Gimme Gimme Gimme...

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited March 2010 in The Porch
My head is spinning with all of these gimme threads...is it not enough that you get to see them play...you have to ask for more...okay maybe I am a little bitter because I will not be seeing them but really this is getting ridiculous! Yes a complaining thread...very unique to this board I am sure...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    +1 ......... way too many request threads going on. the band does not care.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Yep - those threads are stupid.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Gimmie a break...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • UpSideDown wrote:

Are you in the band? Then how do you know if they care or do not. This board is for fans and if people want to ask for certain songs to be played then so be it. I don't feel that the people asking for songs are being demanding they are just engaging in conversation. You don't have to answer the threads if you don't want to respond.
  • MB999 wrote:
    Are you in the band? Then how do you know if they care or do not. This board is for fans and if people want to ask for certain songs to be played then so be it. I don't feel that the people asking for songs are being demanding they are just engaging in conversation. You don't have to answer the threads if you don't want to respond.

DeLukin wrote:
    Gimmie a break...

well...you two have made me see the light...forgive me please. I take back my silly comments. :lol:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Complaining about request threads cleans up the board clutter oh so well!
  • Bearfan80Bearfan80 Posts: 221
    I would bet anything, not one of the band members read these post. It's like saying Derek Jeter reads the Yankee's message board looking for hints to improve his batting average.
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2011- Detroit, MI (EV Solo Show)
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • drsluggo wrote:
    Complaining about request threads cleans up the board clutter oh so well!
    well that was my objective this morning...to come and clean up other peoples mess...I was making an observation... quite a difference...yes?
    MB999 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

No, im not in the band.

Per Ed in Chicago - "we take requests not orders"

I do feel that it is somewhat demanding and even a little out of touch when people are asking for specific songs for each and every city,and even for individual board members.

I don't post in those threads and bring down their requests - but I have the right to voice my opinion in this one.
  • UpSideDown wrote:
    MB999 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

No, im not in the band.

Per Ed in Chicago - "we take requests not demands"

I do feel that it is somewhat demanding and even a little out of touch when people are asking for specific songs for each and every city,and even for individual board members.

I don't post in those threads and bring down their requests - but I have the right to voice my opinion in this one.

I was right there with you when he said that.

You are right you can say whatever you want, the same as others asking for songs to be played. They are requests and hopes not demands. I have not seen a post that said play x song or else I am not going to the show. Let's all settle down and enjoy the shows.
    MB999 wrote:
    Let's all settle down and enjoy the shows.

that is pretty much my point as well.........all of the requests = added expectations.......I'm all for the excitement, but just enjoy the band in their natural form.
  • spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
    If you worry too much about what they are going to play, you will more than likely be disappointed. Just set back and enjoy the show. :D
  • MB999 wrote:
    Well I would ...but...I am not going to any shows! :lol:
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    Thank you for this thread! I agree 100% OP
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
    UpSideDown wrote:
    MB999 wrote:

that is pretty much my point as well.........all of the requests = added expectations.......I'm all for the excitement, but just enjoy the band in their natural form.
    That's not true - i dont think anyone who is posting on the Dirty Frank in Cleveland thread are going to go there expecting it. Anyone who thinks a thread with 150 posts about a specific song guarantees it will be played is fooling themselves.

It's for fun - we have like 6 weeks until the shows get going ... its just something to have fun with until the time comes.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    UpSideDown wrote:

recent history speaks otherwise. very much so.

that said, i'm sorry.....it's NOT 'gimme, gimme, gimme'.....they are fucking REQUESTS. no one is being rude/demanding. just some fun hope! seriously!

if you cannot dicuss shows you are going to attend, can't put out there songs you'd like to hear, dream of hearing, whatever....on a band's official website, well honestly...idk wtf this place is for then. seriously. i hear ya if you are skipping this tour, but yea....sounds like definite sour grapes/bitterness to me. just sayin.'
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

that said, i'm sorry.....it's NOT 'gimme, gimme, gimme'.....they are fucking REQUESTS. no one is being rude/demanding. just some fun hope! seriously!

FUN... thank you :D
    drsluggo wrote:

FUN... thank you :D

right?
    ain't that what it's all about!
    and no, i am not setting myself up for disappointment. i AM a dreamer, i love dreaming.....and yea....FUN!
    besides, there's is nothing wrong, or disappointing...in having hope.

possimists unite!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    My head is spinning with all of these gimme threads...is it not enough that you get to see them play...you have to ask for more...okay maybe I am a little bitter because I will not be seeing them but really this is getting ridiculous! Yes a complaining thread...very unique to this board I am sure...

How dare us people who shelled out decent money to see our favorite band dare make a thread on a board we pay to post on, dare make a can u please play thread. I'm sick of people bitching about this we pay to post here which gives us the write to post about anything we damn well please as long as its in the guidelines.
    Go Birds!!!!
    UpSideDown wrote:

if you cannot dicuss shows you are going to attend, can't put out there songs you'd like to hear, dream of hearing, whatever....on a band's official website, well honestly...idk wtf this place is for then. seriously. i hear ya if you are skipping this tour, but yea....sounds like definite sour grapes/bitterness to me. just sayin.'

Well, i disagree on some of your points.

Excitement here often can often spill over to set list entitlement.......

I am at the point where I don't really have any specific songs in mind.........if others do, thats fine as well. But in my opinion right now its kind of overdone on the board, and people are getting overly defensive because i feel this way.

Its not really an argument of fun/no fun or optimistic/pessimistic......I think its just two different paths. Some people want to hear certain songs, others (like me) just don't care... .I'm cool with whatever the band wants to play that night.
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    I thought this thread was about ABBA.

Sorry :twisted:
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    it' like
    Gimme outta control
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • The boys are going to play what they want, if people get upset with threads asking for rare and favorite songs then so be it. I have seen then plenty of times and never walk away saying damn the show was not good because they did not play song x. I really think people need to lighten up, if there is no room for debate in this forum it is a shame.
  • someone knocked on my door and I stepped away for a few minutes and all hell breaks loose. I wasn't saying you couldn't ask or request for anything. It just becomes absurd when everyone asks...again just my opinion. I do agree that the guys do read smatterings on this board. One thing I know for certain, anything I ask for will not be given! :lol: Please everyone, like I said in my first post...it could just be that I am bitter...let's just leave it at that. I am a very bad girl and I am going to my room for a time out to think about what I've done. Again sorry to stir so much up... :D
    UpSideDown wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

Well, i disagree on some of your points.

Excitement here often can often spill over to set list entitlement.......

I am at the point where I don't really have any specific songs in mind.........if others do, thats fine as well. But in my opinion right now its kind of overdone on the board, and people are getting overly defensive because i feel this way.

Its not really an argument of fun/no fun or optimistic/pessimistic......I think its just two different paths. Some people want to hear certain songs, others (like me) just don't care... .I'm cool with whatever the band wants to play that night.

i'm all for disagreement and differing opinions.
    and i too will have a GREAT time and enjoy whatevr the boys play.
    however, that said, wtf else are we *supposed* to discuss here? i mean, people 'complain' about the eddie is hot threads, the poster threads, the complain threads, the complaining about complaining threads, etc, etc....ad nauseum. so my only point is - if you can't have some fun and discuss possible hopes/dreams for songs you would LOVe to hear live, then i honestly don't know wtf this official website is for. i can only talk about how great the band is, or list my fave song, etc...so much. so yea, bottomline....it's just another topic. don't expect everyone to 'like' it.....but sure, i also don't think it's 'entitlement' minded. that is all.

btw - i don't care how you feel about it, nor do i feel defensive about it....i just didn't like the title of this thread or the idea that many of us might have feelings of entitlement. maybe some people do, i dunno, can't speak for everyone. however, as someone who has started my fair share of 'please play _______ @______' threads...i was simply sharing my perspective on it.

cheers!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• ringoringo Posts: 504
    just gimme gimme gimme...fried chicken!
    d'oh
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    drsluggo wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    MB999 wrote:

That's not true - i dont think anyone who is posting on the Dirty Frank in Cleveland thread are going to go there expecting it. Anyone who thinks a thread with 150 posts about a specific song guarantees it will be played is fooling themselves.

It's for fun - we have like 6 weeks until the shows get going ... its just something to have fun with until the time comes.

People can post about their hopes that PJ will play it, but you're correct in that no one should go expecting that it will definitely be played. We can hope for them to play a certain song somewhere, but I doubt anyone will cease being a fan if they don't. No one makes demands for songs to be played, just requests, and where else is better to do that than here? Besides, request threads seem to have worked a few times in the past like for Satan's Bed at State College and the recent Black request thread with pictures.
  • DeLukin wrote:
    Gimmie a break...

HA!
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    ringo wrote:
    just gimme gimme gimme...fried chicken!

I'm going to guess you enjoyed Ed and Ben Harper's cover of Under Pressure... lol
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • how do i like it, how do i like it? MORE MORE MORE.....how do i like it, how do i like it? MORE MORE MORE!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:;)
This discussion has been closed.