Yankees/Red Sox Opening Day

2»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    aNiMaL wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I think it is really incredibly stupid to have the Yanks and Sox open the season with a spotlight on them. Fuck them and their payrolls. There are 28 other more interesting teams out there who start the next day, on the real opening day of MLB. Today is the fake opening day. Hell, The M's have one last pre-season game today.

And what's up with the Yanks and Sox getting a day off in the middle of their 3-game opening series? It's getting dumber and dumber.

most teams get a day off in between the first and second games of the season in the event of rain, which obviously won't happen tonight.
    Really? I don't ever recall that before, nor does it make any sense at all to me. What other teams have a day off in the middle of a series this year?

EDIT: I see the opening Texas series and the opening KC series has that day off after the first game. Still makes no sense to me at all. Why is that one day so crucial? Is there historically more rain after a teams first game? I just cannot grasp the logic there.

I thought the teams that play the Sunday night opening game always have the next day off when the rest of the league plays, no?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    1 hr 35 minutes left

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBLE
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I think it is really incredibly stupid to have the Yanks and Sox open the season with a spotlight on them. Fuck them and their payrolls. There are 28 other more interesting teams out there who start the next day, on the real opening day of MLB. Today is the fake opening day. Hell, The M's have one last pre-season game today.

And what's up with the Yanks and Sox getting a day off in the middle of their 3-game opening series? It's getting dumber and dumber.

It's because of a little thing called TV Ratings my friend. More interesting to who? you?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I thought the teams that play the Sunday night opening game always have the next day off when the rest of the league plays, no?
    That may be so, but then look at the Blue Jays opening the season in Texas on Monday, they they have Tuesday off, and resume the series on Wednesday and Thursday. And Detroit opens in KC on a Monday, and the same thing, they have Tuesday off, and resume the series on Wednesday and Thursday.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

It's because of a little thing called TV Ratings my friend. More interesting to who? you?
    Good point.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Good point.

Good luck this year. I am really interested to see how the Mariners do. I will be rooting for them to take the Angels down.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    PLAY BALL! :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    For the love of god, I forgot how much I fucking cannot stand Joe Morgan.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    jimed14 wrote:
    For the love of god, I forgot how much I fucking cannot stand Joe Morgan.

Is he high? He just asked what the name of the right field foul poll was after John Miller said it about 5x
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    5 to 1 baby, 1 in 5..... How fitting is the score so far.. Go yanks!!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Man the Yanks are showing how loaded they are so far this year. I picked them to win the division, this should happen baring injuries.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Let me remind you ... the Red Sox won the first 8 games between them and the Yanks last year ... how did that turn out?

This is one of one hundred and sixty two games.

1 .......... of 162.

That said, I love how Cano and Jeter are doing for my fantasy team. :twisted:

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    g under p wrote:
    Man the Yanks are showing how loaded they are so far this year. I picked them to win the division, this should happen baring injuries.

Peace

only the 5th....5-2
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    jimed14 wrote:
    Let me remind you ... the Red Sox won the first 8 games between them and the Yanks last year ... how did that turn out?

1 .......... of 162.

Oh I know, I also picked the Sox to beat the Yanks to go to the WS too. I'd rather see the Sox start slow and build to a powerhouse as the season winds down. It's all good the Red Sox WILL be there in the end.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Uh oh Yankee fans! YOUUUUUUUUK!
    g under p wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

1 .......... of 162.

Oh I know, I also picked the Sox to beat the Yanks to go to the WS too. I'd rather see the Sox start slow and build to a powerhouse as the season winds down. It's all good the Red Sox WILL be there in the end.

Peace

Yes it's long season and the Sox can hang right with them.

Peace

stickfig13 wrote:
    Uh oh Yankee fans! YOUUUUUUUUK!

In the words of one of my good friends and bloggers

Then there’s Kevin Youkilis. Youk has only three body parts, all hideously oversized: an enormous set of gnomish, bushy forearms; a massive, casaba melon–size white head; and a cauldronlike belly. He has a truly awesome bristle of thick red chin hair that makes his face look like a cross between a vagina and something out of The Hobbit.

>8

Whereas a guy like Teixeira was born with a swing so gorgeous you want to paint it, Youkilis fighting a middle reliever to a nine-pitch walk looks like a rhinoceros trying to fuck a washing machine.

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    :lol:

Sloppy game, a tough one to lose. Still, there's two more in this series!
    Yanks just gave that game away
    I hope Burnett has his stuff Tonight.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Me too, it would suck to start 0-2, but it's better to work out the kinks now than midway through the season.
    I hope Burnett has his stuff Tonight.

I hope we see Burnett and Posada yelling at each other in the dugout. :twisted: