Thank you from guy in Wheelchair

GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 53
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Would like to thank the Pearl Jam family! There has been an overwhelming amount of support from the JAMILY. I opened the mail yesterday to find a letter from the band... they were at the SNL appearance from a week ago. Stone had jotted down a few lines of encouragment... Ed drew a wave at the top of the page and wrote he was thinking of me... Jeff a small note on the edge of page .. get well soon, and Mike with a get well socked amongst the others along with Matt... lol All on an NBC letterhead. I am doing great.. on the mend.. managed to block most of the blows.. was fighting for my life, a very surreal experience! The hardest part now I am finding is the flashbacks and dealing with the mental issues.. everyday is a new day. Thanks all... will keep you updated.

much love
Heath Proden
If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    I'm glad you're doing well. It's good of the band to take the time to send their well wishes. Your story touched so many people and support came out of the woodwork! I wish you luck in your recovery and maybe we'll see you around tour time!!

Be well, Heath. :)
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    Guitarded wrote:
    Would like to thank the Pearl Jam family! There has been an overwhelming amount of support from the JAMILY. I opened the mail yesterday to find a letter from the band... they were at the SNL appearance from a week ago. Stone had jotted down a few lines of encouragment... Ed drew a wave at the top of the page and wrote he was thinking of me... Jeff a small note on the edge of page .. get well soon, and Mike with a get well socked amongst the others along with Matt... lol All on an NBC letterhead. I am doing great.. on the mend.. managed to block most of the blows.. was fighting for my life, a very surreal experience! The hardest part now I am finding is the flashbacks and dealing with the mental issues.. everyday is a new day. Thanks all... will keep you updated.

much love
    Heath Proden

All the best, Heath, and be well.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    It was nice to hear a few words directly from you. It was also nice to hear the band show their class and dedication to their fans once again.

All the best.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Glad to hear you are doing better
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    here's to a speedy recovery on all fronts!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thanks for taking the time to update us and best wishes with your recovery ... physical and mental.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    BUMP
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    yeah mate great to hear your doing better :mrgreen: great of what pj did , stay strong mate :mrgreen:
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    i am way late on this...but what happened?
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "everyday is a new day" that is wonderful advice for us all
    each day - the possibilities!
    Good luck to you and wishing you well :D
  • CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    Im glad the Band uplifted you....god bless you and Pearl Jam!

Get stronger my friend!
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Heath - We're all thinking of you. Just take it day by day. Getting better is the most important thing for you right now and it's good to see you're on the road to recovery.

Regards,

Vincent
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Hoping the best for you! :D
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Get well soon!

David
    64XXX
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    Good to hear your doing better.Get well soon
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Guitarded wrote:
    I opened the mail yesterday to find a letter from the band... they were at the SNL appearance from a week ago. Stone had jotted down a few lines of encouragment... Ed drew a wave at the top of the page and wrote he was thinking of me... Jeff a small note on the edge of page .. get well soon, and Mike with a get well socked amongst the others along with Matt... lol All on an NBC letterhead.

How cool is that!!!

Good to hear you are on the mend. Hope the 'mental' will follow the physical soon.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Happy u feeling better.....keep on
    much love
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    So glad you've turned the corner friend. Nice to see your name on a post again and great that you've had so much support. Keep on getting better :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Guitarded wrote:
    I opened the mail yesterday to find a letter from the band... they were at the SNL appearance from a week ago.

Just one more reason why I love this band.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Glad to hear you are doing better, please keep us updated on your full recovery! Peace
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Guitarded wrote:

much love
    Heath Proden

Heath,

So glad to hear directly from you that you are doing better!!! Much love! xoxox

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Keep turning it around Heath. Good to hear you are on the mend.

Good vibes are headed your way.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • lbc72lbc72 Posts: 35
    Hey, Heath. A mutual friend told me of your attack shortly after it happened. I prayed for you and the possibility a quick recovery that very moment. So, I am glad to hear your story about the note and the fact that you are feeling better. It appears you have a pretty good handle in knowing that it is gonna take time to heal up both your physical and mental wounds. Here's to hoping for that day to come sooner than later. Best of luck to you.

Peace and love,
    Al
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    so glad you're on the up side...
    so cool of the band to take the time to send a little something special to you.
    they really do seem to care, no matter how much bitchin we do, it's time like this where they shine.
    Hope you're back on top soon!
    Best of luck to you :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Thanks for sharing
    best of luck man
    Wishing you well
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    So awesome to hear from you, Heath. We're all thinking of you. Much love xo :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    great to hear you're on the mends, heath...we're all thinking of you

and how cool is this band...bravo boys!
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Glad to hear this and glad to hear the band stepped forth!
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Heath, I'm so glad to hear that you are recovering. Great to hear also that the guys were able to send along their well-wishes. We're all here for you, so let us know if we can do anything. peace!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    My mom was really upset about your story.
    I'll be happy to pass on the news to her that you are on the mend!

Stay strong :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam