All you Canadian peeps going to the B-LO show ...

harpmaplesweetharpmaplesweet Posts: 226
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Can one of you hook me up with some Lime Crush soda ?
This is no joke ! When I saw Pearl Jam in St. John's, Newfoundland
in 2005, I had a love affair with Lime Crush and vodka.

They don't sell it here in the States and I've been seriously bummed
about it ! From one fan to another, I will hook you up ! I live outside of
Buffalo, a little bit in the country. I can offer you a place to crash, some
other trade items ar just cash for hooking me up !

Please think about it !

By the way, I don't know if anyone realizes it or not but we're in for a real treat
at The Buffalo show ! I call it their 7-year itch. I saw them the very 1st time they
played here in 1996. Then 7 years later in 2003, now 2010 ! Also, they don't do
another show after Buffalo until the 13th, so I know they're going to let it all hang out.

I am not just saying this because Buffalo is my home town. I have seen Pearl Jam many times
in many places since 1994. If you listen to the 5/2/03 boot you'll see what I mean !
The best 'Black' ever and an all around intense show ... I swear I still get the chills.

Thanks for listening.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I kiss the earth, and then I get to thinking. . . . What's the next line. . . I always forget
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,674
    and plenty of MOLSON DRY!
    However leave all your Leafs memorabilia at home. We already have to see that garbage six times a year as it is.
  • Big Drop wrote:
    However leave all your Leafs memorabilia at home. We already have to see that garbage six times a year as it is.

you should be thankful our fans not only keep your hockey team afloat but your football team also.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    ms259093 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

you should be thankful our fans not only keep your hockey team afloat but your football team also.
    Nice!!!

Low blow :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
    ms259093 wrote:

Hahaha! The Bills? You can have them, seriously. They can play the Argos, your rules or mine. Then they can put it in the Guinness record book for most suicide attempts at a sporting event.

"True love is like the Leafs making the playoffs, it only comes around once or twice a lifetime."
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Wait a minute LIME CRUSH?!?!?!?! Hook me up if your going to cleveland too!!! I'll buy or trade it off you for sure that sounds amazing!
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    Yeah, you can have the Bills. The only people I know that support them are the 50+ crowd who only show up at the games to drink away their wasted years of playoff dreams. And I don't know what makes you think you're keeping our hockey team alive, but seeing as I can't leave the house without seeing someone wear a Sabres shirt/jacket/hat, that idea is delusional.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    can't we all just get along?? ... haha
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Stupid question but do you not have a passport? Why not just drive across the bridge to Fort Erie, grab lime crush and come back? Aside from the look on the border agent's face when you tell him that you left the country just to buy lime Crush, I don't see the problem with that...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • I have not actively looked for Lime Crush in...ever.

but if you want Lime Crush I can easily buy a case or two, throw them in the trunk (along with the drugs and immigrants I'm smuggling) and cross the boarder with it for you.

Let me know. PM me...I probably won't be back in this thread ever again.
  • TheVan218 wrote:
    Yeah, you can have the Bills. The only people I know that support them are the 50+ crowd who only show up at the games to drink away their wasted years of playoff dreams. And I don't know what makes you think you're keeping our hockey team alive, but seeing as I can't leave the house without seeing someone wear a Sabres shirt/jacket/hat, that idea is delusional.

who do you think the majority of season ticket holders are? the answer is not sabres fans.
    ms259093 wrote:

who do you think the majority of season ticket holders are? the answer is not sabres fans.

. . . . Yes it is!
    ms259093 wrote:
    TheVan218 wrote:

I think what you mean is that the a good portion (not sure if it is the majoirty or not) of season ticket holder are from Canada, not that they are not Sabres fans.

The Southern Ontario hockey fans definitely help keep the Sabres going...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    TheVan218 wrote:

Put a team in Hamilton, like the Blackberry CEO has been trying to do for years, and see how fast your sabers sink out of existence.

There is a reason the NHL won't let them do it.

P.S. Go Habs!

P.P.S Lime Crush is like crack. I used to drink it all the time when I was younger. Also, FYI, some of those flavors of Crush are only produced in Newfoundland (I know pineapple and grape Crush for sure is only NF, and something tells me lime is in the same boat)... so you might be SOL.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:

Put a team in Hamilton, like the Blackberry CEO has been trying to do for years, and see how fast your sabers sink out of existence.

P.S. Go Habs!

P.P.S Lime Crush is like crack. I used to drink it all the time when I was younger. Also, FYI, some of those flavors of Crush are only produced in Newfoundland (I know pineapple and grape Crush for sure is only NF, and something tells me lime is in the same boat)... so you might be SOL.

Completely false. If you think Buffalo can't support a fan base you're obviously not paying attention. There's a reason that the "Let's go Buffalo" chants were loud enough to be picked up by the TV microphone IN FLORIDA less than a week ago.

Besides, Hamilton would never get a hockey team, because then Toronto would want one too.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    Big Drop wrote:
    shep wrote:

P.S. Go Habs!

Completely false. If you think Buffalo can't support a fan base you're obviously not paying attention. There's a reason that the "Let's go Buffalo" chants were loud enough to be picked up by the TV microphone IN FLORIDA less than a week ago.

Besides, Hamilton would never get a hockey team, because then Toronto would want one too.

lol... love the stab at Toronto.

However, having a fan base and having paying season ticket holders are 2 completely different things. A significant portion of Buffalo's season ticket holders live in southern ontario. The NHL has done their research. The conclusions state that a team in Hamilton would probably rank in as the 6th or 7th most valuable team in the NHL, as it would pull in the Canadian fan base that has to cross the boarder into the US for sabers games, and people in Toronto who can't afford to go to leafs games. It's a fact. Unfortunately Buffalo would become an even smaller market team. Contrary to American popular belief, most Canadians don't want to venture into the US if they can avoid it.... myself included....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    Big Drop wrote:
    shep wrote:

P.S. Go Habs!

where are all the sabres fans when the Leafs come to town? If it wasn't for the logo at center ice you'd think it was a leafs home game
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
    Big Drop wrote:
    shep wrote:

P.S. Go Habs!

I don't see how this proves your point. At all. How do you know that those people chanting in Florida don't carry Canadian passports. I am sure that many southern Ontario hockey fans call Buffalo their home team (not the Leafs). That's no different than how a good portion of hockey fans in Windsor support the Red Wings.

The HSBC is not filled with Canadians, but I am sure that a good portion (at least 30%) of the fans every night cross the border from Canada...
  • DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    shep wrote:
    TheVan218 wrote:

P.S. Go Habs!

There's def lime crush in Toronto... and it's delicious.

I actually used to always bring back cherry coke into Canada so I feel your plight.
    shep wrote:

Wait a minute 1st of all I can get Grape crush at walmart here in PA, and 2nd of all There is PINEAPPLLE TOO?!?!?!?!
  • Completely false. If you think Buffalo can't support a fan base you're obviously not paying attention. There's a reason that the "Let's go Buffalo" chants were loud enough to be picked up by the TV microphone IN FLORIDA less than a week ago.

Besides, Hamilton would never get a hockey team, because then Toronto would want one too.[/quote]

have you ever been to a hockey game in florida? the arena is always empty! if you want to take about chants getting picked up, then all you have to do is listen when the leafs, canadiens play in buffalo.
    ms259093 wrote:

have you ever been to a hockey game in florida? the arena is always empty! if you want to take about chants getting picked up, then all you have to do is listen when the leafs, canadiens play in buffalo.[/quote]

Wait a minute! this thread is about SODA!!!!!!! I keep getting excited when I see someone reply to this thread and then I get dissapointed
  • RiotZact wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:

have you ever been to a hockey game in florida? the arena is always empty! if you want to take about chants getting picked up, then all you have to do is listen when the leafs, canadiens play in buffalo.

Wait a minute! this thread is about SODA!!!!!!! I keep getting excited when I see someone reply to this thread and then I get dissapointed[/quote]

sorry, i will stop!
    ms259093 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    ms259093 wrote:

Wait a minute! this thread is about SODA!!!!!!! I keep getting excited when I see someone reply to this thread and then I get dissapointed

sorry, i will stop![/quote]

Haha I was just kiddin it's cool
  • RiotZact wrote:
    shep wrote:

Wait a minute 1st of all I can get Grape crush at walmart here in PA, and 2nd of all There is PINEAPPLLE TOO?!?!?!?!

Pineapple is my all-time favorite pop, but as mentioned, I only get to have it when I'm in Newfoundland. I thought Lime was in the same boat, but I guess not. If I see any, I'll pick some up and PM you for a meeting point.

Funny thing is, after the excitement of knowing PJ was going to be in Buffalo wore off, the next thing I was most excited about was buying Cherry Dr. Pepper. I love that shit and they don't sell it up here!
    RiotZact wrote:
    shep wrote:

Pineapple is my all-time favorite pop, but as mentioned, I only get to have it when I'm in Newfoundland. I thought Lime was in the same boat, but I guess not. If I see any, I'll pick some up and PM you for a meeting point.

Funny thing is, after the excitement of knowing PJ was going to be in Buffalo wore off, the next thing I was most excited about was buying Cherry Dr. Pepper. I love that shit and they don't sell it up here!

Haha soda is great, I'm surely getting my hands on these different crush flavors before I die, they sound awesome. Thanks!
  • Hey guys. I'm the OP here and I say no fighting ... HA HA HA
    The fact is, (even though this wasn't intended to be a hockey thread)
    Buffalo is my home town. I have to admit though, we'd be fucked without
    the Canadian support at the Bills/Sabres games. They come down here and spend
    stupid loot. Most of them are good people. ( except for the bastard that broke my glasses at the
    last Leafs/Sabres game I went to at HSBC. The fact is, people are people. I love the Canada/US
    relationship we have. We cross the border once and a while and piss on each others toilet seats,
    get drunk, eat some good greasy food and head for home.

C'mon ... let's spread the love, and remember .... I still need some Lime Crush dammit.
    I do have a passport but I didn't see it in the Falls or Fort Erie.

By the way, all you Canadians coming to my home town, I'm willing to show you what Buffalo's
    really about. If anyone reading this post wants or needs anything ... just PM me and let me know,
    I'll be happy to help anyone out. I'm 36, I was born here and lived here most of my life.

Happy to have you guys at the show ... STOKED !!!
  • OP BUMP
    Speeking of odd crush flavors, they have been stocking strawberrt and cherry crush in my area lately, they are pretty good, but it's the 1st I've ever seen them