Joshua Budich "Eddie" poster sale. Date/time??

Comments

• edited March 2010
    just got one on ebay... im gonna have it framed for my best friend for her 33rd bday which falls on the night of msg2... also happens to be her 99th show...

have these actually been sent out to those who bought them? was just wondering when i should expect mine since its going through the actual buyer first and than me... just want enough time to get it framed for her...need some advice on color scheme for the boarder...obviously black frame...

nevermind. i guess you paid 105.00. i have one of the 2 that i bought
    Post edited by LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan on
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    ms259093 wrote:
    just got one on ebay... im gonna have it framed for my best friend for her 33rd bday which falls on the night of msg2... also happens to be her 99th show...

have these actually been sent out to those who bought them? was just wondering when i should expect mine since its going through the actual buyer first and than me... just want enough time to get it framed for her...need some advice on color scheme for the boarder...obviously black frame...

how much did you pay if you dont mind? i have one of mine already

$105 :cry:

how much were they originally? Missed orig onsale...heard it was a clusterfuck anyway, so i prolly wouldnt have gotten one...

but yeah, i just wanted to make sure i get one fast so i can get it framed for her
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • ms259093 wrote:

how much were they originally? Missed orig onsale...heard it was a clusterfuck anyway, so i prolly wouldnt have gotten one...

but yeah, i just wanted to make sure i get one fast so i can get it framed for her

55 plus shipping
    ms259093 wrote:

wow... you either musta been keeping an eye on them on ebay or i bought it frm you...
    ms259093 wrote:

55 plus shipping

ok... now i dont feel that bad... i woulda been pissed if they were originally like $25 or something
  • ms259093 wrote:

wow... you either musta been keeping an eye on them on ebay or i bought it frm you...

nope. i checked on eb! it is only the 2nd one sold so it was easy to figure out
    ms259093 wrote:

nope. i checked on eb! it is only the 2nd one sold so it was easy to figure out

what did the other one go for?
  • 85 i believe! avg price right now of 97.50
    ms259093 wrote:
    85 i believe! avg price right now of 97.50

eh, not that bad...just glad i got one... she's gonna love it
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    Just got thy email from thecolorsblend ...

Thanks for subscribing to our mailing list!

Many of you know teamed up recently with artist Joshua Budich to create "Eddie" -- see the attached image. We couldn't be happier with how it turned out. We think he really nailed it, and you seem to agree. The interest we've had in the poster is pretty overwhelming.

We were hoping to find a fair way to distribute our portion of the prints, and also do some good. Here's what's going to happen. We're going to put everyone's e-mail address in a random picker. If you're chosen, we'll send you an e-mail letting you know you've got the option to buy a print. Your 'purchase' will be a $55 donation to any one of the Pearl Jam supported charities in the "Gave" section of their site (here) http://www.pearljam.com/activism. You then send us back a print-screen or e-mail confirmation of your donation, along with your mailing address, and we send you a print. No strings! Just our attempt at showing support for a band we really appreciate.

Everyone receiving this e-mail is eligible for the drawing. We'll send e-mails out to the winners before midnight on Wednesday.

Thanks again for your interest!

The Colors Blend
    http://www.thecolorsblend.com

:)
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Good luck dude. Hope you score one!

I'm retired from buying posters until May.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • what an amazing gesture on their part. glad i am on the mailing list. this print is amazing in person and the picture doesn't do it justice
    Good luck dude. Hope you score one!

I'm retired from buying posters until May.

I already scored one from Joshua's website. If I get lucky in this draw & win, and Chrisilein doesn't win one midnight tomorrow, then I'm hooking him up with one, if he's still interested. ;)
  • i am not sure how i feel about this draw. i feel like we had a better chance on an actual drop.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    drsluggo wrote:
    Does anyone really think this poster will be as much as a Kenyon Hall? I definitely don't... maybe I'm crazy though!
    These people are delusional... An art print from an unknown

i don't think the hype is justified
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    ms259093 wrote:
    i am not sure how i feel about this draw. i feel like we had a better chance on an actual drop.
    Considering you already have 1 or 2, I think your chances of owning a print are already 100%
  • drsluggo wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:
    i am not sure how i feel about this draw. i feel like we had a better chance on an actual drop.
    Considering you already have 1 or 2, I think your chances of owning a print are already 100%

i was talking in general. their is over 1000 ppl on their mailing list. how long does someone who gets chosen for a print have before responding? to me it just screams fail. yes i have 2 prints but it doesn't mean that i'm not helping other ppl with this print if i land one with this draw
    ms259093 wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:

i was talking in general. their is over 1000 ppl on their mailing list. how long does someone who gets chosen for a print have before responding? to me it just screams fail. yes i have 2 prints but it doesn't mean that i'm not helping other ppl with this print if i land one with this draw

where did u come up with "over 1000?"

you're new to the flippin game huh?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    free shipping????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • where did u come up with "over 1000?"

We thought we'd do something different. This site hasn't been updated in years, but somehow our mailing list hit 1000 people last month. That same mailing list which, ironically, has never resulted in anything being mailed to anyone, will also get you a chance to score a poster by Joshua Budich. Sign up by March 25th and we'll send more details after the 25th.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    drsluggo wrote:
    Does anyone really think this poster will be as much as a Kenyon Hall? I definitely don't... maybe I'm crazy though!

unknown to you? yes. unknown to other collectors? definitely not

Check out these prices for the DMB Budich series :shock:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/sea ... series=783

And no, this will not end up costing more than the AP Kenyon Halls. There are 200 of these and the market will be flooded with flippers.
    free shipping????

Didn't say. Shipping cost from Joshua's website was .. ($10 US, $18 CAN, $25 International)
  • tuktuktuktuk Posts: 84
    I am fairly new to posters and just discovered it on Ebay today. I want some and I need it. Is $120 to $140 a fair price to pay on Ebay and if not can you point we to somewhere to get it cheaper. Thanks.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    tuktuk wrote:
    I am fairly new to posters and just discovered it on Ebay today. I want some and I need it. Is $120 to $140 a fair price to pay on Ebay and if not can you point we to somewhere to get it cheaper. Thanks.

why not wait until the extra 100 are released tomorrow and the prices will drop?
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    I would like to know how they handle the shipping costs!? It's a little bit expensive to ship to Europe! Donating $ 55,- for a good cause is one thing but there is no information regarding the shipping costs? I can't imagine that they will ship for free...

However, i really hope to score one!!
    Good luck to all of you interested in this print!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Go my fingers crossed here in NZ too!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    I know emails went out already, not sure if all of them did (I hope not)
    ms259093 wrote:
    where did u come up with "over 1000?"

We thought we'd do something different. This site hasn't been updated in years, but somehow our mailing list hit 1000 people last month. That same mailing list which, ironically, has never resulted in anything being mailed to anyone, will also get you a chance to score a poster by Joshua Budich. Sign up by March 25th and we'll send more details after the 25th.

and i sit corrected! ;)

but... if it's an old mailing list... i'd guess many of those emails won't work
    adspj wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

unknown to you? yes. unknown to other collectors? definitely not

Check out these prices for the DMB Budich series :shock:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/sea ... series=783

And no, this will not end up costing more than the AP Kenyon Halls. There are 200 of these and the market will be flooded with flippers.

so i looked - http://www.expressobeans.com/public/sea ... =15&page=1

he's been around 2 years... and just because the DMB freaks are treating him like the next Emek or Fairey... doesn't mean it's true ;)

although false hype can go a long way in the poster world
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Has anybody received an email yet?!? :o
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017