Say what you say...

MASMAS Posts: 630
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Stack PJ's first 9 studio albums against ANYBODY else's at all....Nobody comes even close....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    MAS wrote:
    Stack PJ's first 9 studio albums against ANYBODY else's at all....Nobody comes even close....

Wait there are other people that make music besides pearl jam?!?!
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    RiotZact wrote:
    MAS wrote:

:D I dont think so...are there??
    MAS wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    MAS wrote:

:D I dont think so...are there??

Idk your the one that mentioned other people, "ANYBODY else's"...... I'm so confused :lol:
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    There are so many bands with incredible collections of albums. Not to sound too crazy here but PJ are not the greatest band ever. They stand up there with alot of other bands who have equally shaped and driven their respective genres. They are my favourite band but thats not to say I think they have some greater power than other artists and bands I enjoy.
    philthehip wrote:
    There are so many bands with incredible collections of albums. Not to sound too crazy here but PJ are not the greatest band ever. They stand up there with alot of other bands who have equally shaped and driven their respective genres. They are my favourite band but thats not to say I think they have some greater power than other artists and bands I enjoy.

But no other bands have fans as freakish and stalkish as us so PJ wins! :D
    RiotZact wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Oh I see what you mean :lol: Pearl Jam win :D
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    RiotZact wrote:

Sadly you wouldn't know that hanging around here. Actually you would know about the Who and a few other bands the members of Pearl Jam like but other than that, there are a decent amount of people here who act as though PJ is the only music in the universe.

And there are plenty of other bands who's first 9 albums destroy Pearl Jam. Maybe the first 3 or 4 but 9? Binaural...Riot Act...Avocado....really dude?
    RiotZact wrote:

Sadly you wouldn't know that hanging around here. Actually you would know about the Who and a few other bands the members of Pearl Jam like but other than that, there are a decent amount of people here who act as though PJ is the only music in the universe.

And there are plenty of other bands who's first 9 albums destroy Pearl Jam. Maybe the first 3 or 4 but 9? Binaural...Riot Act...Avocado....really dude?

Yeah really, dude you need to calm down and learn to laugh every once and a while, quit taking stuff so literaraly, all you do on here is make smart alic remarks and put people down, and yeah, the songs I've listened to in the past few months would consist of pearl jam songs, eddie vedder songs, chloe dancer/crown of thorns, and hunger strike. So what? Why is that sad? I've tried listening to other stuff and I just don't like it, my bad for my brain forcing me to like pearl jam, what a dick I am.
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah really, dude you need to calm down and learn to laugh every once and a while, quit taking stuff so literaraly, all you do on here is make smart alic remarks and put people down, and yeah, the songs I've listened to in the past few months would consist of pearl jam songs, eddie vedder songs, chloe dancer/crown of thorns, and hunger strike. So what? Why is that sad? I've tried listening to other stuff and I just don't like it, my bad for my brain forcing me to like pearl jam, what a dick I am.

My response was NOT directed at you personally. I'm sorry it came across that way. I meant there are other people here who have basically admitted all they ever listen to is PJ and that is just sad. Not you. Sorry man.
    My response was NOT directed at you personally. I'm sorry it came across that way. I meant there are other people here who have basically admitted all they ever listen to is PJ and that is just sad. Not you. Sorry man.

But that is all I listen to, I admit it, am I different from these others you speak of?
    RiotZact wrote:

But that is all I listen to, I admit it, am I different from these others you speak of?

Hahaha. Well then, I guess you aren't different than them. It's none of my business what you listen to but how many songs have Pearl Jam recorded at this point? 120 or so maybe? There is so much more great music out there. Their music is great but it would do you some good to explore something other than Pearl Jam. But to each his/her own.
    RiotZact wrote:

Hahaha. Well then, I guess you aren't different than them. It's none of my business what you listen to but how many songs have Pearl Jam recorded at this point? 120 or so maybe? There is so much more great music out there. Their music is great but it would do you some good to explore something other than Pearl Jam. But to each his/her own.

Well what I think it is, is that PJ is it's own type of music, you can't say it's sad if someone only listens to classic rock or contry, because those types of music are their own unique style, but nothing compares to pearl jam, you can't say they sound like anybody else, you can say that ac/dc is simalar to black sabbith but not that pj is like any other grunge/alternitive band, the only reason their classified as that is just because that was the type of rock that was popular at the time, they had to call it something
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    RiotZact wrote:

Oh trust me they do. Go read some other band boards. PJ fans are pretty sane comparatively.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    JaneNY wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Oh trust me they do. Go read some other band boards. PJ fans are pretty sane comparatively.

Haha yes I know, we're all awesome, not freakish, but what I mean is dedicated and loving of the band, sure maybe some greatfull dead fans might have been to more shows and waste their life on the band, but I bet we can name more PJ songs than they can GD songs, and they don't actually love the band and what they do for them but they just like the music, but I guess thats more PJ than it is us, we wouldn't be so greatfull if they didn't give us so much to be greatfull for
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I think PJ is very derivitive. And that's not a bad thing. Real bands are products of their influences. What great band isn't?

I'll take Zeps studio work over PJ's all day
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    RiotZact wrote:

Well what I think it is, is that PJ is it's own type of music, you can't say it's sad if someone only listens to classic rock or contry, because those types of music are their own unique style, but nothing compares to pearl jam, you can't say they sound like anybody else, you can say that ac/dc is simalar to black sabbith but not that pj is like any other grunge/alternitive band, the only reason their classified as that is just because that was the type of rock that was popular at the time, they had to call it something
    Actually, I think it kind of is sad when someone pigeon holes themselves to only one style... But that's just me.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    RiotZact wrote:

Actually, I think it kind of is sad when someone pigeon holes themselves to only one style... But that's just me.

Yeah I hear you, but I think it's just that people can only like what their brain lets them like, music, food, whatever, I used to yell at people for likeing rap or country but it's just that they can't help it, it's just like love at times, a male/female may be so cool and fun to be with but their ugly and you just can't get past it, it's not your fault, you wish you could love them but you just can't, or vice versa, the person is beautiful but their just so annoying or stinky or something that you just CAN'T love them no matter how hard you try. Or like food, all I eat is junk food and meat, I wish I liked fruits and veggies but I just don't
    RiotZact wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah I hear you, but I think it's just that people can only like what their brain lets them like, music, food, whatever, I used to yell at people for likeing rap or country but it's just that they can't help it, it's just like love at times, a male/female may be so cool and fun to be with but their ugly and you just can't get past it, it's not your fault, you wish you could love them but you just can't, or vice versa, the person is beautiful but their just so annoying or stinky or something that you just CAN'T love them no matter how hard you try. Or like food, all I eat is junk food and meat, I wish I liked fruits and veggies but I just don't

So to play off your analogies...do you actually dislike all other music? Zeppelin...the Stones...The Who...Radiohead...EVERYTHING other than PJ?
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    REM has a better studio career
    RiotZact wrote:

So to play off your analogies...do you actually dislike all other music? Zeppelin...the Stones...The Who...Radiohead...EVERYTHING other than PJ?

Not exactly "dislike", but I'd prefer any PJ song over any of their songs about 99% of the time, and like you said before they have like 120 or so songs so theres enough to go around, or at least thats enough for me, and shut up you know those analogies were amazing :lol:
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    I want my money back for all the Live cd's I bought in the ninties but then I again I think I got them via columbia house
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850

>
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    MAS wrote:

i'm pretty sure the beatles own the title of best record catalogue
    radiohead is cose too (they're at 7, but you can bet their 8th and 9th will be just as phenomenal as the rest)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    u2 perhaps
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    62 s/t
    63 frewheelin
    64 another side
    64 the times they are a-changin
    65 bringing it all back home
    65 highway 61 revisited
    66 blonde on blonde
    67 john wesley harding
    69 nashville skyline

shazzam!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    philthehip wrote:
    In my case I think they do have a greater power. We bonded back in the early 90's because of where my head was and ever since their music and lyrics speak my feelings and my thoughts. The other albums are just music, music I enjoy but not music that is me.
    pandora wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    In my case I think they do have a greater power. We bonded back in the early 90's because of where my head was and ever since their music and lyrics speak my feelings and my thoughts. The other albums are just music, music I enjoy but not music that is me.

I was meaning more in a general sense and not how we feel about them. I should have made that clear in my post. For me they are everything in music but looking at the bigger picture from a more objective stand point I see them as a cog in the amazing history of music. They are without doubt the most important influence outside of my friends and family but they are not streets ahead musically from alot of other bands I love to listen to, just with PJ its more of a spiritual thing I guess.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    philthehip wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

I was meaning more in a general sense and not how we feel about them. I should have made that clear in my post. For me they are everything in music but looking at the bigger picture from a more objective stand point I see them as a cog in the amazing history of music. They are without doubt the most important influence outside of my friends and family but they are not streets ahead musically from alot of other bands I love to listen to, just with PJ its more of a spiritual thing I guess.
    yes, its that spiritual connection I have found with Pearl Jam that no other band can touch.
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    yes, its that spiritual connection I have found with Pearl Jam that no other band can touch.

See that's what im talkin about... Soooooo many people feel this way...Too many not to recognize it...If you want I'm sure you can ramble off names of bands who have a tremendous list of great studio albums, however,this band's first 9 albums give their fans MANY quality songs that are extremely meaningful and personal to untold thousands...that's my point...
    MAS wrote:

See that's what im talkin about... Soooooo many people feel this way...Too many not to recognize it...If you want I'm sure you can ramble off names of bands who have a tremendous list of great studio albums, however,this band's first 9 albums give their fans MANY quality songs that are extremely meaningful and personal to untold thousands...that's my point...

Then I agree entirely. I was pointing out that I have a love of many other bands but not quite as dedicated as I am to this band. I think its a combination of the music and also this community here too. The people I have met and the friends I have made, some I hope to have for a lifetime. I have not experienced that with any other bands fans.