Yankees/Red Sox Opening Day

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
As much as I hate that the yankees and sox playing this early, I am pumped for opening day. Tired of this basketball shit on tv.

I'm gonna say the Yankees take 2/3 in Boston.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Basketball does nothing for me now.
    Looking forward to the start of baseball.
    My fantasy draft is Saturday afternoon. Can't wait.
    I see the Sox taking 2 out of 3 from the Yanks.
    I really think the Rays are going to be a force this year. So much pitching.
    Very tight race.
  • Go Yanks!
    EV Solo NY 8/4,5/08
    MSG 6/24,25/08
    Gorge 7/22,23/06
    NJ 6/1/06
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Borgata 10/1/05
    MSG 7/8,9/03
    Uniondale,NY 4/30/03
    Boston 8/30/00
    Jones Beach,NY 8/23,24,25/00
    W.Palm Beach 8/9/00
    MSG 9/10,11/98
    Randalls Island,NY 9/29/96
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Can't wait, it's gonna be awesome bantering with you punks all season. Much love, but much hate.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Nobody in Yankee-land or Red Sox Nation has anything to add about Sunday night's rumble?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Nobody in Yankee-land or Red Sox Nation has anything to add about Sunday night's rumble?

nothing left to prove

yankees better

nyc better

pj shows better

whats left? :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

nothing left to prove

yankees better

nyc better

pj shows better

think you got 'em all :)

nothing left to prove

yankees better

nyc better

pj shows better

Hey neilybabes86, you really are a funny guy!
    goodfellas.jpg

nothing left to prove

yankees better

nyc better

pj shows better

Hey neilybabes86, you really are a funny guy!
    goodfellas.jpg

this pr *&^ wanted me to christian his kid :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Yankees will take 2/3.. And Arod is gonna kill it because it's been quiet in Arod-land. I think maybe he's going to be able to focus a little more this year.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Can't Fucking Wait! That's about it.

I heard there is some type of ceremony in the Bronx on April 13th? I think it has something to do with a shiny piece of jewelry. Anyone care to remind me?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    nelly is a closet Philly fan :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I heard there is some type of ceremony in the Bronx on April 13th? I think it has something to do with a shiny piece of jewelry. Anyone care to remind me?

i heard they were postponing that until april 17th for my first trip out of the season 8-)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i heard they were postponing that until april 17th for my first trip out of the season 8-)

Now that would be just fucking fantastic since I will be there that day as well.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Now that would be just fucking fantastic since I will be there that day as well.

nice! got 6 of my friends going. hoping for a sunny saturday afternoon in the bronx. will be up in section 428.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

nice! got 6 of my friends going. hoping for a sunny saturday afternoon in the bronx. will be up in section 428.

Should be a good time, definitely hoping for a nice day, April games are always hit or miss. We are taking my old man for his 60th. Will be his first time in the new digs. I think we are right nearby in 426
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I hope the game is quick. It's gonna cut into "The Pacific".

Anyone care to Put A friendly wager on this series? I'm still saying the Yankees will take 2/3.
  • I hope the game is quick. It's gonna cut into "The Pacific".

Anyone care to Put A friendly wager on this series? I'm still saying the Yankees will take 2/3.

don't you have tivo, or dvr?? that's what i'm doing. watch the game then watch pacific.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
    I hope the game is quick. It's gonna cut into "The Pacific".

A quick Yankees-Red Sox game, I have never heard of such a thing.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The day has come. It's should be a good one tonight world series champions v the red sox
    Can't wait. There'll be a whole lotta Yankee bashing at the Easter dinner table today!

Seriously though, congrats on winning the whole thing last year. You guys were clearly the best team.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

nothing left to prove

yankees better

nyc better

pj shows better

Neil got it all except it's Yankees-UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!
    heave ho -2 in a row :mrgreen:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Been listening to amongst the waves multiple times today. Love that song even more since fox ended the world series coverage with it :)

Very excited about tonight it is opening day it is like christmas!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I think it is really incredibly stupid to have the Yanks and Sox open the season with a spotlight on them. Fuck them and their payrolls. There are 28 other more interesting teams out there who start the next day, on the real opening day of MLB. Today is the fake opening day. Hell, The M's have one last pre-season game today.

And what's up with the Yanks and Sox getting a day off in the middle of their 3-game opening series? It's getting dumber and dumber.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    I think it is really incredibly stupid to have the Yanks and Sox open the season with a spotlight on them. Fuck them and their payrolls. There are 28 other more interesting teams out there who start the next day, on the real opening day of MLB. Today is the fake opening day. Hell, The M's have one last pre-season game today.

And what's up with the Yanks and Sox getting a day off in the middle of their 3-game opening series? It's getting dumber and dumber.

most teams get a day off in between the first and second games of the season in the event of rain, which obviously won't happen tonight.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    aNiMaL wrote:

even mr. lee wont get you cats more spotlight :mrgreen:
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    SOX!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Say is Pedro still pitching in the league.

GO SOX
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

aNiMaL wrote:

even mr. lee wont get you cats more spotlight :mrgreen:
    It's not more spotlight that I am looking for...That's not what I dream about, more spotlight.
    aNiMaL wrote:

most teams get a day off in between the first and second games of the season in the event of rain, which obviously won't happen tonight.
    Really? I don't ever recall that before, nor does it make any sense at all to me. What other teams have a day off in the middle of a series this year?

EDIT: I see the opening Texas series and the opening KC series has that day off after the first game. Still makes no sense to me at all. Why is that one day so crucial? Is there historically more rain after a teams first game? I just cannot grasp the logic there.