What does your significant other do that......

AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
1. What does your bf/gf, husband/wife, partner do that makes you feel loved?

2. What do you do that you think shows your significant other they are loved?

3.What are the things you overlook in this person or have forgiven in the name of love?

Doesn't have to be something big, share all the little things too.
"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    1. she humps me
    2. I bought her a shoe tidy
    3. her inability to leave the toilet seat up drives me nuts!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    dunkman wrote:
    1. she humps me
    2. I bought her a shoe tidy
    3. her inability to leave the toilet seat up drives me nuts!

:lol:

For me;

1. He acknowledges my existence/right to be/opinions/he laughs at my jokes which are not usually very funny
    2. I acknowledge his existence/right to be/opinions/I laugh at his jokes which are not usually very funny
    3. He probably moans more than I'd like
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

3.What are the things you overlook in this person or have forgiven in the name of love?

My husband and I have been together for 31 years and what makes us feel loved is that we are both very expressive with our love, verbally and physically. We are tender to each other and say nice things to each other. I guess you would say we are pretty "mushy".
    We listen and are interested and laugh a lot. He rubs my feet, I his back.
    We think ahead as to what would make the other happy. Like we have another old weathered table, he tells me the other day he is planning to make it into another Pearl Jam table for me. He gave me an Eddie one for Mothers Day a few years back, it is one of my favorite possessions. I think that is way thoughtful.
    Of course I cook for him and he thinks I'm a real good cook. I'm so so he is easy to please.
    He drives- I cook, thats the deal. I like that especially on PJ trips- I don't have to cook but he still drives, I did drive to Columbia though.
    One thing a little irksome is he remember things a little different from me or not at all. Like I have this huge pilsner glass- its like 2 feet tall. It says-"Bet You Can't" on it. It was mine from my Mama's house, growing up. He thinks he bought it at a rummage sale. The only way that will get settled is to get one of my sisters down here :) but its not important just a little bothersome. With us getting older now thats gonna get worse for both of us. Ah yes, the test of time and I feel a little dementia coming on.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    oral
    oral
    farting

:mrgreen:
    almost 18 years of marital bliss. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    pandora wrote:

My husband and I have been together for 31 years and what makes us feel loved is that we are both very expressive with our love, verbally and physically. We are tender to each other and say nice things to each other. I guess you would say we are pretty "mushy".
    We think ahead as to what would make the other happy. Like we have another old weathered table, he tells me the other day he is planning to make it into another Pearl Jam table for me. He gave me an Eddie one for Mothers Day a few years back, it is one of my favorite possessions. I think that is way thoughtful.
    Of course I cook for him and he thinks I'm a real good cook. I'm so so he is easy to please.
    He drives- I cook, thats the deal. I like that especially on PJ trips- I don't have to cook but he still drives, I did drive to Columbia though.
    One thing a little irksome is he remember things a little different from me or not at all. Like I have this huge pilsner glass- its like 2 feet tall. It says-"Bet You Can't" on it. It was mine from my Mama's house, growing up. He thinks he bought it at a rummage sale. The only way that will get settled is to get one of my sisters down here :) but its not important just a little bothersome. With us getting older now thats gonna get worse for both of us. Ah yes, the test of time and I feel a little dementia coming on.
    how can someone not love u?? :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Sharpens my knives
    Cleans my guns
    Doesn't rat me out to the authorities
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    pandora wrote:

how can someone not love u?? :)
    :D that is so very sweet Dimitris, thank you, you always make me happy
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    1. He moved here to be with me
    2. That's private :|
    3. He loses, forgets and breaks everything :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    1. the way she smiles at me
    2. i talk to her mom
    3. her lack of appreciation of frying things in lard
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

1. She shows interest and confidence in everything that I pursue, and keeps an amazing home for the both of us. Also, she moved to Utah from Georgia to be with me.

2. I'm always keeping her fresh on my mind, even when were not together...and I show it too.

3. The fact that she can't even appreciate Ronnie James Dio... :|
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    1. Dinners always ready for when I get home from work.
    2. I encourage him and make sure he know's I don't think he's a failure (he's been out of work for 10 months).
    3. Farting when he pushes so damn hard he almost shits himself literally.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Thanks everyone! These are fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. Keep them coming please.

Had to lmfao @ the Dio comment....ewwww!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."

Had to lmfao @ the Dio comment....ewwww!

Ah, you're one of those non-appreciators too eh? ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    This is definitely a thread I needed to see today...
    1. Sounds really banal, but he washes the dishes without being asked (most of the time) and I really *hate* cleaning up. He also scratches my incessant back itches that I can't reach. :lol:
    2. I always give him the last piece of brie in the fridge, yes I know that sounds stupid, but I really really love cheese! I also moved from New York City to Pittsburgh ( :? ) for him.
    3. Like someone above said, he breaks, loses and/or forgets everything that doesn't have to do with his own work. :evil:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    dcfaithful wrote:

Say it ain't so ... I've got it so my finace can now distinguish Rainbow-Dio vs Sabbath-Dio vs Dio ... and she was actually mad when she found out Heaven and Hell came through San Fran and we missed them.

That said, she still will not embrace Dokken.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Say it ain't so ... I've got it so my finace can now distinguish Rainbow-Dio vs Sabbath-Dio vs Dio ... and she was actually mad when she found out Heaven and Hell came through San Fran and we missed them.

That said, she still will not embrace Dokken.

I was waiting for you to chime in on that. ;)

You've made great progress, might want to hang on to her...but you've obviously caught on to that hence the fiance thing. But believe me, I will forever press on to her the glory that is RJD. I've told her that if things between Ronnie and his battle with cancer don't go so well, be prepared to spend a week in mourning and listening to Dio records night and day.

and about Dokken...good luck bro, I don't think I'll even embark on that road. Maybe you can persuade her by telling her it could be worse, you could be forcing Stryper down her throat... :?

Forgive me for de-railing the topic. :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Yep dc, never been a big Dio fan. However, I DO like Dokken! Or well...did
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    oral
    oral
    farting

:mrgreen:
    almost 18 years of marital bliss. ;)

:clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have nothing to add to this thread at the moment.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Jukee wrote:

Know that one well, that and holding my head under the duvet whilst he farts.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Claireack wrote:
    Jukee wrote:

Know that one well, that and holding my head under the duvet whilst he farts.

That's all kinds of wrong! Worst horseplay I ever did to my wife was snap her bare ass with a wet towel way too effectively. It left a welt. I felt terrible. By the way, the term for doing what your husband did was giving you a dutch oven. Learned that from the new Chipmunks movie. :o :oops:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    pandora wrote:

that is very sweet, God bless your marriage
    Thank you PureandEasy for the God Bless, very kind of you :)
    Been married for a year and together 3.5...still have never heard him fart. I just took it for granted, but now I'm starting to think maybe that's another way he shows he loves me :lol:

• mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710

1- puts up with me
    2- put up with him
    3- a-I finally quit caring that he uses the refrigerator as a night light
    b-I finally quit caring that the toothpaste is the ONLY thing he closes right
    c-I block out his CONSTANT backseat driving and put the passenger seat in full recline when he drives.

btw #3 is a recipe for a lasting marriage
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    Been married for a year and together 3.5...still have never heard him fart. I just took it for granted, but now I'm starting to think maybe that's another way he shows he loves me :lol:

Possibly they are silent but deadly ones?
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    1. Cleans my room when i'm working on a big term project :D
    (and various other times when I'm too busy to clean it)

2. Make him dinner when he gets off the late late shift at work... its still dinner at 1am right?

3.We're both dramatic.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Claireack wrote:

Possibly they are silent but deadly ones?
    never smelled one either! This must be love! :P

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063

That's just weird as you two should be more comfortable with each other at this point...I don't think I let one rip till about the 4th month, and then the floodgates opened....so you guys hold it in around each other all day and night? fuck that, life's too short ;) ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    I'm kind of hoping we never get that comfortable :P. Actually I don't think I've ever heard my brother fart either. Or my dad. Maybe we're all anally retentive! :lol:

I'm kind of hoping we never get that comfortable :P. Actually I don't think I've ever heard my brother fart either. Or my dad. Maybe we're all anally retentive! :lol:

Do corks go missing for no apparent reason in your house?