Healthcare Reform has passed through Congress

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
healthcare for all for the common good! i'm happy premiums will stop rising and actually reflect people's salary or lack thereof (thus preventing another bailout/ecomomic disaster). Healthy people means working people. God bless you, Mr Obama. and God bless the United States of America.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnarionKingAnarionKing Posts: 170
    I would like to say congratulations to all americans who has been denied health care insurance because they have health problems, and all those who couldn't afford insurance before.

Change is scary, but it has been quite sickening to see how so many wealthy and middle class americans has been opposed to something that will finally give proper health care to people that have needed it but haven't gotten it.

I love how children now will be able to get insurance even though they already have some form of disease, and that kids is also covered by their parents' insurance up to the age of 26 years old.

This is the first step away from a system that has been based on greed and profit.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    quite probably one of the greatest things America will ever do. I sincerely mean that.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    hopefully it will prove the fear mongerers and biased media wrong...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    dunkman wrote:
    quite probably one of the greatest things America will ever do. I sincerely mean that.

I agree

but what the hell is up with your avatar, that's scary :o
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    haffajappa wrote:
    hopefully it will prove the fear mongerers and biased media wrong...
    eh... the people that hate it most wont really see any benefit unless they get seriously sick... if anything they'll just see their taxes go up :?

the mentality of those people though equates to "well i dont need health insurance cause i've never been sick"...

lets just hope the lower class that this helps the most is out in big numbers come november

NOW GET ON TO EDUCATION REFORM!! seems like that should be a little harder to play the partisan bullshit... right?....... :roll:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i think the .gov should

when i'm born - provide me with a silver spoon to feed me the food they will provide me for life
    when i turn 16 - provide me with a car
    when i turn 18 - provide me with a house
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Davidtrios wrote:
    healthcare for is for the common good! i'm happy premiums will stop rising and actually reflect people's salary or lack thereof (thus preventing another bailout/ecomomic dissater). Healthy people means working people. God bless you, Mr Obama. and God bless the United States of America.

Healthcare had nothing to do with the bailout. The bailout was because shitty business people made shitty choices to give shitty loans to stupid people who didn't deserve them. If you make stupid choices like that in business you deserve to go out of business. Banks, car companies, etc.

The government is basically telling people what to do here. Basically being your parent. I thought I moved out of my house 10 years ago.

If I was making $250K a year I'd be bullshit about this too. Why should I give up more of my hard earned money to other people to pay for their insurance?

Trust me, I'm for reform but this is not the way to do it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Can this thread be moved please?
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    sweet.......now i no longer need to worry about all of the big macs and cigarettes.

now if we could just get the federal government to implement a program that says wealthy muscians and public school teachers be paid an equal salary.

i am not entitled enough.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    sweet.......now i no longer need to worry about all of the big macs and cigarettes.

now if we could just get the federal government to implement a program that says wealthy muscians and public school teachers be paid an equal salary.

i am not entitled enough.
    wow... a knock at public school teachers?... class act :roll:

i only speak about, that which i know.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i only speak about, that which i know.
    well as a future educator i can tell ya where to stick "what you know"

i hope education reform is the next order of business... nothing against immigration reform... but theres more immediate, universal problems that need fixing... education in this country is a disgrace

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Today is a good day.

Now onto solving the real root of our problems, the working genitalia of complete morons.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    what?

you think teachers should be paid more than muscians?
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Today is a good day.

Now onto solving the real root of our problems, the working genitalia of complete morons.
    oh im sure we have enough "baby killers" around to purge their moronic spawn from our godless liberal nation 8-)

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Today is a good day.

oh im sure we have enough "baby killers" around to purge their moronic spawn from our godless liberal nation 8-)

:lol:

Maybe if I was in charge...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    ajedigecko wrote:
    what?

you think teachers should be paid more than muscians?
    i get that it was an exaggeration... but its certainly not a sense of entitlement that makes me say teachers should be paid more than they are now... with the exception of medical professions, i cant think of a more essential job... we cant afford to be cutting jobs and closing schools at the rate we are, already so far behind so many competing nations

what is the first aspect of education you will address?
    ajedigecko wrote:
    more hot lunch days... those were always my favorite

there are tons of teachers around me make 6 figures...that's plenty IMO
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ajedigecko wrote:
    more hot lunch days... those were always my favorite
    the good ol days of chili and cinnamon roll....anyways, sounds like you may be the superintendant soon, with that program.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Can someone please briefly explain to me what this approved plan entails?
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    ajedigecko wrote:

Didn't you already have that? I mean with the way the US system was before if you walked into a hospital having a heart attack, even if you were dirt poor, they still were required to treat you even if it meant bypass or angioplasty or whatever. If you died before you could pay it off, tax payers ate the bill even if it was for a really expensive surgery. Wouldn't it make more sense for tax payers to pay to make sure that the guy eating big macs and smoking can get regular check ups and advice from a doctor, which costs nothing and could prevent the need for that expensive surgery down the road.
    teachers making 100K........now i understand why schools would be closing in your area.

the median salary in our district is 45K.
    it's a pdf file, so i can't do a lot of analysis on it....

i believe the high was 112000. they we pay anouther 12K in pension and then a 6% retirement bonus (not sure what this is)

then there is medical....alot of them are getting 18K in medical benifits.

yes there alot making substantially less than 100K as well.

my biggest peeve is the pension. 10%?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i agree with the pension process.....many educators in our district will retire and then go teach in another district. they call it double dipping.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    what was up with obama's pen when he was trying to sign the thing? :lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Can someone please briefly explain to me what this approved plan entails?

got this of an email.
    yes i am a dork. i signed up for those mass emails frrom DC.

The bill just signed puts Americans in charge of our own health care by enacting three key changes:

It establishes the toughest patient protections in history.

It guarantees all Americans affordable health insurance options, extending coverage to 32 million who are currently uninsured.

And it reduces the cost of care -- cutting over 1 trillion dollars from the federal deficit over the next two decades.

To ensure a successful, stable transition, many of these changes will phase into full effect over the next several years.

But for millions of Americans, many of the benefits of reform will begin this year -- some even taking effect this afternoon. Here are just a few examples:

Small businesses will receive significant tax cuts, this year, to help them afford health coverage for all their employees.

Seniors will receive a rebate to reduce drug costs not yet covered under Medicare.

Young people will be allowed coverage under their parents' plan until the age of 26.

Early retirees will receive help to reduce premium costs.

Children will be protected against discrimination on the basis of medical history.

Uninsured Americans with pre-existing conditions can join a special high-risk pool to get the coverage they need, starting in just 90 days.

Insured Americans will be protected from seeing their insurance revoked when they get sick, or facing restrictive annual limits on the care they receive.

All Americans will benefit from significant new investments to train primary care doctors, nurses, and public health professionals, and the creation of state-level consumer assistance programs to help all patients understand and defend our new rights.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Apparently thirteen states are planning on suing the federal government claiming that the healthcare thing is unconstitutional.
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    dunkman wrote:
    +1
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper