no wonder the midwest and south get left out.

2»

Comments

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    MrSmith wrote:

plus they could swallow their pride and play smaller venues. but that wont happen.

like LA last year?

oops
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    And if the people in the east had to travel to the midwest or southern shows the shows would sell out
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    doompony wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    plus they could swallow their pride and play smaller venues. but that wont happen.

Exactly this is the point.
    When all those people from NY or Boston brag about their shows selling out fast, they should think about the fact that these are areas with a population of millions of people.
    When the band plays less populated areas, they can still play smaller venues which will sell out for sure.

...they played in auckland and sold out 35K really quickly.. the population of the entire country is 4 million....
    Yeah but everyone came to meet Mr. Snuggleton (and you and Ziggy of course ;) )
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    That or maybe they should play an outstanding show in the South, rather than just showing up. i.e. Little Rock in 2003. I was very disappointed with that show.

Really? I went to five shows that tour, and that was my second favorite, next to San Antonio.

Sleight of Hand, Light Years, I Believe In Miracles, Fortunate Son, Kids Are Alright ... it was seriously one of the best shows I've ever been to, and I've been to 19 all-time.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Smellyman wrote:
    looks pretty kick ass to me

06/10/03 – Alltel Arena: Little Rock, AR

support act: Idlewild

set: Arc, Save You, Animal, Grievance, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Cropduster, Even Flow, Light Years, Lukin, Insignificance, You Are, Thumbing My Way, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Alive, Do The Evolution
    enc 1: Given To Fly, I Believe In Miracles, Elderly Woman, Sleight Of Hand, Fortunate Son
    enc 2: The Kids Are Alright, Last Kiss, Baba O’Riley
    notes: Unusual ‘Arc’ opener. After ‘Corduroy,’ Ed greets the crowd: “How’s everybody in Little Rock? You sound like big rock. Is there such a thing as big rock?” He dedicates the show to Damien, Jason and Jessie, holding up a banner from the crowd that says “Free WM3.” He adds, “Next time we play, we want them to be right there.” Ed chats about the great crew and how hot the southwestern shows have been but how they’ve appreciated the great response. He jokes that there is a single guy watching and masturbating to “Three’s Company” in a skybox, and that this is his segue into a “sensitive song” leading to ‘Thumbing My Way.’ Long ‘SIFL’ tag, including modified lyrics. Returning for the encore, Ed speaks about the West Memphis Three again and how they are trying to support them. Later, “This is one we only do when we feel real comfortable,” leads to ‘Sleight Of Hand.’ Returning for the second encore, Ed praises the crowd for “being so much better than Texas” and says their president was better than the one that came from Texas, too. He talks about the trucks and how there is one just to carry their (the band’s) opinions. He also discusses the Pete Townshend situation and how the media wrongly portrayed him (and that he has been cleared) and then proceeds to play a solo version of ‘The Kids Are Alright’ for Pete. After ‘Baba,’ Mike changes guitars and looks ready to play another song but Ed says goodnight and rest of the band goes off stage. Good spirits, good energy.

It really was. I still listen to that boot all the time. Lots of little gems in there that I've not heard live either before or since.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do