Got MSG!! Need a Wheelchair Rental place!!

13»

Comments

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited March 2010
    thanks Jeanwah for posting that. :)
    i'm not the only disabled pj fan out there. i wish more people would speak up. oh but don't speak up. don't let people know you're disabled.... no no can't let them know.....it's a shameful thing to be disabled

i get the joke
    there's just another side to it that's all.

what's funny is kramer karma. :lol:
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    MSG took my tickets back the last time they played.
    I miss igotid88
  • kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    the fucked up thing is that i was gonna surprise that fan who really is in a wheelchair by getting him tickets but it looks like pillow pants got the last wheelchair accessible spot. unbelievable. krama is a bitch.

um... have you completely read this thread?

um. yes. can you believe the nerve of this guy?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    the fucked up thing is that i was gonna surprise that fan who really is in a wheelchair by getting him tickets but it looks like pillow pants got the last wheelchair accessible spot. unbelievable. krama is a bitch.

um... have you completely read this thread?

um. yes. can you believe the nerve of this guy?

shit..... got me on krama ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • OK...let me just jump in and say i know this Pillow Pants guy and he is not an asshole....infact he was just mimicking a dude in another thread who said he was going to get a wheelchair so he could get a wheelchair ticket for MSG...i saw that thread too......Pillow was just fucking around so you can all stop being so damn sensitive!!

He is not making fun of handicap people and he is not belittling your accident Jean...we all wish you a speedy recovery.

but telling a guy Karma is going to get him for not having a stick up his ass??...i mean...come on!!

I have a bong hit for whoever needs one! :mrgreen:
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    talking about a thread taking a wrong turn...............

Hey pillow pants ....... i got a wheelchair for you to barrow ....i stole it from a 80 year old manchild last year to attend the hartford show... cool thing is , He had a little compartment on the side for a flask ...

ITS CALLED COMEDY PEOPLE ...........
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    can the MODS just lock this please ...so people dont get the panties in a bunch over nothing
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    edited March 2010
    i didn't call anybody an asshole.
    (that’s your conscience telling you you’re an asshole that you're hearing) ;):lol:

It really makes me chuckle......

There’s this thread going on and at the same time a sympathy thread for a guy in a wheelchair who was violently beaten.

Ha! Life trips me out.

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    joe2468 wrote:
    can the MODS just lock this please ...so people dont get the panties in a bunch over nothing
    it's not "nothing". if you have never been in a wheelchair or with a person who truly needs a wheelchair, you just won't understand. i know the op started this thread as a joke, but to handicapped people, it is NOT funny. oh, and does the op will want to park in a handicapped parking space? please lock this thread.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    joe2468 wrote:

free bostonlou!!!

there... now they can lock it up ;)
    edited March 2010
    I’m all for comedy with people with disabilities. I have a sense of humor. Take for example Carlos Mencia’s bit. Have you seen it? I love it! During the bit he explains that he knows a guy with a disability for real. Yes he pokes fun but at the same time he sheds light on what it means to be disabled. that’s the difference for me. if somebody honestly knows about disability and can use it to teach people that don’t know, I’m all for it. I chimed in because there was none of that. You can joke about an abled-bodied person using ADA seats all you want, I don’t care. My message to you is how funny can that be if it’s true? What you’re joking about actually happens. do you know that? But comedy is flicked. While you laugh about what the OP said I’m laughing over how some people react to a person with a real disability.

I want to thank Kat for not locking this thread just yet so I can advocate.

EDIT: god damn!...i can't spell. lol

• cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    This thread=FAIL
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
    Who was the original person that made I’m going to take an ADA seat joke?
    Did he/she post in this thread?

and if this gets locked i'm ok with it. :)
    that's me....always stirring up trouble.

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    What would this guy say?????

Larry_David_photo.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/10/curb-your-enthusiasm-wendy-wheelchair.html

Anyone handicapped or not who didn't find this episode funny needs to have their head examined.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/10/curb-your-enthusiasm-wendy-wheelchair.html

Anyone handicapped or not who didn't find this episode funny needs to have their head examined.

sounds funny.
    i'd like to see the actual episode thou.

.....wheelchair was hidden under the table when they first met.....
    lol
    sounds like that one episode of saved by the bell.
    anybody remember that?

'Larry spied another disabled woman, Wendy, and got out of the car to see if she knew Denise, figuring that all disabled people would know each other'

i get that a lot too.
    no we don't all know each other.

:roll:
    :lol:

See I usually don’t mind comedians poking fun at disabilities because usually they do it in a way that opens people’s eyes up to how silly the world is. That’s what comedians do. The attitude towards people with disabilities is ridiculous. It needs to be poked at because it’s so ridiculous. Comedians know how twisted the world is. But not any joe blow can crack jokes about people with disabilities and be funny. There’s an art to it.
    But with everything I believe, there is a line. And I will speak up if I feel offended.

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187

sounds funny.
    i'd like to see the actual episode thou.

.....wheelchair was hidden under the table when they first met.....
    lol
    sounds like that one episode of saved by the bell.
    anybody remember that?

'Larry spied another disabled woman, Wendy, and got out of the car to see if she knew Denise, figuring that all disabled people would know each other'

i get that a lot too.
    no we don't all know each other.

:roll:
    :lol:

See I usually don’t mind comedians poking fun at disabilities because usually they do it in a way that opens people’s eyes up to how silly the world is. That’s what comedians do. The attitude towards people with disabilities is ridiculous. It needs to be poked at because it’s so ridiculous. Comedians know how twisted the world is. But not any joe blow can crack jokes about people with disabilities and be funny. There’s an art to it.
    But with everything I believe, there is a line. And I will speak up if I feel offended.

Either way you get the last laugh, since you sat front row last time pearl jam was in town :D
    edited March 2010
    :mrgreen:

*highfives to mandi!*

thanks for the support girlfriend. ;)

one of the best nights of my life baby.
    http://www.ivykennedy.com/concerts/pjCONCERT.htm

• one of the best night if my life baby.

nice English....you from Greece too? ;):mrgreen::lol::lol::lol:
    nope the good ol USA! :mrgreen:

..... baby

lol i see now.....
    damn i get so excited on here i can't type. :lol:

kramer karma baby!

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    nope the good ol USA! :mrgreen:

..... baby

lol i see now.....
    damn i get so excited on here i can't type. :lol:

kramer karma baby!

Gee, I had to find out from your FB that there was a thread going on about this... but glad it turned out it was a joke in respond to another thread... 'cause I would have raised hell along with you.

I'm glad others don't see this as an okay thing to do....

It's bad enough that a lot of those limited allocated ADA seats get robbed so fast by people who DONT need them in the first place. It is very difficult getting ADA seats these days.

One interpreter told me that he was so excited that he was requested for Robin Williams show because of the ADA seats...and then when he arrived there, they all were hearing people. :P All they did was requesting for the seats allocated for the deaf/hard-of-hearing. He felt so awkward and thought it was so wrong of them.

But it happens a lot... and yeah, thanks to Kat for not closing this thread yet....even though I'm late to game. :) Was more worried about Bobby cutting his hair off. lol.

Your proposal to having an ADA card is a very interesting discussion... got me thinking.... it's like.... we got ADA law.... now we gotta do more work to prove ourselves of the access we need.... yet, we need something like that... I think this is something we should bring up to our community meetings.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    IamMine wrote:
    Your proposal to having an ADA card is a very interesting discussion... got me thinking.... it's like.... we got ADA law.... now we gotta do more work to prove ourselves of the access we need.... yet, we need something like that... I think this is something we should bring up to our community meetings.

hey anyway you heard about this is fine with me. :)
    thanks for the support.

i mean some don't realize how hard people with disabilities fought for those ADA seats. (this is part the reason why i advocate for disability rights & history to be taught in school. http://www.gopetition.com/online/33286.html http://apps.facebook.com/causes/395159/97706668 )
    i can't even buy online ADA seats on ticketbasterd. the reason: too many fakers.
    fakers are taking away my rights!

good idea. i try to go to a lot of meetings having to do with disabilities. i need to remember to add it to my LONG list of suggestions. lol

this 'joke' inspired me to start an ADA ID card discussion on a chat board for people with disabilities.
    read here: http://www.disaboomlive.com/forums/t/50797.aspx
    i like pg 3 especially. ;)

Was more worried about Bobby cutting his hair off. lol. .........of the ADA seats...and then when he arrived there, they all were hearing people.....
    i hope he didn't! :lol:

what if a person who is deaf is also a wheelchair user?
    that combo needs ADA seats.

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743

hey anyway you heard about this is fine with me. :)
    thanks for the support.

i mean some don't realize how hard people with disabilities fought for those ADA seats. (this is part the reason why i advocate for disability rights & history to be taught in school)
    i can't even buy online ADA seats on ticketbasterd. the reason: too many fakers.
    fakers are taking away my rights!

Same here...you'd think it'd make things a lot easier when they have a separate group for me on TicketBastard page for purchases.... nope! I had like six different customer service reps getting back to me from TB on the interpreter situation... for Ed solo show, they said "we don't do this stuff... and neither does the venue" *mutters, cursing*

I got off the wrong foot with the Ryman folks... explaining to the wrong people who kept giving the phone to their supervisor, then on to another department, then to another person.........*groans* No wonder nobody wants to put up with this shit! AND then dealing with the interpreters/agencies. FUCK!

Fakers could just simply say "Thanks!" done deal. Assholes.
    good idea. i try to go to a lot of meetings having to do with disabilities. i need to remember to add it to my LONG list of suggestions. lol

:P Lots of suggestions that haven't been followed up, I'm sure... or still arguing about it.... I resigned my position with the official organization...too much to deal with right now with personal changes and dealing with the issues/people, especially those who..never mind... *sigh*
    this 'joke' inspired me to start an ADA ID card discussion on a chat board for people with disabilities.
    read here: http://www.disaboomlive.com/forums/t/50797.aspx
    i like pg 3 especially. ;)

Right on.

i hope he didn't! :lol:

I got an extension...at least after MSG1, then I gotta think of something else to delay him even further! ;)
    what if a person who is deaf is also a wheelchair user?
    that combo needs ADA seats.

Ooof. I imagine it would be much MORE difficult... it's bad enough when I have to argue with the managers about the position placement of the interpreters... they always say "we don't want to distract the paying patrons...so ..."

Excuse me? Oh shit... that's right, I got my tickets through United Way! Damn! How'd you know that?! </sarcasm>

Seriously, I do understand how it can distract others...but here's the thing... it is something that they are not used to in order to filter them out, like they do with other people or distractions like ushers, security guards, press people, photographers, hell even those fancy stage lights, the list goes on.... people program themselves to filter them out to focus on important things they want to see/hear/feel....

Ahh... *adds this suggestion to the list for the next board meeting where I can just make public comment as a private citizen, winks*
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i noticed that MSG sold a bunch of Wheelchair seats the other day. And now sadly they're on ebay. I guess they are only required to have them for sale for so long??

oh... and i designed a shirt to try to make up for any offense i may have made with this thread

although i don't know if you will find this funny or not

so... let me know and i'll delete if necessary

front.jpg

:mrgreen: ?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    i noticed that MSG sold a bunch of Wheelchair seats the other day. And now sadly they're on ebay. I guess they are only required to have them for sale for so long??

oh... and i designed a shirt to try to make up for any offense i may have made with this thread

although i don't know if you will find this funny or not

so... let me know and i'll delete if necessary

front.jpg

:mrgreen: ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,842
    WTF is krama?

:?: :?: :lol::lol:
    two thumbs up for pillowpants!!

Mel, I’m with you babe.
    ‘distractions?’ wtf! You made an excellent point there with that.
    LIKE YOU DON’T PAY! How insulting!

I hope bobby holds out that long. Hehehe

Yeah arguing. It wastes time.
    Nobody seemed to really dig my ADA ID idea.
    Well fine do YOU have any ideas? No, you rather sit there and rip my idea apart. I mean really! Just do something. Stop arguing and lets think of a better idea.