trying to get a friend into pearl jam?

2»

Comments

• I have a friend that I know would "get" Pearl Jam once he starts listening but I want to send him a really good youtube video. This one is my favorite and I think it does a pretty good job of summing PJ up...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0oIcG75MQ

Although Do you guys have any great videos to recommend to show someone what the band is all about? :D
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    in my tree
    hail hail
    last exit
    corduroy
    fixer
    footsteps
    alive
    betterman
    who you are
    gone
    love boat captain
    whipping
    rearviewmirror
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I'm making a bunch of CD's for the friends I'm bringing to the MSG shows. I gave each 4 CDs so far, gonna give them 6 in total then just let them explore- don't want to give them too too much!

CDs I made: The Basics, Other Most Played, Awesome Live Stuff Vol. 1, Backspacer, Other Studio Favorites, Awesome Live Stuff Vol. 2

Told my friends if anything, try & learn what I put on the basics (stuff like Alive, RVM, Better Man, etc) and Backspacer- that should take them through at least a handful of tracks they'll hear!

A friend of mine who's actually a big PJ fan found this for me to give to my friends: http://www.twofeetthick.com/2006/06/the ... icipation/
    :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i have a better idea .... go get a BLANK DVD and put every single LP ON IT ......now thats a "MEGA MIX"
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    moe.ron wrote:
    all of yield.
    + gazillion
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    samjam wrote:
    I'm making a bunch of CD's for the friends I'm bringing to the MSG shows. I gave each 4 CDs so far, gonna give them 6 in total then just let them explore- don't want to give them too too much!

CDs I made: The Basics, Other Most Played, Awesome Live Stuff Vol. 1, Backspacer, Other Studio Favorites, Awesome Live Stuff Vol. 2

Told my friends if anything, try & learn what I put on the basics (stuff like Alive, RVM, Better Man, etc) and Backspacer- that should take them through at least a handful of tracks they'll hear!

A friend of mine who's actually a big PJ fan found this for me to give to my friends: http://www.twofeetthick.com/2006/06/the ... icipation/
    :D

that link you posted................................ FUCKING PRICELESS ........ forwarding it to my girlfriend and all my friends ...
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    joe2468 wrote:

that link you posted................................ FUCKING PRICELESS ........ forwarding it to my girlfriend and all my friends ...

I sent it to my friends & was like print this out....get a text a few minutes later saying "This is 14 fucking pages long!!" :lol:
    Figure it would be useful to them! Enjoy!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2