hundreds of billions of universes

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited October 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I just read on nationalgeographic.com about the growing evidence that there is more than one universe. Our earth orbits one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky Way, which is just one of hundreds of billions of galaxies in our known universe. I have imagined the "god molecule" that began our universe +/- 14 billion years ago flashed from god's palm at the inception of alpha and has brought time to the me and now. Now I see god's hands streaming strands (imagine spiderman) of hundreds of billions of universal balls. Holy Shit. It blows my fucking mind. Check it out!!
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    nicely done.
    i love stuff like this.

"you say check it out"
    what are we to check out?
    im missing something i think
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    chadwick wrote:
    nicely done.
    i love stuff like this.

"you say check it out"

I couldn't post the link, but it is in the news on the home page of nationalgeographic.com

lettinggo wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    nicely done.
    i love stuff like this.

"you say check it out"

I couldn't post the link, but it is in the news on the home page of nationalgeographic.com

well done.
    my head is up my ass.
    please forgive me.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    this is the one thing that I think about, that really gives me hope there is a bigger purpose.
  • Thank god (God?) some people are waking up! This is all stuff that was known when we were kids! (except for the multiple universes part... and if we are being serious here... that is merely speculation but most quantum physicists agree that it is probably true.)

This is how small we are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_GBwuYuOOs

the answers to the universe(s) can be found in the infinitely small! why do you think we're spending hundreds of billions of dollars on particle accelerators?
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    lettinggo wrote:
    I have imagined the "god molecule" that began our universe +/- 14 billion years ago flashed from god's palm

...well, who made god's palm then? :geek:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    lettinggo wrote:
    I have imagined the "god molecule" that began our universe +/- 14 billion years ago flashed from god's palm

...well, who made god's palm then? :geek:

you assume everything is produced by cause and effect?

edit: let's not go down the god argument road again... sorry
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Thank god (God?) some people are waking up! This is all stuff that was known when we were kids! (except for the multiple universes part... and if we are being serious here... that is merely speculation but most quantum physicists agree that it is probably true.)

the answers to the universe(s) can be found in the infinitely small! why do you think we're spending hundreds of billions of dollars on particle accelerators?

Dude, We are SO fucking small. And logic purports that if something has happened once, it can most assuredly happen again, and again . . .

• lettinggo wrote:
    Thank god (God?) some people are waking up! This is all stuff that was known when we were kids! (except for the multiple universes part... and if we are being serious here... that is merely speculation but most quantum physicists agree that it is probably true.)

Dude, We are SO fucking small. And logic purports that if something has happened once, it can most assuredly happen again, and again . . .

we are small on some scale... and also infinitely big on some scale.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    lettinggo wrote:
    I just read on nationalgeographic.com about the growing evidence that there is more than one universe. Our earth orbits one of hundreds of billions of stars in the Milky Way, which is just one of hundreds of billions of galaxies in our known universe. I have imagined the "god molecule" that began our universe +/- 14 billion years ago flashed from god's palm at the inception of alpha and has brought time to the me and now. Now I see god's hands streaming strands (imagine spiderman) of hundreds of billions of universal balls. Holy Shit. It blows my fucking mind. Check it out!!

god and spiderman in the same sentence...i've read it all. ;)
    :lol:

seriously tho, it IS amazing isn't it?

you're god and you've got big hands

my small self

yea ed.....absolutely!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• One of the most interesting topics there is. Too few people take the time to consider how tiny and insignificant Earth is, in the grand scheme of things, but also how unique and precious it is. Mankind seems determined to destroy the greatest gift we all share - life.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    One of the most interesting topics there is. Too few people take the time to consider how tiny and insignificant Earth is, in the grand scheme of things, but also how unique and precious it is. Mankind seems determined to destroy the greatest gift we all share - life.

You're right. Man, I lov eto ponder :roll: this stuff, but it makes my head hurt :?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    One of the most interesting topics there is. Too few people take the time to consider how tiny and insignificant Earth is, in the grand scheme of things, but also how unique and precious it is. Mankind seems determined to destroy the greatest gift we all share - life.

smaller than a dream.
    larger than sleep.
    most of outer space is a dream.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    saw these two clips recently, really awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q

http://vimeo.com/15091562
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    It's just so hard to comprehend!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Makes you wonder how intelligent minds could evolve to be.. We can't be the smartest beings out there.

We're all smart people here, but when we think too hard, there's always that fog that eventually limits us.

I wonder if there is a limit on intelligence? And what limits it.. I could think about this stuff until I go insane.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539

I like that youtube clip
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Makes you wonder how intelligent minds could evolve to be.. We can't be the smartest beings out there.

We're all smart people here, but when we think too hard, there's always that fog that eventually limits us.

I wonder if there is a limit on intelligence? And what limits it.. I could think about this stuff until I go insane.

We estimate our universe as being 13-14 billion years old, and the earth 4.5 billion. We've been a species for what, maybe 200,000 years? We are babies. If our universe is loosely estimated at 14 billion years old, think of how old other universes could possibly be... trillions, with some older than we can even imagine. Species on planets that are within those universes unknown to us could be millions of years old (or older), with the knowledge and advancements to go with it. Let's not even get started with the evolutionary changes that have probably taken place on planets in other universes.

Think of how much we've accomplished technologically in just the last 50 years. Imagine where we will be in another 500, 1000, or 10,000 years. Odds are probable that there are other species in other universes with knowledge and technological advancements that we cannot even comprehend.

The longer we are on this planet, the more we learn about it and from it. The more we learn about other planets. Heck, we've only been able to travel to the moon and send some robots to Mars. We are just getting started.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    thefixer9 wrote:

stop it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    thefixer9 wrote:

what if we are? what if earth humans are as good as it gets??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    what if we are? what if earth humans are as good as it gets??

'Than thats an awful waste of space'
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

That size vid is amazing I'm not even a speck! I'm a sub speck ;)
    I loved it thanks...and the Red Antares star, it was the second hugest I think, was the one we so enjoyed setting with the crescent moon a couple weeks ago :D
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    thefixer9 wrote:

Even our pondering is limited by our brain capacities.

I would surely hope, however, that our brains have at least intelligently evolved to the point of recognizing its own limitations; we are therefore actually rather stupid to think we might even be close to understanding life & the universe.

Thank God for Love!
  • Half Full wrote:
    Thank God for Love!

Amen!
    Where she walks no flowers bloom...
    so much is not achieved easily or at all with our bullshit heads and spirits
    mental telepathy/psychic communications... score? = zero...

transporting one's self across time & space... score = zero

humans are very dumb
    humans are cruel and slow

funny thing is most people do not believe in something unless it slaps them upside the skull
    then many still refuse to open up their minds

idiots

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I will let you in on a little secret: The universe is contained within my cranium and you're all figments of my imagination.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    I will let you in on a little secret: The universe is contained within my cranium and you're all figments of my imagination.
    world.....

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    You're probably right.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
    If a tree falls in the forest.....
  • I will let you in on a little secret: The universe is contained within my cranium and you're all figments of my imagination.
    You're probably right.

Descartes solved this problem hundreds of years ago with a simple statement:

"I think therefore I am"

so I exist, you exist, everyone exists... no one is just "imaginary"
    You're probably right.

Descartes solved this problem hundreds of years ago with a simple statement:

"I think therefore I am"

so I exist, you exist, everyone exists... no one is just "imaginary"
    it is beyond that.
    being or not being is so complex there are no answers
    there are no questions

everything is nothing and nothing is everything
    everything is more than everything
    and more is incomprehensible
    incomprehensibleness does not exist yet lives and died every millisecond yet time implodes

go figure

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce