i don't mind the prices, but.....

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Posts: 2,938
edited March 2010 in The Porch
why aren't they tiered like most bands of their stature? i understand top tickets being 79.50 plus fees, but 90 bucks with all fees for the worst nosebleed seat at an arena seems pretty steep to me.....

I couldn't care less since I got 10c seats, but i'd be hard-pressed to find anyone defending why they couldn't set aside a couple thousand 50 dollar seats.....
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Its a good point. Having mutiple pricing tiers makes scalping tickets much harder.
    Gorge
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    yeah i am bringing my friends to these shows. one of them it is going to be his first PJ show. and he's paying 90 bucks to be in section 417 behind the stage. he's like dammmnnn man almost a hundo for nosebleed AND behind the stage. those should be less.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    unless people stop buying tickets all together......for all artists nothing will change.
    oh except prices.
    they will continue to rise.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    unless people stop buying tickets all together......for all artists nothing will change.
    oh except prices.

yep , you speak the truth dear! As long as theirs fuckers willing to pay the price.. we'll continue to be taken advantage of..
  • unless people stop buying tickets all together......for all artists nothing will change.
    oh except prices.

i'm not talking about rising tickets. i'm talking about a 90 dollar front row floor seat having the same monetary value as the worst seat at the top of the balcony.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    I view ticket prices and concerts like I view going to church: as long as you're present and have your soul into it, it doesn't matter where you sit. The price is negligible. The experience is worth the sacrifice.

Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    oh except prices.

i'm not talking about rising tickets. i'm talking about a 90 dollar front row floor seat having the same monetary value as the worst seat at the top of the balcony.

They could go to an auction-only based system, where people will bid whatever they're willing to pay. This way people who bid $2000 per ticket will get front row, and people who bid $28 will get the 400 section. But I wouldn't want to hang out with a bunch of people with $2000 to spend per ticket. :?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    why aren't they tiered like most bands of their stature? i understand top tickets being 79.50 plus fees, but 90 bucks with all fees for the worst nosebleed seat at an arena seems pretty steep to me.....

I couldn't care less since I got 10c seats, but i'd be hard-pressed to find anyone defending why they couldn't set aside a couple thousand 50 dollar seats.....

a simple search with Ticketmaster will reveal that ticket prices are indeed tiered for the upcoming shows, with "nosebleed" seats far cheaper than the figure you suggested above.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I don't get why people Bitch about ticket prices.

No ones forcing you to buy them. If you don't like the price/seat location don't buy em.
  • 100 Pacer wrote:

a simple search with Ticketmaster will reveal that ticket prices are indeed tiered for the upcoming shows, with "nosebleed" seats far cheaper than the figure you suggested above.

some of the shows, yeah....not all of them.....
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • grizahamgrizaham Posts: 338
    Tickets are CHEAP!
    Indy lawn seats are $32 including all the fees!
    Checked for Tom Petty tix at Bridgestone and they are $150 a piece!
    Come on peeeeeeps..

;-)
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• I don't get why people Bitch about ticket prices.

No ones forcing you to buy them. If you don't like the price/seat location don't buy em.

no one's bitching about anything. and this isn't a ticket price thread regarding them being too high, because i don't think the maximum value is. i'm wondering why a balcony seat at 90 bucks costs the same as a front row floor seat. valid question, no? PJ is my favorite band in the world and i've been following them for 8 years now.....if someone posts an ounce of negativity it's called "bitching" on here......that's bitching if i ever saw it.....someone bitching about other people's questions....
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden

stupid and dense.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited March 2010
    why ticketmaster to do that?they dont care, if u have good view or not.,,they book pearl jam they give the money pj wants,the pay msg pay promotion,and stuff and they take their money too ..they say for this happen and take the profit we want a ticket cost 92 $..they dont give a shit..they are the big company..10c- pearl jam make a deal,they arent the company for sale ticket concert.they make their profit too,but ticketmaster do the restg...from the other hand ten club,even for a few tickets give the best seat in the house to their fans ..and here we are with...why now u dont bitching??..
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • edited March 2010

so no one should even talk about it? do you confront problems in your life by immediately quitting? i ask question and bring up concerns. thats crazy i know. i should just keep my damn mouth shut and move on!
    BM42909 wrote:
    I view ticket prices and concerts like I view going to church: as long as you're present and have your soul into it, it doesn't matter where you sit. The price is negligible. The experience is worth the sacrifice.

Party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.
    i like concerts, but i dont view them as a religious service. seats matter.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • edited March 2010
    i think they meant well with the flat rate for tickets, but it doesnt work anymore, since they are not trying to keep ticket prices down now. a tiered system works better. the way it is now, they are basically subsidizing front row tickets with back row money.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
    i understand people here talking about prices,,but please understand...its ticketmaster make the call here..
    pj is a band and 10c the way to connect the band with the fans,they just make their music company..ticketmaster is is a huge company...10c is a company of 4-5 -10 people..ticketmaster has 10 people to bring coffes to the other that working
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    why ticketmaster to do that?they dont care,,,they book pearl jam they give the money pj wants,the pay msg pay promotion,and stuff and they take their money too ..they say for this happen and take the profit we want a ticket cost 92 $..they dont give a shit..they are the big company..10c- pearl jam make a deal,they arent the company for sale ticket concert.they make their profit too,but ticketmaster do the restg...from the other hand ten club,even for a few tickets give the best seat in the house to their fans ..and here we are with...why now u dont bitching??..

additional make pearl jam deal by live nation. pay pearl jam why $1,200,000 per night if $250,000 they not make? but for money less far away, the higher price for close.

(sorry dimitri, had to :D )
    CJMST3K wrote:
    why ticketmaster to do that?they dont care,,,they book pearl jam they give the money pj wants,the pay msg pay promotion,and stuff and they take their money too ..they say for this happen and take the profit we want a ticket cost 92 $..they dont give a shit..they are the big company..10c- pearl jam make a deal,they arent the company for sale ticket concert.they make their profit too,but ticketmaster do the restg...from the other hand ten club,even for a few tickets give the best seat in the house to their fans ..and here we are with...why now u dont bitching??..

additional make pearl jam deal by live nation. pay pearl jam why $1,200,000 per night if $250,000 they not make? but for money less far away, the higher price for close.

lol yeah i was going to say something but figured i wouldn't be a dick. if i ever tried to speak greek i would sound a lot shittier than that.

So I’m going to show my ignorance here.
    That price is the 10c price right?
    Why would 10c get a far away seat?
    I thought 10c had the close seats?

i understand people here talking about prices,,but please understand...its ticketmaster make the call here..

The band can tell the promoter they don't mind tiered pricing. I'm sure the promoter would LOVE to do it!

I personally very much respect a band who hasn't done tiered pricing.

...and subsidizing the front row with the back row? The same could be said for any flat ticket price.
    CJMST3K wrote:

u are wellcome my friend :) shit,,im like that..i lof off :roll:
    snipes824 wrote:
    lol yeah i was going to say something but figured i wouldn't be a dick. if i ever tried to speak greek i would sound a lot shittier than that.
    dont worry ,u can post whatever u want,,u will not be a dick..the good is that u try to read my Greekglish post :D
  • CJMST3K wrote:

...and subsidizing the front row with the back row? The same could be said for any flat ticket price.
    thats true, but it made more sense to do it that way when tix were half what they are now.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited March 2010
    The band initially wanted all seats the the same price, back in their anti-expensive ticket years, because they felt that all fans should be able to experience the concert without those in better seats to have to pay more, just because they're sitting closer. Hence, the one price for all.

But now that the band's tickets are expensive, this philosophy works backwards. Not many fans (who aren't hardcore) will want to purchase those tickets in back for $80+. PJ should really think of ALL of their fans by bringing back the affordable, tiered pricing for tickets. It's a very reasonable request!!!
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
    CJMST3K wrote:

The band can tell the promoter they don't mind tiered pricing. I'm sure the promoter would LOVE to do it!

I personally very much respect a band who hasn't done tiered pricing.

i guess the people make the deal isnt the band but some manager..and they go like that..thats the money we want,,we want this number and those seats in the house,we sell our merch in 2-3 stands,..guess thats why 10c tix are a little more expensive..im pretty sure the other side say to the band manager that msg tix is 79$...and with the fees u see what happen..92...96.5 for international buyer...4.5 couse i was born in an other country..actually..for me is so clear...u want something?u pay..simple as that....u want a tv?u go to a store and buy the new model of sony 42" noone will start to say.its not fare ,what prices is that,last year was another price or anything like that...u pay..u buy..thats the market.,would be better to see them for free.. :D
    or maybe is just me..for see them i need to travel,pay,flight,hotel,train.so the price of the tix seems cheap..
    Jeanwah wrote:
    The band initially wanted all seats the the same price, back in their anti-expensive ticket years, because they felt that all fans should be able to experience the concert without those in better seats to have to pay more, just because they're sitting closer. Hence, the one price for all.

But now that the band's tickets are expensive, this philosophy works backwards. Not many fans (who aren't hardcore) will want to purchase those tickets in back for $80+. PJ should really think of ALL of their fans by bringing back the affordable, tiered pricing for tickets. It's a very reasonable request!!!

well that's a horse of a different color!

thanks for posting that Jeanwah.

Makes me side with fans that say pj principles have change. Then the counter argument is all people change.

But that really shows it. man….do they even realize?

but i still don't understand please clue me in.
    i thought 10c always got the close seats?

yes
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Jeanwah wrote:

well that's a horse of a different color!

thanks for posting that Jeanwah.

Makes me side with fans that say pj principles have change. Then the counter argument is all people change.

But that really shows it. man….do they even realize?

10c has always had the best seats, but I specifically recall that the reason that they never offered the tiered prices back during their fight for cheaper ticket prices was that they didn't believe in charging certain fans more because they sat closer...that everyone deserved to experience the music no matter who you were or where you sat...at the same cheap price.
    If 10c does get the closest seats then I don’t really understand the premise of this thread.
    But don’t my little blonde head stop this thread. :)

From reading what Jeanwah posted if pj wanted all prices to be the same to stay true to that, ok… but lower them so you can stay true to your credo of ‘any man’ affordable tickets.

Pearl jam is a buncha hypocrites if you ask me. but we keep buying the tickets. So what does that say about us?

We are all part of the machine! :lol: