If Ten Club LLC offered, would you buy stock?

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited April 2010 in The Porch
If Ten Club offered members the opportunity to buy stock, would you? Personally, I would like the novelty of owning a piece of the band, not really expecting any return on investment, but pretty cool to own.
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Depends. What would the poster for the IPO look like?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • no
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    probably
    I buy everything else, so why not?

but imagine the demands of the members if they actually owned something the band was part of
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    I sure would. Continue to build my portfolio with some rocking Pearl Jam CO. stock!
    Ah yeah! 8-)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    invest in a company that cant keep a site from crashing :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    probably
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    If it was stock in just the 10 club, then no since the ten club's only source of revenue is the membership fees and the goods section of the website. Now if it were stock in the company that is the band Pearl Jam then maybe, since their revenue would also include everything the band makes money on. The 10club is really just the promotional arm of that company, which is an area where I think typically you have to spend money, so that the band as a whole can make money.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    If it was stock in just the 10 club, then no since the ten club's only source of revenue is the membership fees and the goods section of the website. Now if it were stock in the company that is the band Pearl Jam then maybe, since their revenue would also include everything the band makes money on. The 10club is really just the promotional arm of that company, which is an area where I think typically you have to spend money, so that the band as a whole can make money.

As far as I can tell, Ten Club LLC is the band.

Governing Persons
    Title Name Address
    Member CAMERON , MATTHEW
    Member AMENT , JEFFREY
    Member GOSSARD , STONE
    Member MC CREADY , MICHAEL
    Member VEDDER , EDWARD
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • PrlJmr10PrlJmr10 Posts: 130
    I have been a stock holder since 1995 - shows, music, merch...etc. My return comes in the form of priceless music and peace in the soul :)
    PEARL JAM - It's what's for breakfast

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
    --Anonymous

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. -Patrick Henry, revolutionary (1736-1799)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    could you possibly imagine the level of pissing and moaning if the stocks went down...

fuck me there would be a revolt, and demands that they played every night to make profit....

although people would openly embrace the more accessible new album due to the increased audience it would reach and more profit......

but yeah I'd buy a little chunk....
  • If Ten Club LLC were a publicly traded company I'd go long their bonds on tenors not exceeding 2025. I mean, how long do you think this business is viable? At the same time I'd hedge my bet using credit default swaps. I'm guessing the credit spread would be somewhere around 500 basis points these days.
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    Gremmie would the CDS spread not depend on the debt to equity ratio :):)
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Gremmie would the CDS spread not depend on the debt to equity ratio :):)
    Not necessarily. The CDS spread in real market terms has more to do with the likelyhood of the counterparty going belly up. This could be the counterparties other than traditional corporations. In theory you could trade CDS on ANYTHING so long as you're able to find a trader willing to take the other side. In the case of Ten Club LLC, a 500 basis point credit spread means (and this is in fantasy land where Colonel Sanders is ruler supreme over America AND fried chicken) the Ten Club wouldn't be as risky as AIG or say Ford 5 years ago, but closer to an A-/BBB+ credit.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Gremmie would the CDS spread not depend on the debt to equity ratio :):)
    Not necessarily. The CDS spread in real market terms has more to do with the likelyhood of the counterparty going belly up. This could be the counterparties other than traditional corporations. In theory you could trade CDS on ANYTHING so long as you're able to find a trader willing to take the other side. In the case of Ten Club LLC, a 500 basis point credit spread means (and this is in fantasy land where Colonel Sanders is ruler supreme over America AND fried chicken) the Ten Club wouldn't be as risky as AIG or say Ford 5 years ago, but closer to an A-/BBB+ credit.
    Yes but would I be able to CDO the CDS in the current market to arbitrage and diversify my risk... I would think AIG would be willing to step in to cover the super senior tranche... and with S&P's fee income down at almost zero, I am sure I could get them to decrease the correlation...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Gremmie would the CDS spread not depend on the debt to equity ratio :):)
    Yes but would I be able to CDO the CDS in the current market to diversify my risk... I would think AIG would be willing to step in to cover the super senior tranche...
    CDO desks are dead in the water. They're all sitting in Maiden Lane LLC I, II, and III or have been written-down on banks' balance sheets (you may see write-ups in the next 24 months). In fact, the phrase "Structure Finance" has been taken out of the dictionary.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    CDO desks are dead in the water. They're all sitting in Maiden Lane LLC I, II, and III or have been written-down on banks' balance sheets (you may see write-ups in the next 24 months). In fact, the phrase "Structure Finance" has been taken out of the dictionary.
    I know those deals...
    Oh I'm sorry, this isn't 2007?
    How about a TRS contract based on the number of shows in the south? I'm willing to receive...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    I'd love to see PJ do this and then come on here and see people still saying they haven't sold out.
  • AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 140
    I'm not familiar with Washington law (assuming that Ten Club LLC is a organized under Washington law), but I believe an LLC can not be a public traded corporation. Ten Club LLC would need to dissolve, and then reorganize under articles of incorporation. I seriously doubt they would want to do that, not only for all the legal aspects that corporations have to comply with, but there significant tax implications. Taxes have to be paid on the corporate earnings, the dividends paid, and payroll taxes for everyone that receives a salary.
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    I know those deals...
    Oh I'm sorry, this isn't 2007?
    How about a TRS contract based on the number of shows in the south? I'm willing to receive...

Alright all I need to do is find and extra 10c for MSG 2 and we can discuss further before and after the show.

I used to broker CDS back in the hey day!

Look forward to meeting you guys at the preparty?
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • AmyMoore wrote:
    I'm not familiar with Washington law (assuming that Ten Club LLC is a organized under Washington law), but I believe an LLC can not be a public traded corporation. Ten Club LLC would need to dissolve, and then reorganize under articles of incorporation. I seriously doubt they would want to do that, not only for all the legal aspects that corporations have to comply with, but there significant tax implications. Taxes have to be paid on the corporate earnings, the dividends paid, and payroll taxes for everyone that receives a salary.
    This is correct. LLCs are not allowed to issue stock. So in this fantasy land example, they would have to dissolve and reorganize as a proper corporation, and go through the IPO process which might require Venture Capital funding to get off the ground, but more likely wouldn't (since the band is already a proven money making machine). Anyway, I'm still buying protection on Ten Club with mutual puts every 5 years per the confirm.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I'd buy stock in PJ. Logic says they'll eventually become a brand name as much as a band name. Think after they're dead and gone and their families are opening the live vault. Philly boots alone will split stock. That's not counting Birdman Sessions, Ed's lost uke album, band bio movie, tshirts, dvd's, snuggies, thongs, body jewelry, etcetcetcetc
  • DewieCox wrote:
    I'd buy stock in PJ. Logic says they'll eventually become a brand name as much as a band name. Think after they're dead and gone and their families are opening the live vault. Philly boots alone will split stock. That's not counting Birdman Sessions, Ed's lost uke album, band bio movie, tshirts, dvd's, snuggies, thongs, body jewelry, etcetcetcetc
    Hahahahaahahaha! My outlook is that the merchandising doesn't take off. Verdict is still out; we'll see if gremmie.net special situations fund has any legs in a few years. Offering Memorandum to follow shortly. 5 year lock up period with quarterly redemptions.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,460
    Pearl Jam the band - YES.

Ten Club - No. From what I've seen so far, compared to what else I could invest my hard earned money in...I'll take the "other" option.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.