Gimme Gimme Gimme...

2»

Comments

• Ahr MannAhr Mann Posts: 141
    CC279770 wrote:
    I would bet anything, not one of the band members read these post. It's like saying Derek Jeter reads the Yankee's message board looking for hints to improve his batting average.

+1. No one on this forum actually thinks the guys in the band read it, do they?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    CC279770 wrote:
    I would bet anything, not one of the band members read these post. It's like saying Derek Jeter reads the Yankee's message board looking for hints to improve his batting average.

Considering stone said in philly night 1 he read the rumors and him quitting the band I'd say they might give it a peak from time to time
    Go Birds!!!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Porch
    Step out on the porch to discuss Pearl Jam's music, tour, appearances, causes they support, etc. It's all about Pearl Jam here.

so how exactly is talking about the bands songs annoying? and most request threads do talk about the song so tell me geniuses, what should be posted on the porch? continuous bitching about the band? ed's penis? what?? :roll:

oh and for the record, members of the band do check this board...this i know
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    norm wrote:
    The Porch
    Step out on the porch to discuss Pearl Jam's music, tour, appearances, causes they support, etc. It's all about Pearl Jam here.

so how exactly is talking about the bands songs annoying? and most request threads do talk about the song so tell me geniuses, what should be posted on the porch? continuous bitching about the band? ed's penis? what?? :roll:

Yeah... apparently song requests just go out of bounds. :lol:

They won though - all of the threads were merged into one big meaningless thread... so I guess they can celebrate and go back to trying to reform the presale system, look for MSG tickets, etc, etc.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    CC279770 wrote:

whether they actually read it themselves or not, they are ABSOLUTELY aware of what goes on at this board

there have been too many references by band members about issues on this board for them not to be made aware of it, whether first hand or by the ones who get the tweets
    :D
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    norm wrote:
    The Porch

I have never ever seen a post about Ed's penis, could you elaborate or give a reference. Just for my own sake, I WILL speculate that he is super endowed.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • PLAY IMMORTALITY AT JAZZFEST PRETTY PLEASE
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    well, you should all be ecstatic now.
    seems apparently the mods heard your complaints, and now all the requests are in ONE thread, rendering them basically useless for those of us interested in pining for/discussing certain songs, hopes of being played, etc. so no worries, no more 'clutter' on the board. it is now wide open so it can be filled with more bitch threads, or ticket threads, always can have a million meet-up threads, poster threads, selling anything pj related, etc. blah, blah.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    well, you should all be ecstatic now.
    seems apparently the mods heard your complaints, and now all the requests are in ONE thread, rendering them basically useless for those of us interested in pining for/discussing certain songs, hopes of being played, etc. so no worries, no more 'clutter' on the board. it is now wide open so it can be filled with more bitch threads, or ticket threads, always can have a million meet-up threads, poster threads, selling anything pj related, etc. blah, blah.
    We can just bring them back in a week or so... I plan on it :)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    CC279770 wrote:

whether they actually read it themselves or not, they are ABSOLUTELY aware of what goes on at this board

there have been too many references by band members about issues on this board for them not to be made aware of it, whether first hand or by the ones who get the tweets
    :D

exactly.
    i personally KNOW this for a fact.
    and this is not to say that b/c of this they will go and play any particular requests, etc....but they do find out about things, and stuff happens, songs do get played - specifically b/c of a request at times. hell, look at all the positive changes in the 10c over the last few years. this place DOES matter and changes do occur.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lettinggo wrote:
    norm wrote:
    The Porch

I have never ever seen a post about Ed's penis, could you elaborate or give a reference. Just for my own sake, I WILL speculate that he is super endowed.

idk, maybe it's talked about in the eddie looks hot thread ;):D
This discussion has been closed.