Options

BRISTOW VA Pre-party & Fundraiser!

124»

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    vedderdays wrote:
    DangDang wrote:
    Uh oh, May 13 is moving into the reality scope. Must.....calm....down......

Just......Breathe.....

You're telling ME?!?!? Im FREAKING out! :shock:

Oddly enough, I'm perfectly calm. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    InOurTreeInOurTree Posts: 67
    vedderdays wrote:
    DangDang wrote:

Just......Breathe.....

You're telling ME?!?!? Im FREAKING out! :shock:

Oddly enough, I'm perfectly calm. ;)

PBM

Ha! Funny stuff.
    See the path cut by the moon... for you to walk on...
  • Options
    Sending out press releases to local TV stations this morning.

I'll follow up on the day of the event as well.

Regardless, you all will have a fabulous time!

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/20155

DangDang wrote:

Just......Breathe.....

ha! i feel the same way. it's better than christmas eve. my goal this week is to not think about it at night, so i can calm down and go to sleep!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    vedderdays wrote:
    DC101 just donated Chili Cook-Off tickets to the raffle/auction!

That is super awesome! you really did a great job planning all of this. i'm impressed and very excited for the preparty! i work at Giant Pharmacy in that shopping center and have lived in the area for a number of years so if there's anything that anyone needs (besides drugs from my pharmacy ;) ) please let me know! i can tell you the best way to get to and from DC to the venue and some key spots to avoid. i use to work at Nissan (now Jiffy Lube Live) back in high school and i frequent the venue every summer. my suggestion, if you're traveling in from DC, Maryland, or South, leave early! anyone from northern VA will tell you traffic is a bitch and i'd hate for anyone to be late and stressed out for the pre-party! :D it's gonna be a great time and thanks again vedderdays for all your hardwork. i'll buy you a beer on thursday if i ever figure out who you are!
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
  • Options
    vedderdays wrote:
    DC101 just donated Chili Cook-Off tickets to the raffle/auction!

That is super awesome! you really did a great job planning all of this. i'm impressed and very excited for the preparty! i work at Giant Pharmacy in that shopping center and have lived in the area for a number of years so if there's anything that anyone needs (besides drugs from my pharmacy ;) ) please let me know! i can tell you the best way to get to and from DC to the venue and some key spots to avoid. i use to work at Nissan (now Jiffy Lube Live) back in high school and i frequent the venue every summer. my suggestion, if you're traveling in from DC, Maryland, or South, leave early! anyone from northern VA will tell you traffic is a bitch and i'd hate for anyone to be late and stressed out for the pre-party! :D it's gonna be a great time and thanks again vedderdays for all your hardwork. i'll buy you a beer on thursday if i ever figure out who you are!

Thank you! Can't wait to see you there :D (Are you sure you can't get me drugs, cuz I really need them right about now lol!)
  • Options
    Rochelle and Bristow...you're on the clock!

:D

PBM

• Options
    smoke20smoke20 Posts: 50
    is anyone parking at the venue and then walking/hitchhiking calling a cab etc. to get to the pre-party. we did that at philly on 10/31. i've heard the parking is horrible and figured we would get there early.
  • Options
    smoke20 wrote:
    is anyone parking at the venue and then walking/hitchhiking calling a cab etc. to get to the pre-party. we did that at philly on 10/31. i've heard the parking is horrible and figured we would get there early.

parking at the venue isn't horrible really. it's a huge lot and can accommodate everyone. it's leaving the show that sucks. the traffic exiting the parking lot is horrendous so you're actually better off getting to the venue later because you'll be closer to the exits. those that get there early are kind of blocked in. but at any rate it's a pretty hefty walk and not one you'll want to make if it rains like they're calling for. but a cab ride to and from the bar to the venue should run you about $10, depending on traffic. see you at the party!
    1998 : 9/19
    2000 : 9/4
    2003 : 7/1
    2006 : 5/30
    2007 : 8/5
    2008 : 6/17; 6/19; 6/20; 6/22; 6/24; 6/25; 8/16 (EV); 8/21 (EV); 8/22 (EV)
    2009 : 6/11 (EV); 6/12 (EV); 8/23; 8/24; 10/27; 10/28; 10/30; 10/31
    2010 : 5/13
    2012 : 9/2; 9/21; 11/27 (EV); 11/28 (EV)
  • Options
    smoke20 wrote:

I agree with shedreamsincolor. Parking isn't bad...its getting out thats bad. Plus if I recall 10club members got special parking?? I thought that was how it was last time I was there. Anyway...I wouldnt worry about that part.
    PRAY FOR NO RAIN!
  • Options
    anybody knows if the traffic flow is better on 234 prince william hwy than on I66?

• Options
    anybody knows if the traffic flow is better on 234 prince william hwy than on I66?

I think both suck anytime after 3.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm bringing a post show sandwich. Give me something to do waiting for the traffic to leave. :mrgreen:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I'm bringing a post show sandwich. Give me something to do waiting for the traffic to leave. :mrgreen:

We should have a tail gate party AFTER the show lol
  • Options
    vedderdays wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

We should have a tail gate party AFTER the show lol

ha!
    yeah.
    due to the traffic warnings i'm bringing a cooler for after the show.

vedderdays wrote:

I think both suck anytime after 3.

thanks. good to know.

• Options
    I'm genuinely excited for a show and party that I won't be attending. 8-)

Have fun...raise awareness and spread the good word!

PBM

• Options
    I'm genuinely excited for a show and party that I won't be attending. 8-)

Have fun...raise awareness and spread the good word!

PBM

I will text you, send pix AND let you know as soon as I do how much your team is getting :D After you left ustream Roche FINALLY said something about the party...vaguely. But then everyone was asking about it. A few people on there are attending!
  • Options
    Thumbs up to Rochelle and all the volunteers on such a successful event!

Cheers,

PBM

• Options
    smoke20smoke20 Posts: 50
    rochelle what a nice nice gathering of like minded quickly getting fuzzy minded pearl jammers. was estatic to get my gifties in the raffle will have that poster to remember that night forever.. again great job and the place was perfect.
  • Options
    smoke20 wrote:
    rochelle what a nice nice gathering of like minded quickly getting fuzzy minded pearl jammers. was estatic to get my gifties in the raffle will have that poster to remember that night forever.. again great job and the place was perfect.

Thank you :D I had a blast meeting everyone. Don't forget to friend me on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/roch ... ef=profile
    We will keep in touch and do it all again next tour!
    I posted pix and am getting the scrapbook together this weekend.
    Thanks so much for coming out and supporting CCFA.

Was I really fuzzy minded? :lol:
  • Options
    what's the tally? how much did ya'll raise? :)

• Options
    what's the tally? how much did ya'll raise? :)

We raised $1378!
  • Options
    jumping0046.gif

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!