front row

shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
edited April 2008 in The Porch
i really want to see this band up close am i crazy to spend 1600 on 6th row tickets and is 6th row as close as it sounds
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Come to Europe next time the band is on tour over here. I saw them three times, three times front row; ordinary, no ten club ticket. Yes, it's crazy to spend 1600 for a rock show. Have fun anyway!
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Follow your heart, not your wallet. If you can afford it, then I guess its an easy decision if that is your biggest wish. Maybe do some more research first as I think 1600 will get you closer than the 6th row.

And yeah, Europe is a good idea! Getting front row is easy as there are no seats. GA baby!
    I will swallow poison
  • VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    i feel your pain. i cant get anywhere close. im a faithfull but have a very high 10c number.
    I am questioning my education
  • save your money
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    shawndyer wrote:
    i really want to see this band up close am i crazy to spend 1600 on 6th row tickets and is 6th row as close as it sounds
    front row is INNNNTENSE!!! 6th row is close but it can seem like 15th row becuz of everyone that somehow sneaks up there with "frenz". :eek: wherever u end up......
    ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    no....if your goal is to be upfront and that is how much it takes, then you have reached your goal.

people think i am crazy because i will spend 3,000 on a bicycle. it was a goal of mine and i reached it.

personally...i would not spend that much money on a music show.

also....is that for one ticket or two?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    If you can afford it in your wallet and justify in your heart, more power to you ! If it was me , 6th row for 1600 is crazy. Then again, I have a wife to answer too, and she knows we dont have that kind of money for a concert, even if it is the Mighty PJ.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    We had our meeting Saturday night about Roo, I was asking my travel partners what they thought about trying to get up front for PJ. No one wants to wait because there will be so much other stuff going on and no one wants to be the sardine in front. They actually "laughed" at me and told me I was nuts. I should enjoy the show from afar because I will see them "close enough" with my 10c tickets. Well, I won't be close at MSG, that is a given, and Hartford maybe like 15th row. I am not complaining....that is pretty good, the best 10c seats I had in the 2006 run. But the dream of front row!!!!
    As for Bonnaroo, I will wait and see what comes Saturday night. I probably won't care about being up front when I have my great friends around me and plenty of elbow room. I am so looking forward to that weekend. The experience alone is going to be wild.
    I always wanted front row, or 2nd row, but don't have the funds to buy the asking prices. I NEVER "win" anything, and I am certainly not lucky, but I will have some anticipation when I pick up my 10c tickets this year. Maybe good Karma will strike!
    So all in all, if you could afford the ticket, why not? I would.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    6th row would be awsome but after your 3 hrs of bliss your gonna be thinking about how nice a weekend in the Bahamas might have been.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Go for the music. I've had a great time on the lawn and I've had a great time up close. Don't blow your savings just so you can see Ed's facial hair.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    BinFrog wrote:
    Go for the music. I've had a great time on the lawn and I've had a great time up close. Don't blow your savings just so you can see Ed's facial hair.

I couldn't agree more, I've been 2nd row and I've been club box (which is far away and up)

it's all about the music . . . really, it is
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    BinFrog wrote:

And to Sprunkn7, getting up front at Bonnaroo is not worth it. There is a front section that you have to wait for and they limit the number of people who can go in but there are lots of spots in that field that are just as good as being up front and you have more room to move around. The sound on that field is the best of any show I've seen outdoors.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
    I couldn't agree more, I've been 2nd row and I've been club box (which is far away and up)

it's all about the music . . . really, it is

My first show I had lawn seats, and I've had 2nd row (including right in the middle) 3 times. The memories I have are of the songs, looking at my friends during certain parts and connecting, checking out the crowd reactions, etc...not of how many times Ed made eye contact with me.
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    BinFrog wrote:
    My first show I had lawn seats, and I've had 2nd row (including right in the middle) 3 times. The memories I have are of the songs, looking at my friends during certain parts and connecting, checking out the crowd reactions, etc...not of how many times Ed made eye contact with me.

But you've got to admit that is pretty fucking cool.

True about the music though. I've got just as fond memories of the Memphis show in 2000 from the back of the arena as I do the Nashville show where I was 4th row. Got better pictures in Nashville.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    What's wrong with just being in the building? It's about hearing the music and not how many times Ed or Mike looked at you during the show. But it's your money so do what you want with it. :)
    Hatfield wrote:
    But you've got to admit that is pretty fucking cool.

True about the music though. I've got just as fond memories of the Memphis show in 2000 from the back of the arena as I do the Nashville show where I was 4th row. Got better pictures in Nashville.

Of of course it is cool. Unbelievably cool. But $1600 cool? No thanks. I have a ton of other things I want to be saving up for and spending money on. If I get nosebleed seats (which doesn't happen too much anymore because of 10C seats obviously) for face value I will be good to go. $1600 just seems like a ton of money for 3 hours, but then again who am I to tell anyone what to spend their money on? I certainly spend money on things some people would call me crazy for spending so much on (guitar gear, CDs, PJ tours, etc). But I am doing 5 PJ shows, including 2 nights at a not-so-cheap NYC hotel and it won't cost me $1600 total.

You know what, if you think that is money well spent and it won't break the bank, do what you want and don't listen to any of us.
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    What's wrong with just being in the building? It's about hearing the music and not how many times Ed or Mike looked at you during the show. But it's your money so do what you want with it. :)

To me....there IS a difference between feeling like you are seeing them like they are a bunch of dudes playing for you...like as close as you see your friend's bands etc....or seeing them where they look like ants...

Not because Mike waves or points at you...or because you can see that Ed's eyes really are a cool color...but because I (personally) feel as though I am a lot more part of the experience rather than just a spectator viewing something from the rafters.

That's me. I understand the being in the building thing. Just don't always subscribe to it. :)

I wouldn't spend $1600 for two front row tix. Maybe if I was super-loaded...but that is a lot of money for something you can get by going to a GA show and just being "crafty. " ;)

Whatever! If you are happy...Go to the show and ENJOY!!!!!!!! :)
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    To me....there IS a difference between feeling like you are seeing them like they are a bunch of dudes playing for you...like as close as you see your friend's bands etc....or seeing them where they look like ants...

Not because Mike waves or points at you...or because you can see that Ed's eyes really are a cool color...but because I (personally) feel as though I am a lot more part of the experience rather than just a spectator viewing something from the rafters.

That's me. I understand the being in the building thing. Just don't always subscribe to it.

I wouldn't spend $1600 for two front row tix. Maybe if I was super-loaded...but that is a lot of money for something you can get by going to a GA show and just being "crafty. " ;)

Whatever! If you are happy...Go to the show and ENJOY!!!!!!!! :)

I had the chance once to experience being up close. It was something I'll never forget. It's something everybody should experience at least once.

But and maybe I'm the only that feels this way. Being up front is just not for me. Neither are the rafters so somewhere in the middle is fine for me. :)

I'm happy that I don't worry where my seats are gonna be at the next show. Picking them up at the 10c window I smile everytime. Why cause I'm in the freaking building and that's perfect for me. :)

Only one other show I would love to be up front for. I'll let you figure out which show that would be. :D lol
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    1600? NO freaking way unless its PJ in a cocktail lounge with 50 people
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    Get_Right wrote:
    1600? NO freaking way unless its PJ in a cocktail lounge with 50 people
    honestly...what are you willing to pay 1600 for?
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    BinFrog wrote:

Once the music starts, I go into a zone, I can't explain it but I'm lucky I see anything that happens on stage :D
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I have a friend in Chicago who works in the stock market. He probably makes about $750,000 a year, easily. He and 4 of his friends paid about $1200 a piece to be in the 3rd row of the Chicago shows in 06. They went right to a scalper/agency type place the day before the show and paid straight cash (homey!:))

They had the time of their lives. Mind you, these aren't guys who follow the band around, but they are still big fans. He justified it by saying, "If I'm going to see them, I want to do it the right way".

If you have the money to do it, I say go for it.
  • If i could spend that kind of moolah for great seats, i would but i can't.

My third show, i hooked up with a tour buddy that apparently had a great 10c #. I didn't know that beforehand...and we ended up with third row seats! Sometimes, you don't even HAVE to spend wads of cash for great seats....just pray. A LOT :D
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    If you have the money to spend, why not? Anything in the first 10 rows is "holy ground" as i like to call it. If you want to see them close up, go for it!! You won't be sorry you did and i can think of a million worse things you could blow a grand on.

Closes ive been so far was 4th row, and it might has well of been front row to me. Couldnt really ask for much else! Let me tell you though, its different in those first ten rows;p
  • shawndyer wrote:

depends on the venue, but in general I would say yes, especially if it is an amphitheater. is that two tickets? geez, I can't believe they're going for that much.
  • shawndyershawndyer Posts: 270
    yea its 2 6th row tickets thanks for the input everyone i know its about the music and i always have an awesome time everytime i go i think im gonna go for it
  • I would definitely pay $2000 for a single ticket to see them first 5 rows. If it was 1996 or before.
    Time Machine fees and taxes included. And Ticketmaster too.

cheers
  • I am all for spending big money but $1600 does not sound like a fair price. I dont think I would pay over half of that for sixth row. $1600 sounds a bit high to me. I would shop a little more. Just some friendly advice
  • MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    bernmodi wrote:
    Come to Europe next time the band is on tour over here...

...Yes, it's crazy to spend 1600 for a rock show

So instead, pay that much just to get to the show.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • GTFLYGIRL wrote:

I agree completely. I've been in the first 10 rows 3 times (though one of those was my first show at boston garden and 9th row and I don't remember feeling like I was all that close or could see the stage well). the other 2 times, it was a totally different experience. in no way am I now spoiled and refuse to go if I have lesser seats, but there is something about the energy way up front, and being able to SEE the music being created does have it's benefits. Honestly, it's very hard to describe and I don't think I would even realize there would be a difference if I hadn't experienced it myself. but I think you hit the nail on the head that it makes you feel more part of the action. it's cool. if you have the money to spend and you want to experience it, go for it. (that being said, I haven't spent that much for upfront seats, though I did pay what I considered to be a lot at the time!)