No Code is becoming my favorite album, OH NO!!

En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
edited March 2010 in The Porch
So I have really been getting into No Code lately and it may be my favorite album. It is so hard because I can say that and then think about Backspacer or Vitalogy or Yield, or Avocado and those can be my favorites too, haha.

I have really fallen in love with Sometimes, Habit, In My Tree and Present Tense. They are so good. I already loved Hail Hail, Smile, Off he Goes and Lukin.

Hail Hail No Code!!
Formerly Brew Crew Tix
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    best record ever, in my opinion. welcome to the club!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    10C Rocks wrote:
    So I have really been getting into No Code lately and it may be my favorite album. It is so hard because I can say that and then think about Backspacer or Vitalogy or Yield, or Avocado and those can be my favorites too, haha.

I have really fallen in love with Sometimes, Habit, In My Tree and Present Tense. They are so good. I already loved Hail Hail, Smile, Off he Goes and Lukin.

Hail Hail No Code!!

wellcome!what took you so long :D But why OH NO?!? :lol:
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I call it getting older and maturing. Been my fav for a number of years now.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • I'm in the same boat, right now my favorite is No Code.

I would say Lost Dogs is one right now but that is sort of a different breed, but oh how good it is.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    10C Rocks wrote:
    may be my favorite album.

Hail Hail No Code!!
    :yawn:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    71step28 wrote:
    :D But why OH NO?!? :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I call it getting older and maturing. Been my fav for a number of years now.

+1 :mrgreen:

No Code is the bees knees baby!! :mrgreen:
    I call it getting older and maturing. Been my fav for a number of years now.

old people :lol::lol:
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    No Code is pretty ok. Probably right in the middle of the pack for me.
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Vitalogy is my #1 since that's the one that really got me into PJ but No Code has always been 2nd
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    As far as I'm concerned Hail Hail is perfect Pearl Jam... it's just perfection. When someone asks me what other good stuff Pearl Jam have done apart from Ten, I play them Hail Hail. And yes, I'm also in the No Code club!!
  • By far my favorite Pearl Jam album.
    Yield is great.
    No Code is greater.
    Some of the best drumming by the mighty Jack Irons :mrgreen:
    grouppic.jpg
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    The Oh no was joke, for a while I just wasn't that into the album, Smile and Hail Hail I have always loved.

After hearing Present Tense live I love it, hadn't before at all.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    By far my favorite Pearl Jam album.
    Yield is great.
    No Code is greater.
    grouppic.jpg

I agree, man Present tense is unreal. the build in that song gets me every time. nad hearing Jack play In My tree back in 1996(?) was incredible.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    backspacer and S/T in the same category as no code?!? :lol:

but i hear ya! no code has become my favorite lately too... just edged out yield
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    always will be my favourite because it brought me back into the fold of this band
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    It's my favorite too, but I switch between it and binaural every 30 seconds or so
  • The period of Vitalogy and No Code, while being probably the worst for the band AS a band, are far and away their greatest artistic achievement. IMHO
    "It's No Crime To Escape"... AGAIN and AGAIN!!

8-22-1998:Barrie, ON (First Show Ever)~~~10-5-2000: Toronto, ON (where the F*%& is the poster for this Show)~~~6-28-2003: Toronto, ON (Waterfront Fireworks)~~~9-11-2005: Kitchener, IN MY HOMETOWN!!! / 9-12-2005: London, ON(Greatest Band Ever in the Greatest Country Ever)
    ~~~5-9-2006/5-10-2006: Toronto, ON (Start of the tour;rough first night, amazing second night)~~~6-14-2008: BONNAROO!!! (GREATEST SHOW EVER)~~~8-12-2008/8-13-2008: E. Vedder Solo Tour - MASSEY HALL (an experience beyond description)~~~8-21-2009: Toronto, ON (Standard Toronto Setlist (sigh) but greatest pre set ever :) )~~~5-9-2010: Cleveland OH (TBD)~~~5-10-2010: Buffalo, NY (TBD)
  • tM261194tM261194 Posts: 1
    I suppose if pj had kept on producing albums such as 10 achiveing such fame would have come at a cost, we are gratefull such bands have the ability to change tack mid stream progressing rather than bleating out the same stuff over and over again, No Code is tip top matey bloke and the rest.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    By far my favorite Pearl Jam album.
    Yield is great.
    No Code is greater.
    grouppic.jpg

PEARL JAM AT THEIR PEAK. VIVA NO CODE!!!!!!!

http://www.sandiegobeesknees.com/the_bees_knees.htm
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    It's a masterpiece!
  • i love all of it, even the weird stuff at the end. just a great album.

Ten introduced me to the band, but No Code made me a hardcore fan.
  • Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    If I could only choose one album, No Code would definitely be it. Perfection, front to back. PJ's best, IMO.
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    No Code is a great album. I one of my favs from it is 'Who You Are'
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    The period of Vitalogy and No Code, while being probably the worst for the band AS a band, are far and away their greatest artistic achievement. IMHO

This always fascinates me. I don't know what would have happened as a band if the music continued getting darker with each album but if they could have stayed together through it I bet it would have sounded amazing. We got Yield and I was happy with that too though. :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255
    Try this

Take all the songs from no code, get a live version of each, play in order of no code. EVEN BETTER! It has matt, not jack :)

how does it sound?
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    veddertown wrote:
    The period of Vitalogy and No Code, while being probably the worst for the band AS a band, are far and away their greatest artistic achievement. IMHO

This always fascinates me. I don't know what would have happened as a band if the music continued getting darker with each album but if they could have stayed together through it I bet it would have sounded amazing. We got Yield and I was happy with that too though. :)
    totally... its one of those selfish things where ya feel the quality music came from some darker inner turmoil... the best work coming just before the breaking point kindof thing... its unfair to wish that upon someone for your own entertainment... but at the same time you cant help but wonder

i think NIN did the right thing splitting up now that trent has lost some of the angry fuel that defined the band

i think PJ did the right thing doing what they needed to do to continue on as a band

and hey... atleast we're not wondering what could've been like kurt, layne, jimi, etc.
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/

old?? are you out of your baklava eating mind Greece boy? :evil: :mrgreen:

why now u talking shit be? ;):lol::lol:

old?? are you out of your baklava eating mind Greece boy? :evil: :mrgreen:

why now u talking shit be? ;):lol::lol:
    :evil: me i not goes out to in my mind..ok? :roll: