Healthcare Reform has passed through Congress

2»

Comments

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Can this thread be moved please?
    :roll:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I think this Health Insurance Reform bill pretty much ensure Obama's Re-election.
    what was up with obama's pen when he was trying to sign the thing? :lol:

Which one? There were 22 of them.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    there is no way the health bill reduces costs. no friggen way. how can you expect to pay billions of dollars and cut the deficit at the same time. really?

then they toss on tax for investors. wtf is that all about.

:roll:

i have no problem with a national health care overhaul, but they went about it the wrong way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Apparently thirteen states are planning on suing the federal government claiming that the healthcare thing is unconstitutional.

Yes and I’m embarrassed my state is one of them.

His pen – I’m not sure because I was watching out of the corner of my eye. Obama kept dipping it over and over in an ink well or something.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Apparently thirteen states are planning on suing the federal government claiming that the healthcare thing is unconstitutional.

Yes and I’m embarrassed my state is one of them.

His pen – I’m not sure because I was watching out of the corner of my eye. Obama kept dipping it over and over in an ink well or something.
    He intentionally had 22 different pens because he wanted to give one to each of the main congressional supporters of the bill... or something like that
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... care-law/1

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    oh i see.
    thanks for explaining.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    While we are at it we should probably give the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants amnesty and then they can have free health care as well. This will be a complete and total disaster just like social security and medicaid/medicare. Spend Spend Spend away your children's future. We can just print more money right... or just raise taxes.
    whgarrett wrote:
    While we are at it we should probably give the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants amnesty and then they can have free health care as well. This will be a complete and total disaster just like social security and medicaid/medicare. Spend Spend Spend away your children's future. We can just print more money right... or just raise taxes.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/twenty ... t-hr-3200/

Claim: Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.

False. That’s simply not what the bill says at all. This page includes "SEC. 152. PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE," which says that "[e]xcept as otherwise explicitly permitted by this Act and by subsequent regulations consistent with this Act, all health care and related services (including insurance coverage and public health activities) covered by this Act shall be provided without regard to personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services." However, the bill does explicitly say that illegal immigrants can’t get any government money to pay for health care. Page 143 states: "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States." And as we’ve said before, current law prohibits illegal immigrants from participating in government health care programs.

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    and it begins