MSG All Access Pass?

ISpokeInClassTodayISpokeInClassToday Posts: 32
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Did I find something that is too good to be true? Does PJ have All Access Passes? I have a chance for 2 for MSG through Craigslist. This includes seats in Section 2 Row A, supposedly. Any thoughts on the subject? I've never used Craigslist. Any ways of proving them to be real? Thanks for any help.
October 31st, 2009 - Philly, PA
May 18th, 2010 - Newark, NJ
May 21st, 2010 - MSG, NYC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    Did I find something that is too good to be true? Does PJ have All Access Passes? I have a chance for 2 for MSG through Craigslist. This includes seats in Section 2 Row A, supposedly. Any thoughts on the subject? I've never used Craigslist. Any ways of proving them to be real? Thanks for any help.
    Sounds too good to be true....

How much are they going for??? Just curious....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    wonder-woman.jpg

borrow her belt and ask
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

I used to help manage the backstage at MSG. Of course pj has their own all access passes. But those are only given to their tour staff,family, etc. Stage hands,electricians, etc get working passes which are stickers you tape to your shirt and have limited access. Even MSG security themselves are not allowed everywhere.

I know MSG does have "all access" tours of the venue which do actually take you just down the hall from the backstage corridor but they stop tours when the band enters the venue.

Feel free to buy the craigslist item but be prepared to be disappointed. And there is nothing to do backstage at an MSG pj show anyway. I know first hand.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,904
    CJMST3K is just annoyed the band didn't invite him to play ping-pong with them backstage,...

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • wonder-woman.jpg

borrow her belt and ask

Oh yeah!!!
  • I'm just looking at the seats that go with it. This is where I feel its too good to be true. $500 for 2 seats in Section 2 Row A. Whether this is the 1st row or a row after the numbered seats, I am not sure yet. I am the most skeptical guy around. I will not give any cash before I know they are legit. I just don't want to waste my time looking if they are no good. I'll update when I find out more details. Thanks for the help guys (and girls)!!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    CJMST3K speaks the truth.

A friend of a friend worked part time security at MSG and is a big Pearl Jam fan. In 2003 we hung out with him before the show - he had tickets and was not working that night. He wanted to see if he could say hello to Ed before the show.

Long story short... he used his work ID to get access to Pearl Jam's backstage area and was about 10 feet from Eddie when he got questioned by Pearl Jam's own security. They ended up calling his supervisor and he got canned the next day.

We ran into him in the train station in 2008 after one of the Garden shows and he was still talking about how he missed that job and wished he hadn't been so stupid.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Someone posted today on craigslist:
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tix/1686078809.html

Lesson to be applied :)
    Severed Hand
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Good luck hunting your money down if it does turn out to be fake.

You could take that gamble, but realize there's a chance you're gonna get scammed.
  • KillTakerKillTaker Posts: 140

Answer: That "pass" does not come from the PJ camp. Buy at your own risk.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    URthekey wrote:
    Good luck hunting your money down if it does turn out to be fake.

You could take that gamble, but realize there's a chance you're gonna get scammed.
    I'd say a 'great chance' you're gonna get scammed.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Can't imagine wanting that. Wouldn't you feel like a fifth wheel wandering around back there? It just seems like a big cross of boundaries even if you had a legitimate pass.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Anyone who has access to an all-access pass hopefully has the sense not to try and sell it to a stranger. Selling backstage passes is very frowned-upon....a total secuity risk because you never know the buyer's intentions.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    CJMST3K wrote:

I used to help manage the backstage at MSG. Of course pj has their own all access passes. But those are only given to their tour staff,family, etc. Stage hands,electricians, etc get working passes which are stickers you tape to your shirt and have limited access. Even MSG security themselves are not allowed everywhere.

I know MSG does have "all access" tours of the venue which do actually take you just down the hall from the backstage corridor but they stop tours when the band enters the venue.

Feel free to buy the craigslist item but be prepared to be disappointed. And there is nothing to do backstage at an MSG pj show anyway. I know first hand.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    on2legs wrote:
    CJMST3K speaks the truth.

A friend of a friend worked part time security at MSG and is a big Pearl Jam fan. In 2003 we hung out with him before the show - he had tickets and was not working that night. He wanted to see if he could say hello to Ed before the show.

Long story short... he used his work ID to get access to Pearl Jam's backstage area and was about 10 feet from Eddie when he got questioned by Pearl Jam's own security. They ended up calling his supervisor and he got canned the next day.

We ran into him in the train station in 2008 after one of the Garden shows and he was still talking about how he missed that job and wished he hadn't been so stupid.

Was it really necessary for Pearl Jam's security to be such dicks about it? The guy was just a fan. It's not like he showed up with a knife and a bunch of items for Eddie to autograph.
    CJMST3K wrote:

Here's my question since you clearly love letting us know that you used to work at the Garden and get backstage. If it was your job working there...backstage...why do you feel the need to let us know in your sig that you were backstage at the MSG shows? Wasn't it just part of your job? And from what I gathered by this particular post, it sounds like you didn't have enough level of access to even meet them. Did you even meet them every time you said you were backstage?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    CJMST3K wrote:

Here's my question since you clearly love letting us know that you used to work at the Garden and get backstage. If it was your job working there...backstage...why do you feel the need to let us know in your sig that you were backstage at the MSG shows? Wasn't it just part of your job? And from what I gathered by this particular post, it sounds like you didn't have enough level of access to even meet them. Did you even meet them every time you said you were backstage?
    jealous much?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    jealous much?

Not even a little bit. I have met various band members over the years and don't feel the need to gloat about it.
    metsfan wrote:
    jealous much?

Not even a little bit. I have met various band members over the years and don't feel the need to gloat about it.
    he's never once gloated bout it. wow so he used to work backstage at msg, big deal. it seems like you have a problem with info he provides us fans who wanna know bout msg and the inner workings of it. the OP simply asked if the all access pass was to good to be true and cj provided him with info bout it. whats so bad bout that.

metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    jealous much?

he's never once gloated bout it. wow so he used to work backstage at msg, big deal. it seems like you have a problem with info he provides us fans who wanna know bout msg and the inner workings of it. the OP simply asked if the all access pass was to good to be true and cj provided him with info bout it. whats so bad bout that.

The info he provided was great. I can't deny that and I actually do apologize for doubting him, especially when the tour was in jeopardy. I wasn't very polite. But between the signature and many many threads talking about working there, it's clear he wants everyone to know he worked at MSG. But hey, whatever gets you off.

The info he provided was great. I can't deny that and I actually do apologize for doubting him, especially when the tour was in jeopardy. I wasn't very polite. But between the signature and many many threads talking about working there, it's clear he wants everyone to know he worked at MSG. But hey, whatever gets you off.
    he's the only one of "us"(board members) who knows the inner workings of the msg. so i'd like to think he's gonna chime in everytime someone mentions msg. yea like i really get off on info bout a worn down arena that shoulda been redone years ago :roll: .

The info he provided was great. I can't deny that and I actually do apologize for doubting him, especially when the tour was in jeopardy. I wasn't very polite. But between the signature and many many threads talking about working there, it's clear he wants everyone to know he worked at MSG. But hey, whatever gets you off.[/quote]

I'd rather read about his experiences as opposed to reading your bitter remarks.

If he wants everyone to know he worked at MSG, so be it.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I'd rather read about his experiences as opposed to reading your bitter remarks.

If he wants everyone to know he worked at MSG, so be it.[/quote]

And I and others have made it known that there is a hint of smugness. So be it. And a biter remark would indicate that I was in some position of envy. I'm not biter. I just think his sig comes across as bragging, as do some of his posts.

And I and others have made it known that there is a hint of smugness. So be it. And a biter remark would indicate that I was in some position of envy. I'm not biter. I just think his sig comes across as bragging, as do some of his posts.
    it seems like you and others are jealous of him. its a bit sad his sig bothers you that much. man i wish i could let something so little as that bother me. cj is probably one of the coolest and nicest people on here.

man some people sure love to bitch bout anything. how fucking pathetic has this board become.

• I'm pretty sure i would brag too. wtf Why wouldn't you???????
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
    I'm pretty sure i would brag too. wtf Why wouldn't you???????

Because I'm 30 years old and as long as I have lived, dating back to kindergarten, I was told bragging was a douche move. It doesn't even sound like he has actually met the band but thanks to his sig we know he asked to play the drums 12 years ago and we need to add a few thousand to his post count. I guess I don't understand the motivation to post things like that in a signature. Is that supposed to make him a bigger fan? Maybe the Hoff can answer that.

I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, I bet he is very nice. I'm just saying he comes across as smug. Calm down people. Just an opinion. I know a lot of you dislike me for being so blunt and abrasive. I'm blunt, he's smug. Pobodys Nerfect.

And again...let me stress since some of you clearly didn't see this previously....there is no jealousy in my tone or my responses. None whatsoever.
    I'm pretty sure i would brag too. wtf Why wouldn't you???????

Because I'm 30 years old and as long as I have lived, dating back to kindergarten, I was told bragging was a douche move. It doesn't even sound like he has actually met the band but thanks to his sig we know he asked to play the drums 12 years ago and we need to add a few thousand to his post count. I guess I don't understand the motivation to post things like that in a signature. Is that supposed to make him a bigger fan? Maybe the Hoff can answer that.

I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, I bet he is very nice. I'm just saying he comes across as smug. Calm down people. Just an opinion. I know a lot of you dislike me for being so blunt and abrasive. I'm blunt, he's smug. Pobodys Nerfect.

And again...let me stress since some of you clearly didn't see this previously....there is no jealousy in my tone or my responses. None whatsoever.

Well, lets break the rules for a little while:

If you were to brag about something, what would it be?

Spill it!

Boast away!
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    I don't see it as bragging at all. I look at it like "hey, I worked here so I know the inside info, and the inside info is ________________." Like if someone posted a question about heart surgery, and someone piped up and said "hey, I'm a cardiac surgeon, this is how it goes down." Not a good example but you get my point. He's basically providing his work history to add legitimacy to his info. Take it or leave it, but it's not bragging IMHO.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    metsfan wrote:
    he's the only one of "us"(board members) who knows the inner workings of the msg. so i'd like to think he's gonna chime in everytime someone mentions msg. yea like i really get off on info bout a worn down arena that shoulda been redone years ago :roll: .

what do you expect from a board member who hopes you choke? ... :lol:

i give the hoff much respect because anytime anyone has a question about whatever - he answers ... even those annoying i've never gotten 10 c tix - how does it work threads ... he answers everyone the same way ...

anyways - back to the thread ... i would email the person back for more info ... if they are looking for you to wire money to them via western union or something stupid like that ... flag the post ...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,838
    dude
    inspect the tickets and flip them on stubhub for $5400 if they are real :lol::lol:
    then buy yourself a respectable ticket somewhere else

and by the way CJ is right
    backstage at a PJ show is really nothing great-the free beer is nice as is the backstage loo, but
    they always have a very private area that general VIPS do not have access to
    very tough to get access to the band