im still waiting for oen of those babd boys to be made
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    intodeep wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Empire is the worst of the original 3 and quite possibly the worst overall. Flame away...
    hmm the force is weak in this one

:) just kidding your allowed your opinion. I do disagree though. It is my favorite.

I sense the dark side in him :problem:

DUM DUM DA DUM DA DA DA DA DA DA DUM!

I was so cut that Annikan was such a liitle whiney bitch in the prequels. Ewen McGregor did such a good job of Obi Wan only to have such a lame actor opposite him.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Austicman wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Empire is the worst of the original 3 and quite possibly the worst overall. Flame away...
    hmm the force is weak in this one

:) just kidding your allowed your opinion. I do disagree though. It is my favorite.

I sense the dark side in him :problem:

DUM DUM DA DUM DA DA DA DA DA DA DUM!

I was so cut that Annikan was such a liitle whiney bitch in the prequels. Ewen McGregor did such a good job of Obi Wan only to have such a lame actor opposite him.

lmao!!! always my exact words when describing anakin. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say