Night 2 at TD Banknorth just announced?

DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
edited March 2010 in The Porch
did i hear that correct????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ajgolf23ajgolf23 Posts: 54
    where did you hear this?
    Drop, drop, dropping it down...oh, so gently...

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    A co-worker.

Seems like a false alarm, I can't confirm.
  • ajgolf23ajgolf23 Posts: 54
    dam you have my hopes up haha
    Drop, drop, dropping it down...oh, so gently...

• I doubt that it has. The Celtics just clinched the playoffs and the Bruins are battling for the 8th seed. Probably won't know for awhile is my guess.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    I just was outside and I swear one of the pigeons confirmed it!!!!

wow... this is awesome!!!!!!
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    HOB would be totally cool, probably would never happen. i havent looked at the Sox schedule but curious if they are in town that week..
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Wonder why they'd have to wait for the TD Garden schedule. Why not just go to Comcast Center?
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    probably have about 2 more weeks before we know
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    morgie2 wrote:
    Wonder why they'd have to wait for the TD Garden schedule. Why not just go to Comcast Center?

Too early for amphitheaters.
    FirstExit wrote:

Decent point, but if they're playin' baseball outside @ Fenway (for a month and a half by then),.............why not?
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • why do people act like if the bruins and celtics are in the playoffs there isn't going to be another show?

ever fucking hear of road games? or nights off inbetween games? SHEEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

If Pearl jam wants to play...there WILL be another show!!!!!!!!!!
    why do people act like if the bruins and celtics are in the playoffs there isn't going to be another show?

ever fucking hear of road games? or nights off inbetween games? SHEEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I"m just sayin' why wait for what the Celtics or Bruins are doing. I think they are definitely gonna add a show.
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • morgie2 wrote:
    why do people act like if the bruins and celtics are in the playoffs there isn't going to be another show?

I"m just sayin' why wait for what the Celtics or Bruins are doing. I think they are definitely gonna add a show.

i will shit myself in shock if they don't! Boston is a 2 show town...if not 3!! :mrgreen:
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Technically the first show hasn't sold out completely, there are still seats in the balcony behind the stage and singles in the back balcony. I'm sure that by next week we will hear something. I don't think they'd wait till the middle of April to announce a show.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    FirstExit wrote:
    morgie2 wrote:

they played hartford mid may in 2006..i know that because I was freezing my nuts off
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    morgie2 wrote:

I have talked to somebody at the garden and they said the Celtics/Bruins has NO bearing on PJ.. maybe the person was an idiot...I dont know
    1. There is no way the bruins will be playing that late into May. Not a chance

2. If show 1 has yet they indicates the demand is not there...they probably may not even have a 2nd show
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    I honestly hope there isn't another Boston show. I say spread the love to some other towns.
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    If Boston II isn't announced then the scalpers win! I say this because if I knew there was no possiblity of a May 18th show at the Garden I would have bought tix for the Hartford show. Now if there isn't a second show that's fine, we'll just have a nice day dining out and sightseeing in Boston on the 18th, however I will be "forced" (and yes I use that term very lightly because I know I'm not truly forced to do anything) to buy tickets for the Hartford show from StubHub, GoTickets, or the like. If I knew there wasn't a second Boston show I would have kept the TM tix I had in my cart for section 102 row S that I pulled the day of public on sale for the 5/15 show ( I said to myself i will only buy them if i pull certain sections, 102 was one section over so I was "forced" to throw them back), now I'll have to pay out the ass for tix through a scalper site. That being said, I'm still hoping they announce a second Boston show.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
    Tangerine wrote:
    If Boston II isn't announced then the scalpers win! I say this because if I knew there was no possiblity of a May 18th show at the Garden I would have bought tix for the Hartford show. Now if there isn't a second show that's fine, we'll just have a nice day dining out and sightseeing in Boston on the 18th, however I will be "forced" (and yes I use that term very lightly because I know I'm not truly forced to do anything) to buy tickets for the Hartford show from StubHub, GoTickets, or the like. If I knew there wasn't a second Boston show I would have kept the TM tix I had in my cart for section 102 row S that I pulled the day of public on sale for the 5/15 show ( I said to myself i will only buy them if i pull certain sections, 102 was one section over so I was "forced" to throw them back), now I'll have to pay out the ass for tix through a scalper site. That being said, I'm still hoping they announce a second Boston show.

Great point. I would have done Hartford also if i knew. What don't they just play 1 hour north up route 93 at the Verizon Wireless Center? Great venue, modern building and excellent local scene downtown Manchester, Not sure if the band has ever done NH....?
    Stryker420 wrote:
    I honestly hope there isn't another Boston show. I say spread the love to some other towns.

I hope there is another Boston show. I also hope they add Albany. I saw Eddie @ the Palace and I now love Albany. Play @ the Times Union Arena.
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    Neither the Boston 1 or Hartford shows are sold out. I looked yesterday and saw lower level tickets side stage available on TM. Also saw upper level tickets in Boston.

Kinda bummed me out since we all had to fight so hard for MSG tickets, yet they're not selling out these other markets.

Funny how if they added a 3rd MSG show on that 18th date it would probably sell out in 30 seconds, but adding a show anywhere up there seems like a waste, given the failure to sell out either of the other dates.
  • Prediction: there will not be a second night at the Boston Garden.
    Rationale: first night is not sold out, why add another so you can play to an half empty arena?
    Solution: if you're going to promote a tour then damn well promote it, don't promote it half assed, which has been done for this small tour. I know tons of people who do not know they are coming to Boston. I also know some people who are not going to the show becase tix prices are high,

well this all kinda sucks. Didn't think I would see the day when PJ could not sell out 2 Boston shows!???!
    1996: Hartford; 1998: Hartford, Mansfield I & II
    2000: Saratoga, Mansfield I & II; 2003: West Palm, Tampa, Mansfield I & II & III; 2004: Boston I & II; 2005: Montreal; 2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I & II, East Rutherford; 2007: Lolla
    2008: Tampa, MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II; 2009: Chicago I & II, Philly I, III & IV; 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford, Boston & MSG II.
  • JL19851 wrote:
    Neither the Boston 1 or Hartford shows are sold out. I looked yesterday and saw lower level tickets side stage available on TM. Also saw upper level tickets in Boston.

Kinda bummed me out since we all had to fight so hard for MSG tickets, yet they're not selling out these other markets.

Funny how if they added a 3rd MSG show on that 18th date it would probably sell out in 30 seconds, but adding a show anywhere up there seems like a waste, given the failure to sell out either of the other dates.

I really hope they add another MSG!!!
  • Nothing scheduled for the Wachovia Center in Philly!! I know they would sell out there.
  • JL19851 wrote:

I really hope they add another MSG!!!
    noooooooooooo i'm gonna have to buy more tickets!!! i'm half cheering, half cringing about this idea.. my wallet will cry for sure
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Just scored GREAT side lowers for Hartford CT! Sec 112 on the aisle!!!
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    Just scored GREAT side lowers for Hartford CT! Sec 112 on the aisle!!!

SInce when are behind the stage tickets considered great?

Great in YOUR opinion....but not the opinion of most.

Glad you are stoked though.
  • Just scored GREAT side lowers for Hartford CT! Sec 112 on the aisle!!!

SInce when are behind the stage tickets considered great?

Great in YOUR opinion....but not the opinion of most.

Glad you are stoked though.

uhh- quite close to band- you have speakers right on top of you- perfect side view....? much better than other side of arena with the boys looking like ants
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    JL19851 wrote:

You can get scattered singles in the 4th deck, and pairs behind the stage. I'd say it's at least 95% sold out. I can't imagine that would stop them from adding a 2nd show.