10C, can we please have a status update on...

Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
edited April 2010 in The Porch
...the 2009 Christmas Single and the downloadable content for those of us who purchased the Ten Club edition of Backspacer?

An update regarding May 18, 2010 would be very much appreciated as well. Thanks! 8-)
"I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    the downloadable content for those of us who purchased the Ten Club edition of Backspacer?

An update regarding May 18, 2010 would be very much appreciated as well. Thanks! 8-)

I'd love an update on these 2 at least.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Bump (hoping to catch Kat's eye)... ;)

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Bump (hoping to catch Kat's eye)... ;)

I don't think they will answer this because one of us asked. I think if they had the answers, or were allowed to post them, they would.

That's my guess, anyway.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    ...the 2009 Christmas Single and the downloadable content for those of us who purchased the Ten Club edition of Backspacer?

I love your avatar.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    and Philly Boots!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    :lol:

I wish!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Will this be only the second year ever that PJ didn't put out a Christmas single?

I doubt it. i am sure it will come.
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Let's not forget about the Vs. Reissue....
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    I would also love an update on the 4 Philly mp3/flac/CD show's of 2009. :|
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i would like the 10c to update us on the bands views on the on going conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq...
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    Of all the things we need updates on I would be most interested in knowing about the Vs. re-release.

(It's my second favorite PJ album and I've never owned a legal copy of it :oops: )
  • san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    when will the 20th anniversary show be? :P
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    san pedro wrote:
    when will the 20th anniversary show be? :P

on the 20th anniversary day 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • update on BIG BOLD AND FREE maybe???
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,843
    First, nothing is going to happen with the Ten Club editions of the Backspacer CD. Who really needs two more bootlegs to add to the hundred you already have? The CD was like $11. You don't need anything special. My lunch was $8 today for a coke, sandwich and fries. The CD is basically free as it is when you compare the enjoyment you get from the CD and a coke, sandwich and fries.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    First, nothing is going to happen with the Ten Club editions of the Backspacer CD. Who really needs two more bootlegs to add to the hundred you already have? The CD was like $11. You don't need anything special. My lunch was $8 today for a coke, sandwich and fries. The CD is basically free as it is when you compare the enjoyment you get from the CD and a coke, sandwich and fries.

Thanks for telling us how we should feel about something we were promised.

Thanks for telling us how we should feel about something we were promised.

+1
    When they promise you something that you paid for, then you can complain. Pj fans are hilarious. They bitch when the band has a song on a tv show and has no ideals anymore, yet they whine that the didn't get a free bootleg or that they have to wait for bootlegs. What ideals does that show you all care about when your biggest problem is bootlegs. You are the whiny spoiled self entitled brats that you so hated back in the day. Whine on.
    There is other music out there to listen to.
  • Why do people just post in threads when they have nothing to say on the topic but would rather preach to others? If you wanna preach start a new thread and do it there. There's no need to shit on someone else's thread.

Anyway I would really like some news on the holiday single. It's nearly Easter and we don't even have any news. Seems like we will have to rethink calling it the "Easter Single." Oh yeah and that big, bold, free thing they hinted is dead in the water or so I hear.
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    lukin321 wrote:
    I think the other reissues are off the cards for the time being.

The guy, his name escapes me, who was integral in getting the Ten reissue together got laid off from Sony as a result of the GFC. Without him, the project isn't going anywhere (or so I've heard).
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    When they promise you something that you paid for, then you can complain. Pj fans are hilarious. They bitch when the band has a song on a tv show and has no ideals anymore, yet they whine that the didn't get a free bootleg or that they have to wait for bootlegs. What ideals does that show you all care about when your biggest problem is bootlegs. You are the whiny spoiled self entitled brats that you so hated back in the day. Whine on.

Baa baa black sheep...
    sheep1copy.jpg
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984

I don't know if I'd call it "self entitled" when there was a level of expectation that the bootlegs were included in the price of the CD. If you bought Backspacer from a store, you got to download two shows. For the people who bought it via the 10C, they were told that something would be worked out for them so they could also download the shows. So far, that hasn't happened. Asking why that hasn't happened isn't being a "whiny self entitled brat" - it's called being a consumer who wants to know why the item they were promised hasn't materialized yet. Essentially, people who bought Backspacer through 10C have been penalized for doing so - the $20 they paid to join the club has resulted in them receiving LESS than someone who bought the CD at Target.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    cajunkiwi wrote:

I don't know if I'd call it "self entitled" when there was a level of expectation that the bootlegs were included in the price of the CD. If you bought Backspacer from a store, you got to download two shows. For the people who bought it via the 10C, they were told that something would be worked out for them so they could also download the shows. So far, that hasn't happened. Asking why that hasn't happened isn't being a "whiny self entitled brat" - it's called being a consumer who wants to know why the item they were promised hasn't materialized yet. Essentially, people who bought Backspacer through 10C have been penalized for doing so - the $20 they paid to join the club has resulted in them receiving LESS than someone who bought the CD at Target.

Plus the Target CD was cheaper than 10c. And no, I can't say I paid extra $ to get the "special hard bound packaging"
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Spencer wrote:
    lukin321 wrote:

The guy, his name escapes me, who was integral in getting the Ten reissue together got laid off from Sony as a result of the GFC. Without him, the project isn't going anywhere (or so I've heard).

Oh that's wonderful. An announcement would have been nice.
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • Looks like we have a lot of unanswered questions. :(

• WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 459
    Now that the bootlegs thread is gone...Philly boots update please.
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Can I have an update on my 2007 and 2009 Christmas single and Deep while you're at it?

Thanks.
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065

They said there would be extra content available. So they should come thru with something. That's all.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
    Spencer wrote:
    lukin321 wrote:

Can anybody else confirm this?

Also, isn't there suppose to be an EP released this year?