A Month Without Pearl Jam. Can it be done?

2»

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Isaac wrote:
    Funny thing, I usually have a hard time listening to PJ *after* the show... the splendor of the show makes any recording fall flat, at least for a day or two.

Same here. I like to savor and remember the sounds of the concert as opposed to any boots, albums, or cover bands.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Haha. It's hard. My wife loves PJ too and she Said that I've been over doing it. Who else am j supposed to listen to? Good charlotte??

I probably average 4 plus hrs of PJ music a day. The rest is talk radio

listen to more Howard!!
  • Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519

+1 :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,409
    I don't listen to regular radio and my music pretty much lives through my iphone. At work, I usually listen to Howard or my play list. I picked up an album from the black keys (which I love), RHCP greatest hits and I also have a plethora of music to choose from.. I don't watch Deadliest Catch and If I hear it on another show, I will change the channel ASAP. It def will be a challenge.
    I'm also going to cut out Set List hunting. This could be my last pearl jam show for a long time.

You never know! Pearl Jam might be on Howard Stern Show. Or maybe there's another fan @ work and he's blasting the PJ like no tomorrow. You might get called in by your boss & the radio is playing some Pearl Jam in the backgroung.

IT CAN'T BE DONE! :twisted: :P
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I personally wouldn't be able to- it would be like torture! Gotta get my PJ fill every day!

I have a friend who is attending the Columbus show who's planning on not listening to Pearl Jam for a week before the show- he says that it will be more exciting when he finally does hear his first PJ song in a week, live in front of him! (Good luck to him with this endeavor :) )
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I've still not figured out why any sane PJ fan would actualy want to. PJ are the bread and butter and I only occasionaly have soup! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611

Sounds alot like my schedule! Except Im assuming you're a Stern fan. BORING! O&A is where its at...
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    You'll also have to avoid the pre party. Damn hard. Dont kill yourself bro! :mrgreen:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Almost a week so far so good. It's been tough not clicking on links
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    Listen to some Black Keys!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    10C Rocks wrote:
    Listen to some Black Keys!
    I picked up attack and release two weeks ago. I love it