potential Boston show Stage Guests?

lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I'm thinking this is finally the year Steven Tyler and Joe Perry get onstage with PJ at their Boston show.

Mike had Ace Frehley (Kiss) at the MSG show in 2008.

... and Aerosmith is a major musical influence for most of Pearl Jam.

Anyone think I'm right...? or wrong?

and if so, what song would they do ?

(I'd guess SWEET EMOTION or NO MORE NO MORE..with Ed and Steven trading versus)

Anyone have any other Boston area artists who have potential to join PJ onstage for a song?

(The obvious re-appearance of Red Sox GM Theo Epstein notwithstanding)
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    An Aerosmith cameo might be cool. Outside of them I can only think of Dropkick's. Normally I wouldn't say they would collaborate, but the Dropkick's came onstage with Bruce last time I saw him in Boston, so I guess anythings possible.

Either way the Boston show will be amazing because its the first time they have played the city since Howard Zinn's passing. If it ends up being just one show that will just increase the intensity and possibility for something special that much more!

Can't wait!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,460
    no guests. sorry.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    Peter Wolf shows up when anyone plays, so he's a better bet than the Toxic Twins.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Marky Mark

they'll do Good Vibrations!!!
  • that would be fuckin sick if dropkick opened for pearl jam one day, id love to see that, dropkick is very good band and make a greato pening act if opening for pearl jam. and its not impossible right rancid and bad religion have opened for pj before, why not dropkicks or nofx????
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I'm still thinking Mikey and Jeff's love of Aerosmith will tip the hand on guests...

Peter Wolf is just too R&B for Pearl Jam..

how about Aaron Lewis from Stained?

they are a massachusetts band!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i really don't think aerosmith was much of an influence at all for the members of pj. maybe mike when he was into that stuff, but that's it .. not to mention i think aerosmith sucks. steven tyler was so bad during the seventh inning stretch for the sox/yanks game i almost puked.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • jervin007 wrote:
    Either way the Boston show will be amazing because its the first time they have played the city since Howard Zinn's passing.

How exactly will the death of Howard Zinn make this show amazing?

I prefer my Pearl Jam shows to be guest free. Well, except for when Mike Ness and Jonny 2 Bags played with them. That was nice. Other than that, can't see why so many people want guests with Pearl Jam. Like all those Philly 4 rumors...soooo glad none of them showed up.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • I think uncle Neil will be in the northeast during this time...
    bump for more predictions?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    i really don't think aerosmith was much of an influence at all for the members of pj. maybe mike when he was into that stuff, but that's it .. not to mention i think aerosmith sucks. steven tyler was so bad during the seventh inning stretch for the sox/yanks game i almost puked.

you're dead wrong. Not a big Aerosmith fan either but you know Mike loved them and It sounds like Stone did.

I didn't think Tyler sounded too bad at the game either
  • DewieCox wrote:

you're dead wrong. Not a big Aerosmith fan either but you know Mike loved them and It sounds like Stone did.

you've got to be kidding me, I'm from boston and i have seen aerocrap many times and they are horrible. Yes indeed, they have some sort of influence over the band, as hundreds of other musicians have had, but to suggest they come on stage with our beloved band??? Why? and why now? PJ has played boston many times as we all know, and this is the first time I have heard aerocrap being mentioned . . . aren't they broken up or Tyler in rehab again . . . didn't he try out for led zeppelin and jimmy page laughed him out of the studio . . . whatever, I cringed when I heard him at fenway the other day, i'm was the one yelling "you suck steven, i remember you clowns back in sunapee, New Hampshire, you sucked then and you suck now. :D and before anyone gets offended, objectively speaking they had a few great albums, toys being my fav . . .
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
    JV130312 wrote:
    no guests. sorry.
    Well, if JV130312 says it, it must be true. ;)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    you've got to be kidding me, I'm from boston and i have seen aerocrap many times and they are horrible. Yes indeed, they have some sort of influence over the band, as hundreds of other musicians have had, but to suggest they come on stage with our beloved band??? Why? and why now? PJ has played boston many times as we all know, and this is the first time I have heard aerocrap being mentioned
    Tell us what you really think ;)
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
    DewieCox wrote:

you've got to be kidding me, I'm from boston and i have seen aerocrap many times and they are horrible. Yes indeed, they have some sort of influence over the band, as hundreds of other musicians have had, but to suggest they come on stage with our beloved band??? Why? and why now? PJ has played boston many times as we all know, and this is the first time I have heard aerocrap being mentioned . . . aren't they broken up or Tyler in rehab again . . . didn't he try out for led zeppelin and jimmy page laughed him out of the studio . . . whatever, I cringed when I heard him at fenway the other day, i'm was the one yelling "you suck steven, i remember you clowns back in sunapee, New Hampshire, you sucked then and you suck now. :D and before anyone gets offended, objectively speaking they had a few great albums, toys being my fav . . .
    This is an honest question, and I'm not trying to be a smart-ass here, but why would you see a band which you refer to as Aerocrap 'many times' live? Those tickets aren't usually cheap..
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    yeah that seems odd to continue to go to shows of a shit band

i've never seen them ... all it took was a friend to tell me how they suck and they talk about breaking curfew and then go 2 minutes over

wait... that 2nd part sounds familiar? ;)
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Aerosmith is far from crap.

Sorry if you only saw concerts post Permanent Vacation. Everything before that was gold.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Back when Metallica had the MTV Icon Episode in 2003....Aerosmith was slated to either perform or give a speech just as Metallica did for them. Aerosmith pulled out because they wanted to be paid. I wouldn't hold my breath on an Aerosmith appearance. I don't know if they even live in that area anymore and based on recent friction, I doubt Joe and Steven are hanging out when they are offstage.

As usual, I'm sure that every artists with an off night will be rumored to be playing with Pearl Jam. If Neil or Bruce are within 1500 miles someone here will make up a rumor that they will make an appearance.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Crazy Breed on drums!!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,904
    Consider the fact that it was the band (but more so Ed) that purposely started and hyped the Bon Jovi/Billy Joel etc. rumors for the recent Philly shows simply to propagate the "special guest" bullshit hype.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Consider the fact that it was the band (but more so Ed) that purposely started and hyped the Bon Jovi/Billy Joel etc. rumors for the recent Philly shows simply to propagate the "special guest" bullshit hype.

Are you serious about that or joking? I know you know someone in the PJ camp and I don't doubt the validity of what you say. If it is in fact true, he is an ass.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Why would they start rumors like that? If so, it definitely backfired - he seemed SLIGHTLY annoyed/off when he said it was just them for the night. Personally I was thrilled to hear that!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,904
    drsluggo wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Why would they start rumors like that? If so, it definitely backfired - he seemed SLIGHTLY annoyed/off when he said it was just them for the night. Personally I was thrilled to hear that!

the venue's front-office staff repeatedly asked the band whether they were planning on inviting any "special guests" to perform with them on stage for the final show....guests that had a previous connection with the venue. given Ed's sense of humor he found the question to be both humorous and ironic since the band was booked as the final artist to play the venue, and so he took it upon himself to have a little fun with it,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,840
    I dont know why people keep asking this question-special guests detract from the performance most of the time
    whenever there is a special guest, you get less pearl jam IMHO
    now when Ed is a special guest, that is a different story
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Wasn't Aerosmith side stage in Mansfield back in 2000?

I would assume Theo will be there, but that is about it.
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Wasn't Aerosmith side stage in Mansfield back in 2000?

I would assume Theo will be there, but that is about it.

If I remember correctly...I think you are right.

The Sox are playing the Yankees in NYC that night. I wonder if Theo will be NYC with the team or at the TD Garden with PJ?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    100 Pacer wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

the venue's front-office staff repeatedly asked the band whether they were planning on inviting any "special guests" to perform with them on stage for the final show....guests that had a previous connection with the venue. given Ed's sense of humor he found the question to be both humorous and ironic since the band was booked as the final artist to play the venue, and so he took it upon himself to have a little fun with it,...

where'd you hear this?
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
    damn... another thread hi-jacked!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    I'm hoping it's Joshua Sacco! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d9_U1rpQyg
  • drsluggo wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

You and me both. When I pay to see Pearl Jam, I wanna see Pearl Jam play with....Pearl Jam.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!