Options

St Louis Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties

Comments

• Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I will be there, and I am happy to volunteer!! I too am coming in from KC, so don't know when we'll arrive, but I will be there to help at some point!

Looking forward to seeing St.Louis!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    count me and my husband in :D

Ill donate 1 San Diego 2009 poster, Mindi can you PM me your address so I can ship it to you? i'd rather not travel with it or take the risk of getting on the place and leaving the poster at home - LOL
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    count me and my husband in :D

Ill donate 1 San Diego 2009 poster, Mindi can you PM me your address so I can ship it to you? i'd rather not travel with it or take the risk of getting on the place and leaving the poster at home - LOL
    Sweet! I'll pm you now. And THANKS!!!!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited March 2010
    Come on St.Louis area fans and fans that are going to the show...Represent by going to the pre party...It is for a great cause...Pearl Jam hasn't played STL since 04....Love to see around 40 to 50 fans at the pre party or even more..
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options
    Ben_MBen_M Posts: 12
    I think I have been to 3-4 shows here since 94
    Lolla 92, St Louis 94, New Orleans 95, St Louis 98, Missoula 98, St Louis 2000, St Louis 2003, St Louis 2004, Chicago 2009
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I attended a show in 2003 at the Scott Trade Center (then it was Savvis Center), and then there was the 2004 Vote for Change Concert at Fox Theater. Didn't they also play St. Lou in 2000? Jeremy, can't believe you missed all those shows.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    We are getting a lot of great donations from people coming to the party but I would love to get some other stuff too. Anyone have any ideas of what? Or anyone I can contact? I would love to raise a lot of money for TTTS. I know you all know this but we lost one of our twins when she was just three years old due to complications of TTTS. Here is a link to the TTTS Foundation website http://www.tttsfoundation.org/

Would love some ideas of stuff you would like to see raffled off or auctioned off.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I attended a show in 2003 at the Scott Trade Center (then it was Savvis Center), and then there was the 2004 Vote for Change Concert at Fox Theater. Didn't they also play St. Lou in 2000? Jeremy, can't believe you missed all those shows.

Hi Riverrunner,

I meant 04 in my post..I have seen every pearl jam show 98 in Stl..

Jeremy
  • Options
    emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    I'm in for some pre Pearl Jam partying!
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,624
    I will be coming in to St. Louis for the show and will def check out the pre-party.

I will PM you with my donation offer once I check my stash of PJ goodies.
  • Options
    Added everyone so far I think.
    Bumping this back to page one!! We are working so hard on this party!! :mrgreen: I think it is going to be sooo much fun!
  • Options
    I will probably show up for a while. I am coming from the KC show, so I don't know when I'll be there.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    mindi wrote:
    We are getting a lot of great donations from people coming to the party but I would love to get some other stuff too. Anyone have any ideas of what? Or anyone I can contact? I would love to raise a lot of money for TTTS. I know you all know this but we lost one of our twins when she was just three years old due to complications of TTTS. Here is a link to the TTTS Foundation website http://www.tttsfoundation.org/

Would love some ideas of stuff you would like to see raffled off or auctioned off.

I would definitely get in contact with local businesses - tattoo parlors, clothing, electronic, restaurants, event-y type places, bowling alleys, etc. and see if they are willing to donate and 'sponsor' the event!

I have a special goodie I will be bringing down for raffle, but it's a surprise :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    mindi wrote:

I would definitely get in contact with local businesses - tattoo parlors, clothing, electronic, restaurants, event-y type places, bowling alleys, etc. and see if they are willing to donate and 'sponsor' the event!

I have a special goodie I will be bringing down for raffle, but it's a surprise :D
    :mrgreen: Ohhhhh SWEET!!!
  • Options
    CF181594CF181594 Posts: 73
    Me and my girlfriend will show up after she gets off work..I will also be coming back that day from the KC show..This will be my first pre-party/fundraiser for Pearl Jam..Can't wait to meet all of you!!..

Plus, I may be able to get donations from a buddy who runs a bowling alley in St. Louis through Brunswick.
  • Options
    CF181594 wrote:
    Me and my girlfriend will show up after she gets off work..I will also be coming back that day from the KC show..This will be my first pre-party/fundraiser for Pearl Jam..Can't wait to meet all of you!!..

Plus, I may be able to get donations from a buddy who runs a bowling alley in St. Louis through Brunswick.
    That would be a neat donation!!

Adding you to the RSVP list :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ahydellahydell Rocky Mtn High Posts: 40
    see you all there!
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    I'll be there +3 Mindi!!
    "What is this, the stage diving Olympics"?
  • Options
    Bumping this off of page 5.

I hope to see so many people there!! Emaline, Melissa and me are working really hard to make this a great party and fundraiser.

Just want to post again that all money we raise is going to TTTS, twin to twin transfusion syndrome foundation. I lost my sweet Eleanore when she was just 3 years old from complications of TTTS.
    This is her about 2 months before she passed away.
    5855_122302703326_709273326_3034-1.jpg

I would love to find someone who could make us a banner, or knows of someone that could. You can pm me or Melissa, ozarkcoolchic.

THANKS!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    How sweet. She's your angel isn't she? Thanks for posting her picture.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    How sweet. She's your angel isn't she? Thanks for posting her picture.
    She is. And doing this fundraiser has been so bittersweet, it makes me think of her all the time. Not that I don't anyway. The past few days I have been listening to this, makes me think of her.

i've got our love to remember
    that will never change
    i have you in my head
    and no, i'll never hold you
    and i'm still asking why
    i guess that this is goodbye

my dreams suddenly seem so empty
    i could go on my own, but i feel like playin' dead
    and for what feels like the first time
    i don't know where you are tonight
    i guess that this is goodbye

we lived half our lives together
    a hundred years is a lot of weight to bear
    and the sun, it may be shining
    there's an ocean in my eyes
    cause i know that this is goodbye
    cause i know that this.. is goodbye

And to try to keep this on topic, we are working on some sweet St Louis places hoping we get some nice donations. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    will be there. comin' in from kc...anyone else taking amtrak?
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    will be there. comin' in from kc...anyone else taking amtrak?

We are coming from Southern Illinois and are taking AmTrak from St. Louis to KC and then back to St. Louis cuz we are too lazy to drive. We are thinking we could nap during the trip back to St. Lou and be refreshed for the party/concert that night.
  • Options
    Contacted so many people yesterday about donations, hopefully we'll hear back this week. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I'm in for the show thanks to the generous Teddyledbetter.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Posting the facebook link again. Thanks Melissa for making the page for us :mrgreen:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/eve ... 115&ref=mf
  • Options
    jfarishjfarish Posts: 37
    I will be there, maybe w/+1. Looking forward to my first pre-party!
    Official sponsor of the "PJ__" Campaign (does it matter what year?  --let's just celebrate anyway!)
  • Options
    CF181594CF181594 Posts: 73
    mindi wrote:
    Contacted so many people yesterday about donations, hopefully we'll hear back this week. :mrgreen:

Mindi,

I talked to my buddy who runs Brunswick bowling in Manchester and he was able to give me a donation..Here is what he was able to get for me..

2 Family Value Fun Passes, 2 hours of bowling, shoes, and pitcher of soft drinks on each pass. Each pass is valued at 54.99.

Chris
  • Options
    CF181594 wrote:
    mindi wrote:

Mindi,

I talked to my buddy who runs Brunswick bowling in Manchester and he was able to give me a donation..Here is what he was able to get for me..

2 Family Value Fun Passes, 2 hours of bowling, shoes, and pitcher of soft drinks on each pass. Each pass is valued at 54.99.

Chris
    Thanks Chris!! That is such a sweet donation!! I'll add it to the donations list.
    WOW THANKS!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    I'm in +1, amtracking it from central IL.