why now u dont bitching??

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i think today, the south has a reason to bitch...it baffles me as to why they continue to ignore them...it can't be political because that's just childish
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    the board didn't use to be this way...sure there were complainers but in general everybody was pretty positive

the porch is a shithole now
    wasnt like this for sure..now i dont know,,make me sad

I thought I was the only one that thought this...that's why I'm here most of the time....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    norm wrote:
    i think today, the south has a reason to bitch...it baffles me as to why they continue to ignore them...it can't be political because that's just childish
    seriously?can be the reason political??why?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    norm wrote:

the south is very conservative...george w bush is from texas...i don't think this is the reason but honestly i can't think of another reason as to why they won't go there...surely they can sell out one or two shows there
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    the board didn't use to be this way...sure there were complainers but in general everybody was pretty positive

the porch is a shithole now
    wasnt like this for sure..now i dont know,,make me sad

I thought I was the only one that thought this...that's why I'm here most of the time....

the porch has become lord of the flies
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

the south is very conservative...george w bush is from texas...i don't think this is the reason but honestly i can't think of another reason as to why they won't go there...surely they can sell out one or two shows there
    oh..i didnt know about Bush,but the fans have nothing to do with that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    oh..i didnt know about Bush,but the fans have nothing to do with that..

of course not which is why i don't think it can be that...it's really confusing
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    norm wrote:
    the porch has become lord of the flies

yes, I am almost afraid to admit openly there that I want to go to see an Ed solo show.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509

:shock:
    Oh my God I will never hear that song again without thinking of this reference.
    :shock: :lol: :?

really? lol because i got the reference off of this board from somebody a long time ago. i thought everybody has heard of that. and how evenflow is the pee break song at concerts. thought that was common knowledge. :lol:

hmmm so the south got the shaft again huh. i'm in VA and pj comes here plenty i think....thou ed seems pissed in his rantings when he's here.
    DUDE, RELAX. VIRGINIA ISN'T THE DEEP SOUTH!
    to me i don't think that's why the south is forgotten about. ....but if Ed acts like that in VA???
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I don't even go on the porch anymore. Haven't in a long time. Men whining is a total turnoff :roll: I get my updates from the main page or from my husband. I don't have the patience for the bitching. I just think that people who have the luxury to get THAT upset about ticket prices, venues, blah blah blah must be living pretty good lives.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    I don't even go on the porch anymore. Haven't in a long time. Men whining is a total turnoff :roll: I get my updates from the main page or from my husband. I don't have the patience for the bitching. I just think that people who have the luxury to get THAT upset about ticket prices, venues, blah blah blah must be living pretty good lives.

It seems like everyone is living in the now. Even though I've saved up for PJ20, I know there won't be enough tickets to go around. I'm fully prepared for the consequences if I end up not getting a ticket. It sucks, but I don't plan on buying the farm anytime soon, so I know there will be more opportunities down the road to see PJ. It just cracks me up these people that have been members for 15 years that say they're letting their membership lapse because Eddie is playing in Philly and not Pittsburgh. :roll:

Sometimes I get like a lost puppy on this board. I wander around too much and end up on the porch, and then immediately regret my decision to do so.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Big Drop wrote:

It seems like everyone is living in the now. Even though I've saved up for PJ20, I know there won't be enough tickets to go around. I'm fully prepared for the consequences if I end up not getting a ticket. It sucks, but I don't plan on buying the farm anytime soon, so I know there will be more opportunities down the road to see PJ. It just cracks me up these people that have been members for 15 years that say they're letting their membership lapse because Eddie is playing in Philly and not Pittsburgh. :roll:

Sometimes I get like a lost puppy on this board. I wander around too much and end up on the porch, and then immediately regret my decision to do so.
    I've wandered onto the Porch a few times...and AMT :shock: but I try to stick to the AET where people are more...normal :think: :lol: I started posting here because I have LOVED Pearl Jam for 20 years...and there's still nothing quite like being at a live show. But going on the Porch just started making me feel all bitter and annoyed, so I'll let others visit and share the tales of their travels :lol:

I certainly understand disappointment. I feel for the people who don't have any shows in their area and don't have the money to travel or don't want to have to travel. I have gotten shut out of my share of shows. I remember in '05 I got shut out of both Borgata shows and the 10c sale for Philly and finally got tix through the public on sale - literally the worst seats in the house!!! I was on the highest level allll the way in the back and I was THRILLED! That's still one of my favorite shows. I don't camp and I'm not a fan of festivals, but I'll try for PJ20 tix and will deal with whatever getting them or not getting them means. It just makes me realize there are a whole lot of people who need a big dose of perspective. I know way too many people who wish their biggest concern was bitching about a concert.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    norm wrote:

Atlanta, Memphis, Nashville happened last year. He could have played a show in every state, and still the inevitable would happen.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    remember folks, this is THE don't bitching thread! :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

So does that mean we are supposed to be bitching or not bitching? I'm still confused :? :lol: Cause I've got plenty to bitch about...but none of it is PJ related. The day I dread is the day there are no more tours or records. Then I'll be bitching big time :(

CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Atlanta, Memphis, Nashville happened last year. He could have played a show in every state, and still the inevitable would happen.

no i know...i guess my point is does he need to do 4 shows in so cal? i realize the population etc but maybe just one la and add dallas...it's just interesting to me is all :)

yeah, sorry, i didn't mean to get all serious here but i just had to vent ;):)

here's one of the lovely spots to stay while in the great state of wisconsin

262924889.jpg

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:

no i know...i guess my point is does he need to do 4 shows in so cal? i realize the population etc but maybe just one la and add dallas...it's just interesting to me is all :)

No waves in Dallas ;) I do feel bad for southeners, and I am spoiled for living in NY. Not hating on Alpine, but I'd prefer PJ20 in Texas. It would be ironic, and I like BBQ :mrgreen:
    true there are no waves in dallas...do they have a really kickass water park? :lol::lol:

and if you think about it, dallas is just as much "in the middle the country" as alpine...i wonder if that might make up for some of the rejection they've received that past few years :think:
    norm wrote:
    true there are no waves in dallas...do they have a really kickass water park? :lol::lol:

and if you think about it, dallas is just as much "in the middle the country" as alpine...i wonder if that might make up for some of the rejection they've received that past few years :think:

I'm sure Jerry's world has to have one....or 30. :)
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:

i think a lot of people here heads would explode if they played in that place :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:

i think a lot of people here heads would explode if they played in that place :lol:

Can't say I'd like that...
    wasnt suggesting that place. A GA field somewhere would be ideal

your head exploding or playing in jerry's jerkoff palace? or both?? :shock:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    wasnt suggesting that place. A GA field somewhere would be ideal

:lol: i know
    norm wrote:

Well I'm down with JJP,yeah you know me...
    norm wrote:

Whats goin on man, hows the new establishment going? Havent said hello since Hartford/Boston last year.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Whats goin on man, hows the new establishment going? Havent said hello since Hartford/Boston last year.

How are ya? At the "establishment" now, having a beer listening to some acoustic music...life could be worse.
    good for you Dissident! I'm sick of working for the man and would love to do something for myself soon.

I'm having a jack n coke with Sen, she says we are driving up for a beer after 8-) .....well after I sober up. Going to Tres Mts tomorrow, you gonna go to the Boston show?
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    good for you Dissident! I'm sick of working for the man and would love to do something for myself soon.

I'm having a jack n coke with Sen, she says we are driving up for a beer after 8-) .....well after I sober up. Going to Tres Mts tomorrow, you gonna go to the Boston show?

Hey Sen! I'm not going to the Boston show... gotta pick my priorities! Have fun at the show...