First Concert....

2»

Comments

• i'm not religious...so a Pearl jam show is the closest i come to a religious experience!!! we are talking musical ecstasy to the point of orgasmic uphoria!! :D:D:D

AND...this may be your first....but it definitely won't be your last!! 8-)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    i'm not religious...so a Pearl jam show is the closest i come to a religious experience!!! we are talking musical ecstasy to the point of orgasmic uphoria!! :D:D:D

All true.
  • My words can't describe it. My first show was the best night of my life- hands down!
    Everything adds to it though... the crazy ass fans, the anticipation, the chaos. My friends that have gone with me that aren't huge fans, they say that they are the best they have ever seen or heard live.

Where in WI?
  • Bearfan80Bearfan80 Posts: 221
    My first show as June of 2000 in Cincinnati. Advice, do not try to guess the set list, and have your mind blown!
    2000- Cincinnati, OH
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Virginia Beach, VA
    2010- Columbus, OH
    2010- Noblesville, IN
    2010- Cleveland, OH
    2011- Detroit, MI (EV Solo Show)
    2013- Chicago
    2013- Pittsburgh
    2013- Buffalo
    2013- Charlottesville
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    It's pretty choreographed. Study up. And no two shows are ever alike. Seriously. Have fun! We want a full report after the show. There's a certain magic to your first time...bow chicka bow wow.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• dhealy90dhealy90 Posts: 124
    My words can't describe it. My first show was the best night of my life- hands down!
    Everything adds to it though... the crazy ass fans, the anticipation, the chaos. My friends that have gone with me that aren't huge fans, they say that they are the best they have ever seen or heard live.

Where in WI?
    from the good ol' town of st. germain! so the eagle river, rhinlander area. thats me!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    My first show was July 1995 at Milwaukee's Summerfest. Lawn seat cost $5.00 and I had just saw the Grateful Dead the nite b4 in Chicago. Not a bad weekend for a 14 soon to be 15 yr old. :D

Enjoy your first show and soak it all in. :)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    You will never forget your first show!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • My first show was last year in Chicago. Had been a pj fan for a while, but also a single parent to concerts weren't a priority. That show turned me into a SUPER fan. I was two rows from the very back of the United Center, about as far away as possible. I've been to a lot of concerts, but never sat so far back and it was still hands down the BEST show i have ever seen!!! I cried at points, as did my boyfriend who wasn't a big fan before the show. I was in awe most of the show. You will remember this for the rest of your life.
    i did what i had to do, and if there was a reason it was you
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283

You sure got that right for me!

Pretty awesome avatar, by the way as well- I love it :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • MissBeeGirlMissBeeGirl Posts: 233
    i'm not religious...so a Pearl jam show is the closest i come to a religious experience!!! we are talking musical ecstasy to the point of orgasmic uphoria!! :D:D:D

Well said and agree
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    I remember standing there at my first show (in Montreal) and being quietly excited. Taking in the crowd and all that goes on pre-show. Then the lights went down and when I heard Eddie sing the first line...it was overwhelming. Sounds cliche I guess, but it was really quite a moment for me and one I will always remember. My only advice to you involves these items:

1. Don't get hammered.
    2. Don't spend the whole concert taking pictures/video
    3. Get to know your concert neighbors because after you break the seal, I'm sure you will see them around again!
    4. Soak it in and have a great time!

I don't know you, but I'm very excited for you! ;-)

Have a great one!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    dhealy90 wrote:
    Soooooo..... long story short i will be attending my first PJ show. Im F*&ckin excited. What should i expect? post your best moments!!!!!! :D

Yayyyy! finally "BROKEN" in...lol enjoy! :P
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    dhealy90 wrote:
    well shit....im pumped! hahaha i live in wisconsin so im lookin for a show close....no chicago :( sad face. But im figuring to make a trip to either St. Louis or Noblesville. I cannot watch them play Alive on Immagine in Cornice with out getting chills.... im ready for the plastic surgury i will need when Mike shreds my face off.

p.s- i saw tool last year at lollapaloza.....and Adam Jones is a god....but he cant hold mikes jock strap

easy there grasshopper!!! AJ and Mickee are 2 totally different gods. AJ is the god of the underworld whereas mickee is the god for earth....tool and pj are the best live acts around!!! Tool is my dungeon music where my darkside comes out and pj are the feel good rock n roll show....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    nothing big about first concert..only your life will change for ever.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    tonifig8 wrote:
    Make sure you take an extra pair of underwear ... and please don't get all loaded and pass out .....and miss the whole show.... I met someone who actually did that...... :lol::lol::lol:

The girl behind me at Philly 3 did that. I was glad though cause she was annoying!!! She was yelling at me to sit down and i just turned around and was like "no one else is sitting down, please just shut up" (she was being incredibly rude) less than 5 mins later she was passed out. (probably 3rd song in) She woke up during the second encore in a daze. :lol::lol::lol:
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2