front row

2»

Comments

• BinFrog wrote:
    I certainly spend money on things some people would call me crazy for spending so much on (guitar gear, CDs, PJ tours, etc). But I am doing 5 PJ shows, including 2 nights at a not-so-cheap NYC hotel and it won't cost me $1600 total.

You know what, if you think that is money well spent and it won't break the bank, do what you want and don't listen to any of us.

yeah this true, everyone has their own personal value of a dollar. I spent close to the amount in question on bike, and people who thought I was nuts have spent the same or more on a TV. when it comes down to it, that $1600 is gonna be spent on SOMETHING, and pretty QUICKLY the way things are priced lately, if you've got it left over after food and rent, might as well go for it.
  • shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
    how close really is the 6th row at the tweeter center
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Hatfield wrote:
    And to Sprunkn7, getting up front at Bonnaroo is not worth it. There is a front section that you have to wait for and they limit the number of people who can go in but there are lots of spots in that field that are just as good as being up front and you have more room to move around. The sound on that field is the best of any show I've seen outdoors.

Yeah, I know about the fenced area....it was the dream of being up front that won't be realized at a GA show. I can live with it!!
    Front row with seats....now that is something else entirely.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i'm paying $120 a ticket for hartford and mansfield for supposedly 12th row give or take a few ... hope it's worth it, and the seats really turn out that good. the guy is a friend of my uncles and promised though, so ... one can hope
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    go to europe with the money...
    i like sound...
  • albawildalbawild Posts: 16
    i'm paying $120 a ticket for hartford and mansfield for supposedly 12th row give or take a few ... hope it's worth it, and the seats really turn out that good. the guy is a friend of my uncles and promised though, so ... one can hope

Wouldn't those be 10c seats?
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    albawild wrote:
    Wouldn't those be 10c seats?

don't think so .. i think it's a mix .. so there will be 10c

my 10c number is 405xxx
    see, i need 4 tickets a show.
    however, i want a shot at the 1, 2, 9, 10 rows, so i bought them
    for the other 2 tickets, i figured out i'd pay a little extra to get really good seats because my 10c tickets most likely will not be that great. then i'd give the 10c seats to my friends and i'd take the others.
    and i think they mix it up for those rows, not pure 10c
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    front row is pretty cool. but can be a little intense? lots of stuff goin on,plus
    your neck hurts like hell after from looking up. usually family and friends sit a few rows back.but if it doesnt wipe ya out theres nothing like standing in front of ed
    its cool,period.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • nicksmith33nicksmith33 Posts: 38
    Again, just like everyone else says, 1600 means something totally different to everyone. But as far as location, 6th row is pretty darn good. My first show was 6th row and I couldn't believe how it felt to be that close. Then second show was 3rd row, and honestly it didn't feel that much different. But then I hit the Holy Grail and got front row right in front of Mike. I have to say that was the most intense musical experience I've ever had, without a doubt. It was completely different, even from the 3rd row. While the eye contact and all that may not be the most important thing in the world, it is pretty friggin' cool when Mike hits a killer riff, you go crazy, and he acknowledges you and your enthusiasm. Makes it feel much more personal and like they really appreciate it. And don't forget, you also have a good shot at sharing a drink with Ed during Crazy Mary! Awesome!
    I remember during the last tour everyone bitching about the front row standing like statues and not seeming to be into the show. But they just don't understand. Front row is such a different experience that it is almost overwhelming and you are just trying to take it all in.
    I have a really good 10C # obviously and would love to be in the front row for every show, but it is pretty cool that they are giving everyone a shot at great seats with the lottery. The excitement of those seats is something that I hope each and every one of you get to experience someday. Just hopefully I'll be standing right next to you!
  • 1600 is quite high for 6th Row tickets. I've just bought 2nd Row middle floor tickets off Ebay for Camden 2 and Hartford for about $350 - $400 each and MSG night 1 4th row for $500.
    Rip Off, but stil well worth it as we all know. Ebay is the way to go though.
  • Lea0_00Lea0_00 Posts: 4
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by Lea0_00 on
  • I couldn't bring myself to pay that for guaranteed dead center rail tickets but it's all a matter what's important to you.     $1600 for 6th row seems bit ridiculous; I'd look around for other options if you have that much to spend.      
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    This thread is 11 years old.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    BinFrog said:
    Hatfield wrote:
    But you've got to admit that is pretty fucking cool.

True about the music though. I've got just as fond memories of the Memphis show in 2000 from the back of the arena as I do the Nashville show where I was 4th row. Got better pictures in Nashville.

Of of course it is cool. Unbelievably cool. But $1600 cool? No thanks. I have a ton of other things I want to be saving up for and spending money on. If I get nosebleed seats (which doesn't happen too much anymore because of 10C seats obviously) for face value I will be good to go. $1600 just seems like a ton of money for 3 hours, but then again who am I to tell anyone what to spend their money on? I certainly spend money on things some people would call me crazy for spending so much on (guitar gear, CDs, PJ tours, etc). But I am doing 5 PJ shows, including 2 nights at a not-so-cheap NYC hotel and it won't cost me $1600 total.

You know what, if you think that is money well spent and it won't break the bank, do what you want and don't listen to any of us.
    I’m impressed you can get 5 shows in for under $1600?
    That must be by yourself though? 5 pairs of tickets  alone are going to cost over $1000, then you have that NYC hotel and any other travel expenses.
  •  it's still Alive...
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    edited December 2019
    Saw Rush from the 3rd row, and was on the rail for a Midnight Oil show in 2017. 

Both were amazing experiences but, paid face for both as well.

OMG, didn't see the Necro. Sorry.
    Post edited by Whywhyzed on