5/18 TBD....

nm262635nm262635 Posts: 19
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Rumor is Times Union Center, Albany, New York
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• no they're gonna fly back to WA and play the gorge. True Story
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Wasn't that rumor "squashed" a couple of weeks ago?
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • ELI10ELI10 Posts: 31
    Ev did say at the Palace theater show they would be back in town soon as he looked to the side of the stage and smiled
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    Its not gonna happen.

May 18th is Boston or nothing...

If they were going to play Albany, look at the tour schedule and tell me why in the world it would not be May 12th instead of May 18th? It would make MUCH more sense.

I wish it were true since I live here, but it aint happening.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    It was hinted in a PM reply from 10C that Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun was the original TBD location / date...

The 10C person gave a hint by saying that "If I were a gambling man, I would not BET on a second Boston show"...

A plan that seemed to have fallen through...

So considering that Connecticut (Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun) was the orginal TBD, I would suggest that Boston does not have a LOCK on anything..

much as I would like it to be//
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    I think they should come to New York and play for free on top of the Letterman marquee for an hour, that would be awesome !!

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I just checked TM and Boston 1 isn't even sold out yet.

I bet if they played Albany that'd be a SO fer sure.
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    how bout a night at jones beach?? or something silly like radio city??

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• that shit ain't no rumor....it's wishful thinking of Albany people.
    that shit ain't no rumor....it's wishful thinking of Albany people.

Agree
  • If they were going to play Albany, look at the tour schedule and tell me why in the world it would not be May 12th instead of May 18th? It would make MUCH more sense.

13-May Bristow, VA - How far from Albany NY is this???
    10-May Buffalo, New York - Buffalo NY is a 5 hour drive from Albany NY

Boston MA however is only a 2.75 hour drive to Albany NY
    "No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all"

Um...yes Buffalo is 5 hours from Albany and they'd have two days to get there
  • 10-May Buffalo, New York - Buffalo NY is a 5 hour drive from Albany NY

um...yes but then they'd have less than 24 hours to get to virginia for the show on the 13th
    edited March 2010

um...yes but then they'd have less than 24 hours to get to virginia for the show on the 13th

How much time do you think they need? {sarcasm}

In 2006 they played the Gorge in Washington State on July 23 and played Cincinatti the next day on July 24...just as one example.

Nevermind...this is all moot. The whole point was that if Albany was a destination it would have been scheduled on the 12th. I think your hope and optimism is skewing your objectiveness. Albany ain't happening. Trust me.
    Post edited by mookieblalock on
  • nm262635nm262635 Posts: 19
    Mookie....if it does happen you're buying the first round @ the Brown Derby....deal?
    nm262635 wrote:
    Mookie....if it does happen you're buying the first round @ the Brown Derby....deal?

Deal!!!
  • blindmuleblindmule Posts: 138
    Pearl Jam will not be in Albany on May 18 -
    A good friend of theirs however will be at the Palace Theatre that evening.
    @mule....who's that?
    Uncle Neil
    Don't think that would effect wether or not they play here? Nothing listed on the palace site for upcoming shows
    Of both are Livenation tours it would make sense that they wouldn't want to do 2 big shows in the same small city on the same evening.
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    TBD will be in Boston for sure. They never just play one show in Boston.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • SmileDadSmileDad Posts: 186

WORD

8-)
    "This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128

Until I have firm reason to believe otherwise, this is what I am running with.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • My sources say that they're going to play Mansfield on the 18th and play every song in their catalogue now including B/S because 2003 was such a legendary series of songs at Mansfield, they want to one-up it. They plan on going past midnight, but will take up a $2 collection from everyone to pay for any forthcoming fines from the city.
  • AO JammaAO Jamma Posts: 53
    My sources say that they're going to play Mansfield on the 18th and play every song in their catalogue now including B/S because 2003 was such a legendary series of songs at Mansfield, they want to one-up it. They plan on going past midnight, but will take up a $2 collection from everyone to pay for any forthcoming fines from the city.

I'd pay my $2 to see that
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    How much time do you think they need? {sarcasm}

In 2006 they played the Gorge in Washington State on July 23 and played Cincinatti the next day on July 24...just as one example.

Nevermind...this is all moot. The whole point was that if Albany was a destination it would have been scheduled on the 12th. I think your hope and optimism is skewing your objectiveness. Albany ain't happening. Trust me.

PJ did not play in Cincinnati on 7/24/06, they were there on 6/24/06. It was the day after a show in Pittsburgh, both of which I attended. The 7/24/06 date listed on this site is yet another error in the band's setlist archive. Note that if you click on that date there is no setlist.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    My sources say that they're going to play Mansfield on the 18th and play every song in their catalogue now including B/S because 2003 was such a legendary series of songs at Mansfield, they want to one-up it. They plan on going past midnight, but will take up a $2 collection from everyone to pay for any forthcoming fines from the city.

I'll give $4 if thats the case
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

• How much time do you think they need? {sarcasm}

i hear you, i didn't mean to be too sarcastic, just a little. seriously though, i doubt they are playing in albany too. it is just wishful thinking but the reality is as everyone mentions, is that it's more than likely going to be boston 2 or nothing. my only point was that to me the 12th doesn't make any sense at all.
  • Seriously, I think it will be a New England show but need to work out the logistics with something. I think the Celtics will cut it close, so it very well may not be TD Banknorth.