All you Canadian peeps going to the B-LO show ...

2»

Comments

• *bump
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,674
    I am a Sabres season ticket holder. I sell my Sabres/Leaf tickets for good money. I dont care to go to those games anymore. Im too old to trade trash talk and get into fights.

Leaf fans dont keep the Sabres afloat. Canadians help though.

Buffalo on its own is one of the best US markets. They are constantly on the top of the TV ratings. Even with games like All-Star, Olympics, Winter Classic, Cup Finals, etc Not involving the Sabres... and they cant even factor in the CBC ratings in Buffalo which most of the people I know (me included) prefer to watch over the crappy US broadcasts.

A team in Hamilton wouldnt destroy the Sabres, at least immediately. We would have 12 home games out of the 40 with people rushing down from Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal (or fans of those teams from elsewhere in ON). That would be good.

The fact that Hamilton's games would be televised in ON (and the Sabres arent)... as well as the non-hassle of crossing the border, would likely create a new generation of Hamilton fans, with no Sabres fans across the border.

So in time, a Hamilton franchise may suffocate the Sabres. Its not guaranteed, and I have heard some people argue and make sense that it would be a good thing for the Sabres.

Regardless though, its in the NHL sees it in their best interest to not put the Sabres at risk. All of their goals are based on US television ratings. I think its too bad. Canadians definitely deserve another few teams. Would love to see Winnipeg and Quebec back. It bothers me when I here Canadians "rooting" for the Sabres to fail and relocate. The NHL loses a little of itself without the Sabres... just as we miss the Jets, Whalers, Nordiques, North Stars, etc...
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I am a Sabres season ticket holder. I sell my Sabres/Leaf tickets for good money. I dont care to go to those games anymore. Im too old to trade trash talk and get into fights.

Leaf fans dont keep the Sabres afloat. Canadians help though.

Buffalo on its own is one of the best US markets. They are constantly on the top of the TV ratings. Even with games like All-Star, Olympics, Winter Classic, Cup Finals, etc Not involving the Sabres... and they cant even factor in the CBC ratings in Buffalo which most of the people I know (me included) prefer to watch over the crappy US broadcasts.

A team in Hamilton wouldnt destroy the Sabres, at least immediately. We would have 12 home games out of the 40 with people rushing down from Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal (or fans of those teams from elsewhere in ON). That would be good.

The fact that Hamilton's games would be televised in ON (and the Sabres arent)... as well as the non-hassle of crossing the border, would likely create a new generation of Hamilton fans, with no Sabres fans across the border.

So in time, a Hamilton franchise may suffocate the Sabres. Its not guaranteed, and I have heard some people argue and make sense that it would be a good thing for the Sabres.

Regardless though, its in the NHL sees it in their best interest to not put the Sabres at risk. All of their goals are based on US television ratings. I think its too bad. Canadians definitely deserve another few teams. Would love to see Winnipeg and Quebec back. It bothers me when I here Canadians "rooting" for the Sabres to fail and relocate. The NHL loses a little of itself without the Sabres... just as we miss the Jets, Whalers, Nordiques, North Stars, etc...

well put. And I agree with you sentiments.

Canadiens aren't cheering for a team like the sabres to fail however, it's the ones in tampa, pheonix, miami, atlanta, etc where the teams are losing money we want to go down. It astounds most canadiens that Gary Betman continues to support teams in these markets, when they could easily do so much better in Quebec city, winnepeg, Hamilton, or god may smite me for saying it, another team in toronto.

That being said, sabres would lose out astronomically if they got bumped out of the northeast division and into 1 of the other divisons in the conferenc due to more canadian teams joining up. Just something to consider.

P.S. I've seen some of those strawberry and cherry crush flavor before... And some others, but I can't remember what! The weird thing about Newfoundland is that the province has it's own pepsi bottling facility, so they still run production on some flavors that pepsi on the continent doesn't to keep the manufacturing lines going... And because there is a demand for these weird flavors.... Long live pineapple crush! I am also surprised to here you can get grape elsewhere... I was sure that was only in NF as well... But you live you learn!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.