2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    _42309982_namaqualand.jpg
    Post edited by Snoopy Died For Our Sins on
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    "Fuck me if I say something you don't wanna hear, fuck me!"

Hang in there guys.. Snoopy, It's gonna be okay, bud. I think a lot of us have been where you and the OP have been.. some of us on multiple occasions.. The bad rough patches in life sometimes seem to go on forever.. Just remember that it DOES get better. Your friends on this board are very real and very much here for you. Sure we all only meet up at the occasional show, but it is more than just the music that we all share. We also share the way that this music has helped pull us through some tough shit.. My mother passed away 10 days after the Philly show last year, and Long Road/Thumbing My Way/Love Boat Captain/Times of Trouble have all helped me through.. I have had reservations about posting anything about my own personal pain on here, but I feel that it is time to just be real with some of you guys.. This community was intended to connect us in order to find joy, comfort, and solace.. Lately it has been filled with selfish negativity. We can make this a good place to meet friends and share our troubles and struggles without all the whiny "I didn't get tickets, The price is too high, etc.
    " bullshit that has seemed to dominate the forums lately... I can only speak for myself, but from the small amount of time that I have been around here, I believe there are plenty of people here willing to listen to and encourage one another.. I know that if anyone needs a friend, I am here for you... :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Well said, bhigh....

It'll get better, Snoopy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    live for your family or your jamily just please choose to live
    life has a way of working out if you choose it
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    pandora wrote:
    live for your family or your jamily just please choose to live
    life has a way of working out if you choose it

Word. steve, snoopy and everyone else out there feeling beat down, please don't be hard on yourself and do take time to care for yourself. What makes you the most happy? If it's Pearl Jam, listen to Pearl Jam every morning before you do anything else. Chocolate? Make sure you eat chocolate with every single meal. Going commando? Um, do that too. Allow yourself some time during the day where you are focused on yourself and not bogged down by worries. Even if it's 30 minutes in a day.

Just know you're not alone.
  • Not on anti depressants...On mood stabilizers 200mg seroquil and 500 depakote in the am..the 500 depakote w/dinner..then 400 seroquil at bedtime...Yes I need to watch my MSG level since metro Detroit is not the healthiest of cities..not many veggie choices..I was fine in Portland from 96-03..Then the wife of ten years decided she wanted to be a String Cheese Incident groupie..LOL...not for me...

p.s. my benny vinyl is on ebay now..I got a bit of the GREEN DISEASE...hhehehe..happy bidding..peace and $$
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    sorry, but if I didn't have 2 kids, I'd blow my fucking head off right now............and, no, I'm not kidding...good night
    yes our kids are the best reason to live, "once you have a child suicide is no longer an option" but one more thought in that is "once you are somebody's child suicide is no longer an option". Meaning suicide is just not an option it hurts those that loved us the most in this life. Finding,embracing love, being strong for that love is the only option. Your kids are very happy you are choosing life, me too :)