Which PJ member has written the best music?

2»

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    if u put TEN out of it..JEFF by far....NAIS,Army Reserve. Got Some, Nothingman.
    but ...TEN number 1 album for me...so i guees Stone win this

Haha when I asked this question you said Jeff cus of NAIS and I said I didn't really like it, then you almost killed me, but now it's grown on me SO MUCH, it is awesome, especially live, the recorded version has something in the middle that gives me a head ache, but live it is sick and I am ashamed to ever have not been a huge fan of the song...thanks for being so hard on me D! :D

As for the Question I can't pick.
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Mortality wrote:
    It has to be Stone by a landslide.

Release
    In Hiding
    Oceans
    All Those Yesterdays
    Black
    Garden
    Do The Evolution
    Of The Girl
    Alive
    Rival
    Even Flow
    Deep
    NO WAY!
    I concur
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Stone for sure. Ed Ved runner up.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    STOOOOOOONE :mrgreen:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I don't find this question challenging at all. In order from amazing to great ;)

1) Stone
    2) Eddie
    3) Jeff
    4) Mike
    5) Matt
  • Mortality wrote:

Release
    In Hiding
    Oceans
    All Those Yesterdays
    Black
    Garden
    Do The Evolution
    Of The Girl
    Alive
    Rival
    Even Flow
    Deep
    NO WAY!

I thought Mike McCready wrote In Hiding when he was snowed in one day?
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    stone
  • MortalityMortality Posts: 156

I think he just did drugs and went into hiding one day when it snowed, and that inspired stone.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Mortality wrote:

Release
    In Hiding
    Oceans
    All Those Yesterdays
    Black
    Garden
    Do The Evolution
    Of The Girl
    Alive
    Rival
    Even Flow
    Deep
    NO WAY!

Stone did In Hiding.

I think Mike did that with GTF
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Mortality wrote:

Release
    In Hiding
    Oceans
    All Those Yesterdays
    Black
    Garden
    Do The Evolution
    Of The Girl
    Alive
    Rival
    Even Flow
    Deep
    NO WAY!

Someone needs to re-watch Single Video Theory ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I don't find this question challenging at all. In order from amazing to great ;)

1) Stone
    2) Eddie
    3) Jeff
    4) Mike
    5) Matt
    +1 ;)
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    EDDIE! Then Mike, then Matt. Stone's overrated. JK!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • GrimblissGrimbliss Posts: 32
    I can understand how people don't really like the album version of "Speed of Sound", I'm not a big fan of it at all either. But I think the demo version is just beautiful and haunting. That leaked version is what got me excited about Backspacer.... and in turn very disappointed when it wasn't on the album. I don't disagree with PJ very often but this was a huge mistake in my opinion. At it's roots, SOS is an amazing song, but everything that made it great was lost in the transformation to the album version.

Still don't see how anyone could say it's the worst PJ song ever. The demo version's greatness gives the album version a free pass as far as I'm concerned.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    airblue1 wrote:
    I am having a problem answering this question because most of the songs I like have dual writers.
    But in my tree is my favorite which is Vedder/Gossard/Irons

Im with you on that one. Also I love Present Tense, which I believe is an Ed/Mike tune?

It's kinda cool how SVT gives so many hints to the creatio of many of the songs from Yield.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Grimbliss wrote:
    I can understand how people don't really like the album version of "Speed of Sound", I'm not a big fan of it at all either. But I think the demo version is just beautiful and haunting. That leaked version is what got me excited about Backspacer.... and in turn very disappointed when it wasn't on the album. I don't disagree with PJ very often but this was a huge mistake in my opinion. At it's roots, SOS is an amazing song, but everything that made it great was lost in the transformation to the album version.

Still don't see how anyone could say it's the worst PJ song ever. The demo version's greatness gives the album version a free pass as far as I'm concerned.

You know I only listened to the demo once ( gotta listen to a new album fresh) but it sounded fine. I still believe Eddie should keep these songs for his solo career, but I agree they destroyed whatever there was good in SOS on the album. JUst the opening chord makes me wonder how 5 musicians allowed this to bring down an album that already is gathering dust on the floor.

Did I mention I don't like BS?
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.