Options

BRISTOW VA Pre-party & Fundraiser!

Comments

• Options
    Again, you CAN WALK from the Bungalow to the venue.

Don't believe those who say you can't!!! They haven't been there lately.

There is a sidewalk, with 2 crosswalks getting you to the side the Lube is on, along the way. Only the last 0.2 of a mile are on grass.
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    Cool. I'll be there w/3 others. Aiming to get there around 2/3'ish. I'll see if I can herd the clan over that way. Should be fun.
  • Options
    InOurTreeInOurTree Posts: 67
    bigbiggzy wrote:
    Cool. I'll be there w/3 others. Aiming to get there around 2/3'ish. I'll see if I can herd the clan over that way. Should be fun.

Great...ill let you know what bungalow says
    See the path cut by the moon... for you to walk on...
  • Options
    UPDATE:
    I have heard back from the management at Bungalow Alehouse and they want to meet with me. They haven't definitely said its a GO but I do think they are interested and don't think we will have a problem. Tentative times are approx 3-6pm.
    The address is:
    7380 Atlas Walk Way
    Gainesville, VA 20155
    (571) 261-9367
    www.bungalow4u.com
    I have heard from others that we CAN walk from there to Jiffy Lube Live if necessary.
    Still waiting on Laura for info on tailgating but I think its probably going to be a no considering Jiffy Lube Live's policies already in place.

I have also been in contact with Roche from DC101 and he is interested in attending. He may have items for the raffle and may promote this on the radio...all TBD.

PLEASE if you have items to donate to the raffle let me know asap! I really need everything that you have especially PJ related items!

If you are definitely coming post your rsvps here! Keep checking the first post for the details and join the facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/grou ... 803&ref=ts
  • Options
    Ive set up a meeting for 5:00 Monday with the owner at the Alehouse. He said he has no problem committing but wants me to come out and make sure its good for us. He said it has a large patio off the bar that would easily hold 250 people so seems fine to me! Ill update next week :D
  • Options
    UPDATE First post! Pre-party location confirmed at Bungalow Alehouse 2:00 May 13!
    RSVP by posting here or on facebook!
    SEE YOU THERE!
    Any donations? Please contact me!
  • Options
    Me and my girlfriend will more than likely be there, I'll hunt around for something to donate.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    pearljammer23pearljammer23 Pinehurst, NC Posts: 31
    I will be there with my 6 year old. Looking forward to it! :thumbup:
    "Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved."--ARISTOTLE

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    I’m donating 8 pj chick keychains. (home made)
    Can I get one of the organizers mailing address?
    I may not make it to the pre-party so I’d like to make sure they get there.

way to go planning with Bungalow Alehouse. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    I’m donating 8 pj chick keychains. (home made)
    Can I get one of the organizers mailing address?
    I may not make it to the pre-party so I’d like to make sure they get there.

way to go planning with Bungalow Alehouse. :)

Thanks its a great place btw! I sent you my address...really hope you can make it!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i'm getting excited now!

36 more days!
    :lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    We're getting really excited too!!!
    blondie, I hope I get to see you!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options

Hey should i put you on the rsvp list? :)
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    vedderdays wrote:

Hey should i put you on the rsvp list? :)

It all depends on what time we leave here and get there. I'm almost positive we'll make it but if we're cutting it close then we'll have to just head on to the parking lot. Cross your fingers for us!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Roche from DC101 just emailed me and asked when he could call to discuss the fundraiser! Wish me luck :D

RSVP as soon as possible by posting here and let me know if you have any donations for the raffle!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Big thumbs up to Rochelle and all of the volunteers. 4 weeks from today!

Great job everyone!

Cheers,

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Hi guys! I am coming from Washington DC. What is the best way to get to the venue and pre party? The only option i've found is taking a train to Manassas? Thanks for any help. See ya guys soon. :D
  • Options
    Chin wrote:
    Hi guys! I am coming from Washington DC. What is the best way to get to the venue and pre party? The only option i've found is taking a train to Manassas? Thanks for any help. See ya guys soon. :D

Do you not want to drive? If you are coming to the party and leave around 1:00 the traffic would probably not be that bad. You would just go down 66 all the way into Gainesville....not sure about the train :) Can't wait to see you there!
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    Looking at the Atlas Walk map, I noticed the guitar store. Any chance you could get them involved?
    http://www.classicaxe.com/

I hope to be able to make it, and may have a 11 year old with me. I know I can find some things to donate, one way or the other. Is it possible to mail in the donations, just in case?
  • Options
    TiaMija wrote:
    Looking at the Atlas Walk map, I noticed the guitar store. Any chance you could get them involved?
    http://www.classicaxe.com/

I hope to be able to make it, and may have a 11 year old with me. I know I can find some things to donate, one way or the other. Is it possible to mail in the donations, just in case?

Yep no problem...let me know and I can send you my address. I have a bunch of other stuff being mailed to me. I am planning on going over to the Atlas Walk and soliciting donations from everyone over there next weekend so I will definitely stop there. Im also making up posters for all the stores to put up in the windows. Ill add you to the rsvp list. Thanks in advance for the donations.
    I brought my 10 yr old son to the show in 2008 and he loved it!
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    I should be there with my sister who I've taken to two other PJ shows too...She loves PJ fans :D
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    vedderdays wrote:
    Chin wrote:

Do you not want to drive? If you are coming to the party and leave around 1:00 the traffic would probably not be that bad. You would just go down 66 all the way into Gainesville....not sure about the train :) Can't wait to see you there!

Well, I am flying from Las Vegas and starting my voyage in Buffalo and between the May 10th gig and the 13th, I wanted to check out Washington DC. Maybe I'll look into renting a car. Driving does seem to be the easiest way to get to Gainsville...Sweet, I'm stoked!
  • Options
    Any updates on this?
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    Any updates on this?

Everything is added/edited in the first post. Preparty is ON 2 - 6 Bungalow Alehouse in Gainesville and looks like we are going to have a great turnout. If you have any questions just let me know :D
  • Options
    Count me in!
  • Options
    I am in for the pre-party. Thanks for taking the lead.
  • Options
    Before try to get a shuttle service...can i get a show of hands on who will definitely use it? The bar is 1.3 miles to Jiffy Lube Live. Sidewalks the whole way...walkable in my opinion. The shuttle would most likely NOT be free...and we would have to charge $3 per ticket or something like that. Do you think i should try to do this or will you either drive or walk??
    LMK asap!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    pearljammer23pearljammer23 Pinehurst, NC Posts: 31
    Walking.
    "Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved."--ARISTOTLE

• Options
    The shuttle would probably just get stuck in traffic, I bet we could out walk it.
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    The shuttle would probably just get stuck in traffic, I bet we could out walk it.

I think so too...