***ECHOES: Pearl Jam's new interviews (new)

2»

Comments

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    abistro wrote:
    "We have analyzed our travel and become more efficient with flights and playing less dates,”

I dont think Gossard likes touring :(
    You might have a point. I remember that Danish interview early this year (or was it late last year?) where he was talking about how they chose those locations where they could make the most money.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Pegasus wrote:
    people only traveled 26 mi on average to see them? that cant be accurate.... its got to be signifigantly more considering they have the most traveled fan base i can think of
    I'm WAY pushing up that average :oops:

including what's planned so far this year, I've clocked very roughly 80,000 miles since 2006 :shock: (and I didn't even do any Oz/NZ show!)

yeah, I don't know they came up with that but that's bullshit.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    First of all I am in full support of Pearl Jam's efforts. Is this why they tour the north east so much? Nothing grows up there. :lol: But on a serious note. If you only tour one general area of the country that means more people will have the drive and fly to those areas.And I would think that create more Carbon. But that is just my 2 cents.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    The band can never win. It seems they make it harder on themselves with the issues they tackle. But that is why we LOVE them so much. I dont see how 26 miles is anywhere near the avg. In the past 09 and 10 tour I have to go from Phoenix to LA and now from Phoenix to KC & St. Louis. That's like 26 times 100. Touring less also helps out the scalpers and sub ticket agencies they despise so much. Lets just put ourselves in their shoes and think everything you do everyday is magnified and contradicted. Hey boys do what you want because you only get one go around on this planet but remember, No need to be void... or save up on life .... you got to spend it all.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • ooooh burn. nice pic. look jammers, it ain't easy makin' EVERYONE happy, any more than it is to do the right thing; but pj DOES. Or at least try to... make no mistake, they are more well informed than folks think- because they CARE more than most folks.

In a me first, gimmie-gimmie world it’s refreshing to see someone with great power take great responsibility (Spiderman)... if nothing else they're neutralizing carbon footprints of their own -and the fans- while pressing a lean on ignorance and utter greed in this country: white, pussy businessman puffin on a big, brown dick (George Carlin).

Sick world… inform yourself, protect yourself. Keep eating your pearljam- I mean, broccoli.
    I'm going to Lukin's... someday
  • edvwhymeedvwhyme Posts: 8
    If everyone did what PJ have done ( put there money where there carbon was) then this fuckin earth wouldnt be up shit creek. Thank god For PEARL JAM.