MSG All Access Pass?

2»

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I to used to doubt cj and think he thought to highly of himself. BUT, I've traded pms with him and I got to say he is a cool dude. He answers all questions and returns pms. He even was about to send a pm to someone who was asking how to propose to his gf on stage. I can see how people can be turned off by him but I will say once u sort of get to know him through his posts and pms, he's genuinely a good guy. This coming from someone who butted heads with him. And guys, cj can defend himself without u guys attacking IHUC.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    My ears were burning while on vacation! Just got back and catching up now...
    on2legs wrote:
    CJMST3K speaks the truth.
    Except on 4/1. :D

Here's my question since you clearly love letting us know that you used to work at the Garden and get backstage. If it was your job working there...backstage...why do you feel the need to let us know in your sig that you were backstage at the MSG shows?
    Good question. I didn't put that much thought into it, frankly. I also listed in my sig when I asked Ed if I could play drums too. I forgot to add being at the Halloween show too... I play it fast and loose. :)

Would you prefer I edit my sig? Seems from this post, and other posts you've made in other threads that my sig bothers you so much that you mention it so frequently.

Wasn't it just part of your job? And from what I gathered by this particular post, it sounds like you didn't have enough level of access to even meet them. Did you even meet them every time you said you were backstage?

If you consider spending 12 hours of a 16 hour day helping to manage and control that space "just part of your job", then you are correct. Not sure what you're getting at.

"Enough level of access" is a convoluted term. If you are asking if I had enough access to just walk backstage, walk thru the corridor of dressing rooms and just walk into their dressing room and talk to them, then yes I had "enough level of access". Actually, I still have the key to that dressing room. If you'd like, I'd go into much more detail to answer you, but you might call me out for "bragging". ...so I'll not elaborate.

However, though I had "enough level of access" to interact with the band, I chose not to as I was not there to socialize with the band. That's the band's living space, and I treat it as such. I don't know the band. The band doesn't know me. So there's no reason for me to have interacted with them, unless they had needs that were among my responsibilities when I worked there.

JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I'd rather read about his experiences as opposed to reading your bitter remarks.
    metsfan wrote:
    man some people sure love to bitch bout anything.

Thanks and agreed.

ponner1us wrote:
    I don't see it as bragging at all. I look at it like "hey, I worked here so I know the inside info, and the inside info is ________________." Like if someone posted a question about heart surgery, and someone piped up and said "hey, I'm a cardiac surgeon, this is how it goes down."

That's my intention. I hope people don't accuse me of bragging that I've worked in picture framing for 22 years, or have played drum for almost 25 years too. I talk on those threads too.

polaris_x wrote:
    i give the hoff much respect because anytime anyone has a question about whatever - he answers ... even those annoying i've never gotten 10 c tix - how does it work threads ... he answers everyone the same way ...

Thanks. :) I actually just like helping people when I know info on the three subjects I have a lot of experience with.

badbrains wrote:
    I to used to doubt cj and think he thought to highly of himself. BUT, I've traded pms with him and I got to say he is a cool dude. He answers all questions and returns pms.

BB is a good dude. We've had differences, but we get each-other now. :)

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
    The inner workings of a bad poster-trader's mind. Not sure why he follows me around so much after screwing me out of a poster I paid him for...

100 Pacer wrote:
    CJMST3K is just annoyed the band didn't invite him to play ping-pong with them backstage,... ;)

...and we have a winner! I rock on pong! Unfortunately, the old-school video pong. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CJMST3K wrote:
    ...and we have a winner! I rock on pong! Unfortunately, the old-school video pong. :D

man stop being so smug! ;)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    norm wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

man stop being so smug! ;)

funny-dog-pictures-smug-dog-feels-superior.jpg
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10