Small TBD update (as of 3/26)

2»

Comments

• Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    Great thread thank you

Play the DUNK in Providence, RI
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Another mini-update.

I just talked to my buddy again. He says that when the band initially approached the Garden, they requested 2 nights (5/17 and 5/18). The Garden said that they would sign on for night 1 and hold 5/18 for them. The Gardens' obligations are with the Bruins and Celtics, so they could not promise them night 2 due to unknown playoff schedules.

The band has agreed to wait on a decision until April 15th, with all parties agreeing that they would love to have a decision before then. So, it sounds like PJ is waiting on the Garden to tell them what is going on. My buddy says that it is hard to imagine (pun intended) them waiting that long, but that's the deadline they'll give to make a decision.

My buddy reiterated that both PJ and TD Banknorth want the 2nd show. Once they know the schedules, they will make it happen.

I think the real question here is what happens to 5/18 if TD Banknorth comes back and says "sorry, we can't do it"? I wonder if PJ has another venue on hold, just in case. All in all, sounds like we'll hear something in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the update!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Thank you for the updates, and sorry to my hockey fan friends. I am now officially, openly and overtly rooting against the Bruins making the playoffs. Sorry, the Cup isn't coming to Boston this year anyway so why not hope for the bleeding to stop a little early and allow for a second show?

If the Garden does fall through the DUNK would be great but so might the arena in Manchester. There is a fantastic sports bar right close (http://www.jwhills.com/index.html) that was offering $2 Sam Adams drafts during all Red Sox games when I was up there for a work conference last year. Awesomeness.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    thanks for your info!
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    The Middle East!!! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    The longer it drags with no decision, the less likely it is to happen cause at some point Livenation is not gonna take the risk with too small a window of time to sell seats. I think April 15 cuts it too close from their perspective, I'd assume a decision needs to be made by Good Friday, just my personal opinion.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JimmyV wrote:
    Thank you for the updates, and sorry to my hockey fan friends. I am now officially, openly and overtly rooting against the Bruins making the playoffs. Sorry, the Cup isn't coming to Boston this year anyway so why not hope for the bleeding to stop a little early and allow for a second show?

If the Garden does fall through the DUNK would be great but so might the arena in Manchester. There is a fantastic sports bar right close (http://www.jwhills.com/index.html) that was offering $2 Sam Adams drafts during all Red Sox games when I was up there for a work conference last year. Awesomeness.

i'm really surprised Pj hasn't played the Verizon in Manchvegas. It's big enough and they've never played in NH. Would be nice to get back to my old stomping ground for a show.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Poncier wrote:
    The longer it drags with no decision, the less likely it is to happen cause at some point Livenation is not gonna take the risk with too small a window of time to sell seats. I think April 15 cuts it too close from their perspective, I'd assume a decision needs to be made by Good Friday, just my personal opinion.

I think most likely, the playoff dates will be set by that time as there will only be 3/4 games left in the season. They may not be public, but the areans will know them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • LCLC Posts: 278
    Just play Manchvegas. Perfect time to finally play NH.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    Poncier wrote:

I think most likely, the playoff dates will be set by that time as there will only be 3/4 games left in the season. They may not be public, but the areans will know them.
    But they really can't know them for certain, if for example the Bruins get as high as the 6th seed ( possibility) and The Celts finish as the 3rd seed( a likelihood)...you won't know in either case whether they are the home or road team in a series thats a month away because you don't know who the opponent is until a few days before. If the B's finish as the 8, then the uncertainty disappears with them, but its going to be there with the C's for sure.
    Exact playoff dates for the first couple of rounds are never etched in stone ahead of the series being lined up. The dates for the finals (which would be well beyond 5/18) are firm, but thats not a factor here. But the key with both teams is we can't determine home ice/court ahead of time.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    again... this is the only legit TBD thread