i don't mind the prices, but.....

2»

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

From reading what Jeanwah posted if pj wanted all prices to be the same to stay true to that, ok… but lower them so you can stay true to your credo of ‘any man’ affordable tickets.

That's the thing...I can't help but wonder if all band management cares about (since the band doesn't make statements anymore) is the hardcore fan, willing to pay any amount of money for shows and anything with a PJ label.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    yup but i look at it like this...

if the boys took the time and effort to get their own record label at find target for selling their album.......then if they had interest in their own ticket prices they would get involved with that too.

but they haven't as far as we can tell. because you're right. they haven't issued a statement so the way i read that is they don't care.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    I've seen tiered pricing. I'm not sure what people are talking about? Kansas City has $49 and $69. St. Lois has $46 and $66. Columbus 49 and 69. Virginia show has 79 and 39.
    I miss igotid88
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    CJMST3K wrote:
    i understand people here talking about prices,,but please understand...its ticketmaster make the call here..

The band can tell the promoter they don't mind tiered pricing. I'm sure the promoter would LOVE to do it!

I personally very much respect a band who hasn't done tiered pricing.

...and subsidizing the front row with the back row? The same could be said for any flat ticket price.

What is respectful about that exactly? You are charging someone $90 to sit in the last row of the nosebleeds behind the stage. Instead of getting backlash for selling $200 floor tickets, they are charging max price for every ticket. I'm sure they know the backlash would be tremendous for selling $200 tickets so they are saving some face by making them all the same.

And to everyone else...stop questioning PJ. You can't do that around here....that's called bitching! Didn't you hear that everyone here who kisses ass gets front row seats for every show for life?
  • if pearl jam wants they can play more shows, that will cut ticket demand, lots of people now cant travel multi city. but as long as they dont do many shows this will happen, unless they decide to all of a sudden play bigger venues like football or baseball stadiums, then you can fit 50,000 at a show, but if they do that better get good seats, or else you be across the football field like at a rolling stones show
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    BM42909 wrote:
    I view ticket prices and concerts like I view going to church: as long as you're present and have your soul into it, it doesn't matter where you sit. The price is negligible. The experience is worth the sacrifice.

Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.

I've spent plenty of time right up front at a concert, and plenty of time as far away from the stage as possible. It makes a HUGE difference.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    $215 face value for the best seats to see the Eagles in Foxboro MA this summer. I feel good about my PJ purchase.
  • cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    CJMST3K wrote:
    unless people stop buying tickets all together......for all artists nothing will change.
    oh except prices.
    they will continue to rise.

i'm not talking about rising tickets. i'm talking about a 90 dollar front row floor seat having the same monetary value as the worst seat at the top of the balcony.

They could go to an auction-only based system, where people will bid whatever they're willing to pay. This way people who bid $2000 per ticket will get front row, and people who bid $28 will get the 400 section. But I wouldn't want to hang out with a bunch of people with $2000 to spend per ticket. :?
    Unless their buying :lol:
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    $215 face value for the best seats to see the Eagles in Foxboro MA this summer. I feel good about my PJ purchase.

Right but they also have cheap seats. What people don't understand is when you overcharge for the cheap seats, you are still making as much as you would if you had $200 good seats.
  • $215 face value for the best seats to see the Eagles in Foxboro MA this summer. I feel good about my PJ purchase.

Right but they also have cheap seats. What people don't understand is when you overcharge for the cheap seats, you are still making as much as you would if you had $200 good seats.

You are 100% correct! What I like about tiered pricing is that you have an option. For example I wanted to see u2 this summer but dont want to spend alot of money so I got the cheapos. Imagine how many people are casual fans & would go see them if they had a "cheap" ticket?
  • $215 face value for the best seats to see the Eagles in Foxboro MA this summer. I feel good about my PJ purchase.

I just pulled a pair of 6th row seats for that concert this morning. Grand total: $435 dollars (and this was a special deal where TM fees were waived)
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Tiered pricing makes me nervous because I feel like that invites the prices for the best seats in the house to skyrocket, with the justification that if you don't like the price there are cheaper options in the back. So you may be able to see a PJ show for $35, but it may cost you $150 to be on the floor. Not worth it IMO.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    if pearl jam wants they can play more shows, that will cut ticket demand, lots of people now cant travel multi city. but as long as they dont do many shows this will happen, unless they decide to all of a sudden play bigger venues like football or baseball stadiums, then you can fit 50,000 at a show, but if they do that better get good seats, or else you be across the football field like at a rolling stones show

oh god i hope pj doesn't ever do that. :(

there's no such thing as cheap tickets anymore. Just different levels of expensiveness.

fucking eagles
    lol
    i feel they started this whole testing the limits on what fans will pay.

'take it to the limit..........one more time'

they even have a song about it! :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    snipes824 wrote:
    yeah i am bringing my friends to these shows. one of them it is going to be his first PJ show. and he's paying 90 bucks to be in section 417 behind the stage. he's like dammmnnn man almost a hundo for nosebleed AND behind the stage. those should be less.

did you tell him that the band will turn around and play last kiss for you guys? That alone is worth $92 :roll:
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • cajunkiwi wrote:
    BM42909 wrote:
    I view ticket prices and concerts like I view going to church: as long as you're present and have your soul into it, it doesn't matter where you sit. The price is negligible. The experience is worth the sacrifice.

Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.

I've spent plenty of time right up front at a concert, and plenty of time as far away from the stage as possible. It makes a HUGE difference.

I 100% agree. Its just a different experience being up close. I'm glad some people are just happy to be in the door, but obvously a lot of people want to be close.

U2 said their pricing strategy was to basically tax the rich to help out the poor. They charged $250.00 for up front seats so they could also sell tickets for $30.00 for those who just wanted to "be in the building". I don't think PJ would ever do this because they know their best fans are in the FC and they could never get away with charging such high prices. Seems like offering some seats at lower prices will at least let the consumer not fee like they are getting hosed...like the OP's friend. Even Lady Gaga has a cheaper price point for the 400 section @ msg. Its interesting that some venues (not including Ampths) have one price point and some have two.
    Gorge

I wouldn't mind paying $90 for a seat in the first row of pearl jam, but I'd rather pay $215 for a first row seat than $90 for the last row behind the stage.

And sure, they do tiered pricing at those midwest venues where they have to lower the prices on far away seats to sell them. But at shows in the northeast and whatnots where they know they'll sell out no matter what they don't bother lowering the shittier seats prices. What's up with that?
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ?
    i love the avatar name,.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ?

I'm paying homage to the greatest "sentence" ever written. :D
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    ?

I'm paying homage to the greatest "sentence" ever written. :D

hilarious! We should make T shirts and wear them to MSG!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,361
    I don't get why people Bitch about ticket prices.

No ones forcing you to buy them. If you don't like the price/seat location don't buy em.

Do you really not get it? Because it's incredibly simple: people want to go to the shows, but they want to be able to do so for a reasonable price.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    never thought I would see the day that I would say Pearl jam should take tips from U2 as far as ticket prices go. $92 for nosebleeds behind the stage is fuckin insane.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    TheGossman wrote:

437bb939.png
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    TheGossman wrote:

437bb939.png
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,678
    FirstExit wrote:
    TheGossman wrote:

437bb939.png
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll take a medium :P