Pearl Jam @ New Meadowlands Stadium

2»

Comments

• thats stupid if pearl jam is gonna play a indoor stadium venue in ny, why not play at the carrier dome in syracuse? carrier dome has hosted pink floyd before, rolling stones multi times. it be a better venue, its not as big as the new meadowlands will be . yet it can still hold 50k for concerts, cuse carrier dome would be 10x better than new meadowladns, and the views in carrier dome would be better too for most people , since its not as big
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    JW0422 wrote:
    hey dewie are you a fan or what? you always sound so negative when it comes to the group I don't why you are in the fanclub if you don"t have anything good to say about the band, but I do agree they wouldn't sell out the new giants or whatever stadium especially after doing shows in May, but I would go nonetheless!

You agree with me, so maybe you shouldn't be in the fan club.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,361
    thats stupid if pearl jam is gonna play a indoor stadium venue in ny, why not play at the carrier dome in syracuse? carrier dome has hosted pink floyd before, rolling stones multi times. it be a better venue, its not as big as the new meadowlands will be . yet it can still hold 50k for concerts, cuse carrier dome would be 10x better than new meadowladns, and the views in carrier dome would be better too for most people , since its not as big

The new stadium in New Jersey is not an indoor stadium. And if Pearl Jam wants to play a stadium show in metro New York, they're not going to play an arena show over four hours away upstate.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127761

nope, Letterman....
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the Meadowlands Brass asked Springsteen to play there first,
    he turned them down
    ( guess he's had enough closing out that other place just a few feet away )
    so then they asked Bon Jovi to open it up .
    Pearl Jam would be the ultimate ,
    but I just dont see it happening.
    ( As much as we love them , they might not sell this one out )
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • BF25394 wrote:
    thats stupid if pearl jam is gonna play a indoor stadium venue in ny, why not play at the carrier dome in syracuse? carrier dome has hosted pink floyd before, rolling stones multi times. it be a better venue, its not as big as the new meadowlands will be . yet it can still hold 50k for concerts, cuse carrier dome would be 10x better than new meadowladns, and the views in carrier dome would be better too for most people , since its not as big

The new stadium in New Jersey is not an indoor stadium. And if Pearl Jam wants to play a stadium show in metro New York, they're not going to play an arena show over four hours away upstate.

i think your wrong on that one, im pretty sure the new stadium has a retractable roof. i dont think it open air like the giants stadium right now
  • BF25394 wrote:

maybe your right, i wikipedia it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meadowlands_Stadium

so the new st adium wont ha ve a retractable roof ? i thought the whole reason for new stadium was to have the roof with it, so they could host super bowls if they wanted to, or final 4's in the future. even heard on espn before it was gonna be like the stadium in glendale az, but no retractable roof now?

pj wont ever play therei f you ask me 80k is too many people, they better off play yankee stadium or citi field where the mets play, they dont hold as many more like 40-50k is more reasonable
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    BF25394 wrote:

maybe your right, i wikipedia it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meadowlands_Stadium

so the new st adium wont ha ve a retractable roof ? i thought the whole reason for new stadium was to have the roof with it, so they could host super bowls if they wanted to, or final 4's in the future. even heard on espn before it was gonna be like the stadium in glendale az, but no retractable roof now?

pj wont ever play therei f you ask me 80k is too many people, they better off play yankee stadium or citi field where the mets play, they dont hold as many more like 40-50k is more reasonable

they are trying for the super bowl in 2012 i think. i don't know why they didn't try for a retractable roof. I mean other than the price.
    I miss igotid88
  • My source at the Bada Bing says they will play the IZOD later this year.

(Seriously, though a long-time acquaintance in NJSEA Operations told me this last week.)

IMHO, no freakin way will PJ play a big stadium in the US - at least until their "Steel Walkers" tour!

(Fenway always possible someday as it is not big).
    igotid88 wrote:

they are trying for the super bowl in 2012 i think. i don't know why they didn't try for a retractable roof. I mean other than the price.

Earliest would be 2014. 2012 and 2013 are already scheduled for Indianapolis and New Orleans, respectively.
  • Bon Jovi has already been announced as first band to play the new stadium. Those dates are May 26, 27 and 29.
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I don't think the band even likes to play stadiums, but that's just me.
    The whole Oz/NZ '09 tour was in stadiums.

Having had that experience, I greatly prefer seeing them inside in an arena.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    NYCslacker wrote:
    Bon Jovi has already been announced as first band to play the new stadium. Those dates are May 26, 27 and 29.

Bon Jovi can sell out 3 dates at a 60k+ venue?!?! Do you New Yahkaz blame this on Jersey or are both state guilty of this sad fact :lol:
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    They need to play in the ROCK. Great new arena.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    I'd rather see them at the Stone Pony.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DD53267 wrote:
    I agree 10/22 would be awesome, but doubt that would be possible. There is a Notre Dame vs. Army football game on 10/23, so that would be a pretty intense turn-around. If it were leading into a Sunday game, that would be one thing, but having to have the stage and everything cleared out for a game that starts at noon. No way...

Isn't this the game they are playing at the new Yankee Stadium?
    Lunkinz wrote:
    I'd rather see them at the Stone Pony.

Free show at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade! (Having been there for the Green Day debacle in 1994, I know it couldn't be a bigger mess than that.)