Thank you from guy in Wheelchair

13»

Comments

• pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm so glad you are on the mend.

It was a sad reflection on the city I love so much.

Chin up champion.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Heath, thanks for the update! Great you're getting better!
    Greetings from Vienna

Wish you all the best!
    Christoph
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,603
    Guitarded wrote:
    Heath - you've got a really nice gift coming from us too. We're in the final stages of arranging it. A whole lot of us wish we could see the look on your face when you get it.

I'm touched the band heard the call from members on this forum and got in touch - whoever took the message from this forum to the band in 10c - thank you so much.

And i think to my self, what a wonderful world... (Joey Ramone version of course) :)

Hey Paul, Actually I had met a friend of Stone's in my first month here in the North Shore, Sydney....! six degrees.. small world... anyway her name is Dana.. she got in touch with Stone and informed him of what happened..., but then the letter came addressed from M.Smith from L.B. California...so from there...? If you want to see my face... well I would have to Skype you at that time or wait and arrange to go to a show or two. Thanks again for all you have done.. my heart goes out to all.

Heath :)

that's cool...keep healing man!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    So happy to hear your on the mend! Thanks for keeping us updated. :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,387
    I'm glad to hear that you're recovering, Heath. Stay positive and try not to dwell on the ugliness of what happened. Cheers.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Heath, Glad to hear your doing ok. Keep the spirits up & try to stay strong both physically & mentally. Looking forward to being "right by your side" again ;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • I'm glad you are healing listen to pj and stay postitve!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 634
    i am way late on this...but what happened?

Bump.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    this sort of answers what happened. I’d like to see the original news story thou. Just curious about details.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125003

is this the correct news story?
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ite=sydney
    https://optuszoo.com.au/regional_news/1 ... shing.html
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    I'm very, very glad you're healing, Heath. Stay strong and get well ASAP! :thumbup:

Rob
    this sort of answers what happened. I’d like to see the original news story thou. Just curious about details.

one of many on the net....

Teens held over wheelchair attack :cry:
    BY GEORGINA ROBINSON
    11 Mar, 2010 11:23 AM
    A love of country music almost proved fatal for a wheelchair-bound Canadian man.

After travelling to Sydney's outer south-western suburbs to see friends from his homeland perform at a country music night, he was the victim of a savage, five-minute attack by two allegedly drunk teenagers wielding metal bars.

The man, who has asked not to be named, was described yesterday as a ''…wonderful, kind, generous individual'' by his girlfriend, Kristin Sharrock, from Mosman.

''He's been through a lot in his life and he doesn't deserve what's happened,'' she said.

The 35-year-old is no stranger to bad luck. In 2000, he broke his back after crashing a snowmobile near his home in north-western Canada. A month later, his 49-year-old stepfather was killed in another snowmobile accident.

He met Ms Sharrock at a Pearl Jam concert last year. They fell in love and in November he flew to Australia to spend time with her.

His luck turned again just after 11pm on Tuesday at Mount Druitt train station.

After watching his friends perform at the Rooty Hill RSL, he allegedly ran into the two teenagers, one aged 16 and the other aged between 12 and 15. The pair abused him and followed him along the platform.

What followed was described by Mount Druitt Local Area Commander Superintendent Wayne Cox as a ''calculated assault'' and ''one of the most serious attacks I've seen''.

The Canadian fled to a lift for safety, but his assailants caught up with him. They allegedly stomped on him and struck his head and body with a pole and a piece of the wheelchair.

They tried to steal the wheelchair and scattered coins suggested the youths had also tried to take his wallet.

A horrified station worker called police and a 16-year-old was arrested. He faced Parramatta Children's Court yesterday, charged with robbery and grievous bodily harm offences.

Another boy was arrested about 7pm yesterday.

The 15-year-old was also charged with robbery and grievous bodily harm offences.

He was refused bail and is due to appear at Parramatta Children’s Court today.

The Canadian man was in a stable condition in Westmead Hospital today, after undergoing surgery for severe cuts to his head and a depression to his skull.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    just want say again....

heath don't forget...
    you have lots of support!
    you're not alone.
    :mrgreen:

You know.....I still think teaching disabled history and rights to school children would help end this type of thing.
    http://apps.facebook.com/causes/395159/97706668
    http://www.gopetition.com/online/33286.html
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I'm so glad you are on the mend.

It was a sad reflection on the city I love so much.

Chin up champion.

Happened in my town last night:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5845805712

:x

Heath,

Good to hear from you keep on rocking! ;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thanks for the update. So glad you are recovering. Stay positive!!
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    As an Aussie, I'm so ashamed of some people who share my country.
    It is times like this, you wish the vigilantes WOULD rise up and teach these young people some fucking manners and respect, God knows thier parents don't give a shit and so what are they going to do next?

Last week they broke into an old couples home and beat and robbed them, dragging the old lady by the hair.
    This week, they kicked down some old blokes door, bashed him, stole his money and if that wasn't enough, they humilliated him by taking his pants aswell.
    Fuck them....the old bloke is dying of cancer and they took his savings.. :evil:
    These Fuckers need some real fucking consequences. :evil: REAL consequences!

I hope, I am nowhere near these scumbag shits when Karma comes looking for them. :evil:
    Fuckers.
    END RANT. :evil:

Good to hear your on the mend Heath. :wave:
  • pjgirl9pjgirl9 Posts: 30
    Heath,
    I am so sorry that happened to you. I remember meeting you at LA 3 and 4 last year. I am glad you are healing and getting better each day. Don't be afraid to lean on those around you and I hope you can find a great therapist to help in the mental and emotional healing. Just know that you are in my thoughts as well and I hope to see you back on tour soon. Take care!
    --Marisa
  • coachchriscoachchris Posts: 749
    Great to hear from you! Hope everything starts to turn around for you and you're able to put this all behind!

Take care :!:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.