5/18 TBD....

Comments

• JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    the garden has dibs. we all know that..if for some reason they cant host, common sense says it will be at mansfield or something.. next would be albany or nyc and the more I think of it, nyc would make most sense.. no knicks playoffs they have to worry about....
  • Maybe Mullins? Can't believe Hartford is closer to me then Mullins and XL is out of state.

http://www.mullinscenter.com/arena_even ... 010-May-01
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 698
    I agree that Boston is the preference but with the Celtics and maybe the Bruins making the playoffs then it could be impossible.

I honestly wouldn't rule out some other unusual locations like Worcester, MA, Providence, RI or less likely Manchester, NH (I think this venue is a tad small). The DREAM however would be a show at the Orpheum in Boston!!!!

That won't happen though.
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,361
    Why would there be a second Boston show when the first Boston show is not yet sold out? (And, as of ten minutes ago, it was not sold out.)

Incidentally, if shows are not selling out in markets where there is usually major demand, isn't that a piece of evidence that ticket prices may, in fact, be too high?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 698
    I believe the only tickets remaining are balcony behind the stage and the direct side stage. I don't believe they ever sell out those unless it's a really small venue. They didn't in Chicago, I don't believe and I don't think they did in 2006 in boston when they had two shows.
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I would be surprised if a few unsold seats impacted the decision to have a second show. Anything is possible but I would be surprised.

Also, truth be told, I'm not sure I would pay full price plus Ticketmaster fees to sit rear stage. This is where I think price does become a factor. If prices were tiered and rear stage was a little cheaper, maybe. As it stands though I'm not so sure.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    JimmyV wrote:
    I'm not sure I would pay full price plus Ticketmaster fees to sit rear stage. This is where I think price does become a factor. If prices were tiered and rear stage was a little cheaper, maybe. As it stands though I'm not so sure.

post of the week!

I agree 100%!

in this economy . nose bleed full 2010 price PJ tickets are not an option..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • they are just waiting to see what happens with the Celtics and Bruins....but remember...there are ROAD GAMES!! they don't play in the Garden every night!! and the Bruins won't have home ice against anyone...they suck this year!...this is the first time in my life i have been rooting for them to lose!...i'd rather have a 2nd PJ show than see them just get eliminated in the 2nd or 3rd round!
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Still hoping for a small fan club only show at a theater....
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • overstandoverstand Posts: 54
    The NBA season has not yet ended and the Celtics are going to be in the playoffs. The band is waiting for the playoff schedule to see of the Garden is going to be available on the 18th of May. If it is not then I suppose Albany could be in the cards.

...must credit Erik for this info...
    overstand wrote:
    The NBA season has not yet ended and the Celtics are going to be in the playoffs. The band is waiting for the playoff schedule to see of the Garden is going to be available on the 18th of May. If it is not then I suppose Albany could be in the cards.

This does not make sense. The availability of the arena may not be known until as late as two days prior to the potential show date. The first round of the NBA playoffs could end as late as Sunday, May 2. (Last year, the Celtics' first-round series began Saturday, April 18 and ended Saturday, May 2. This year, it would begin Saturday, April 17 or Sunday, April 18.) The second round could end as late as Sunday, May 16. (Last year, the Celtics' second-round series began Monday, May 4 and ended Sunday, May 17.)

So, as late as May 16, it still may be undetermined whether the arena will be available. (And this is without factoring in the Bruins, who would be in a similar situation-- a first-round series that may end as late as Wednesday, April 28 and a second-round series that may end as late as Thursday, May 13.)
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Still hoping for a small fan club only show at a theater....

one can hope :D
  • BF25394 wrote:
    overstand wrote:

This does not make sense. The availability of the arena may not be known until as late as two days prior to the potential show date. The first round of the NBA playoffs could end as late as Sunday, May 2. (Last year, the Celtics' first-round series began Saturday, April 18 and ended Saturday, May 2. This year, it would begin Saturday, April 17 or Sunday, April 18.) The second round could end as late as Sunday, May 16. (Last year, the Celtics' second-round series began Monday, May 4 and ended Sunday, May 17.)

So, as late as May 16, it still may be undetermined whether the arena will be available. (And this is without factoring in the Bruins, who would be in a similar situation-- a first-round series that may end as late as Wednesday, April 28 and a second-round series that may end as late as Thursday, May 13.)

it's as easy as giving the teams 2 days off to rest instead of one...no big deal!...it's not rocket science getting around the schedule....if it means more $ for the venue and Pearl jam wants to play...it WILL HAPPEN!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!! i can't wait till they let us know so it can end all this bullshit speculation!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :wtf:
  • mrchibblesmrchibbles Posts: 133
    Pretty sure it's going to be Phoenix, AZ!! Since I am throwing it out there how about Tucson, AZ instead. Here's the deal breaker - The band can stay at my house...I know times are tough so why stay in a hotel. Just an Unthought Known.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    blindmule wrote:
    Uncle Neil
    This isn't on their website...where'd you hear this from?

And Boston 1 is NOT sold out yet. There's likely to be no show at all for 5/18.
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    blindmule wrote:
    Uncle Neil

1st show didn't sell out in '06 either...there were still nose bleeds and behind the stage seats like there is now...so that won't have a bearing on whether there is another show or not....i can't even fathom them only doing one in Boston....it's fucking preposterous!!!
  • FastrichieFastrichie Posts: 917
    The 1st round of the NBA playoffs is like 3 weeks long. They have like 4 days off between games sometimes.
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Jeanwah wrote:
    blindmule wrote:
    Uncle Neil

1st show didn't sell out in '06 either...there were still nose bleeds and behind the stage seats like there is now...so that won't have a bearing on whether there is another show or not....i can't even fathom them only doing one in Boston....it's fucking preposterous!!!
    Sorry Erik, but this must be said...WAH!!!!
    I just can't feel sorry for Boston people for "only getting 1 show". :roll:
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    Sorry Erik, but this must be said...WAH!!!!
    I just can't feel sorry for Boston people for "only getting 1 show". :roll:

:mrgreen::mrgreen: :P :P :P :P :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Fastrichie wrote:
    The 1st round of the NBA playoffs is like 3 weeks long. They have like 4 days off between games sometimes.

that's what i've been saying!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    BF25394 wrote:
    overstand wrote:

it's as easy as giving the teams 2 days off to rest instead of one...no big deal!...it's not rocket science getting around the schedule....if it means more $ for the venue and Pearl jam wants to play...it WILL HAPPEN!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!! i can't wait till they let us know so it can end all this bullshit speculation!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :wtf:

It still doesn't make sense. First of all, what if the Celtics and Bruins both are in line for home dates that week? Second of all, ESPN and TNT have a much greater say in this than the venue or the band. By the way, if your proposal were correct, there would be nothing preventing the venue from announcing right now that there will be a show May 18. If there turned out to be a conflict later, they could then schedule around it, as you suggest. But that's not what they've done. They've announced nothing.
    Fastrichie wrote:

Not quite. The longest series spanned 15 days last year, either from one Saturday to two Saturdays later or from one Sunday to two Sundays later. It's dictated by TV.
  • BF25394 wrote:

It still doesn't make sense. First of all, what if the Celtics and Bruins both are in line for home dates that week? Second of all, ESPN and TNT have a much greater say in this than the venue or the band. By the way, if your proposal were correct, there would be nothing preventing the venue from announcing right now that there will be a show May 18. If there turned out to be a conflict later, they could then schedule around it, as you suggest. But that's not what they've done. They've announced nothing.

there is indeed a lot of uncertainty...I'm just saying it could still be very possible....and not all dooms day, "it's all over man"...as some seem to think it is...like i said...if we get no "official" word in the next 2 weeks then we will know it's a dead issue.
    BF25394 wrote:

there is indeed a lot of uncertainty...I'm just saying it could still be very possible....and not all dooms day, "it's all over man"...as some seem to think it is...like i said...if we get no "official" word in the next 2 weeks then we will know it's a dead issue.

I'm not saying it's a dead issue. I'm just saying that, if there is indeed still a possibility there's going to be a show in Boston on the 18th, then the reason it hasn't been announced yet likely has nothing to do with the schedules of the Celtics or Bruins.
  • If they add another show in New York that is so fucking weak. Go play somewhere else. Enough with New York and enough with Pennsylvania!
  • If they add another show in New York that is so fucking weak. Go play somewhere else. Enough with New York!

NYC is the shit!...but MSG shows ain't all that....definitely over hyped....i know, i know "03 was epic"....but i went to all 4 Philly shows and night 3 was .........ok, no words can describe how amazing that night was...and i think the '08 Mansfield crowd was just as live as MSG '08, if not more so.

I'd love to see them go to Maine or NH!
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582

What are you doing, sounding so... reasonable!! :lol::lol:
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • JimmyV wrote:
    TBD will be in Boston for sure. They never just play one show in Boston.

Until I have firm reason to believe otherwise, this is what I am running with.

Exactly. Cant everyone just calm down and wait? this announcement would affect me as i live a half hour from Boston so i know its hard but...holy shit there is no need to be hostile. were all here because we love Pearl Jam so lets just calm the fuck down please
  • ELI10ELI10 Posts: 31
    blindmule wrote:
    Pearl Jam will not be in Albany on May 18 -
    A good friend of theirs however will be at the Palace Theatre that evening.
    You were right on. the most expensive show ever at the palace 99.50 and 150 for a ticket. yikes
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    If they add another show in New York that is so fucking weak. Go play somewhere else. Enough with New York!

NYC is the shit!...but MSG shows ain't all that....definitely over hyped....i know, i know "03 was epic"....but i went to all 4 Philly shows and night 3 was .........ok, no words can describe how amazing that night was...and i think the '08 Mansfield crowd was just as live as MSG '08, if not more so.

I'd love to see them go to Maine or NH!

Mansfield 08 shows were way better than MSG 08 shows.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam