First Concert....

dhealy90dhealy90 Posts: 124
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Soooooo..... long story short i will be attending my first PJ show. Im F*&ckin excited. What should i expect? post your best moments!!!!!! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Congrats - you will have an amazing time!!
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Expect the time of your life !!!

One of the best moments was last year at SLC. I had 7th row with my not so great fan club #

Other then that, every show I have seen has been well worth it. Even the short show in San Francisco 1995 ;)

Gorge is a must :D

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Ringing ears & the beat of the bass drum going straight through you.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    What show you going to???

It's a bonding experience between me and my boys. Just watching their faces and sing along is worth it all...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Expect the time of your life !!!

What he/she said!!!

It is an unbelievable experience. Every Pearl Jam concert virgin I've ever brought with me (big fan or not) has left the show in complete awe of what they've just witnessed.....

Between the band giving it everything they've got and the crowd doing just about the same, you're in for an amazing time....

I'm so excited for you.....

You should update this thread after your first show and let us know what you thought....
  • That's very exciting!! I often wish I could have that "first show" feeling again. Especially the very first moment that they came out on stage, followed by that very first note. Aaahh.

Which show are you going to?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Bring a fresh pair of knickers
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    you will have a time that will be in your mind forever :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    I'm sure you will have a great time!!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    20,000 people fist pumping to Alive.
  • oceans18oceans18 Posts: 154
    My first one was Philly 2, October 28, 2009 and it was amazing. So good that I got tickets for the 3rd and 4th shows as well.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    *the in between is mine*
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    Make sure you take an extra pair of underwear ... and please don't get all loaded and pass out .....and miss the whole show.... I met someone who actually did that...... :lol::lol::lol:
  • dhealy90dhealy90 Posts: 124
    well shit....im pumped! hahaha i live in wisconsin so im lookin for a show close....no chicago :( sad face. But im figuring to make a trip to either St. Louis or Noblesville. I cannot watch them play Alive on Immagine in Cornice with out getting chills.... im ready for the plastic surgury i will need when Mike shreds my face off.

p.s- i saw tool last year at lollapaloza.....and Adam Jones is a god....but he cant hold mikes jock strap
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    My first show was in 08 at MSG and I had been a fan since 92. When they came on stage it was a culmination of about 16 years all hitting me at once and the only words I could formulate were Holy S***. I had a smile on my face the entire show and was dancing and singing my ass off. By the end I was covered in sweat and exhausted, and already excited for the next time!

Hope that helps :D
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    nothing special..only your life will change for ever.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    nothing special..only your life will change for ever.. ;)

:D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Don't listen to them . . .

It will be a quiet evening among a few thousand people. Just be prepared to sit in your chair quietly as everyone just stares up at the stage. And DON'T clap or cheer . . . Eddie HATES that. He'll have you kicked out if you do.

Feel free to bring a book as well, as there will be alot of downtime during the show where you can catch up on your favourite story.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    nevmiles wrote:

It will be a quiet evening among a few thousand people. Just be prepared to sit in your chair quietly as everyone just stares up at the stage. And DON'T clap or cheer . . . Eddie HATES that. He'll have you kicked out if you do.

Feel free to bring a book as well, as there will be alot of downtime during the show where you can catch up on your favourite story.

And wear a "NO EVENFLOW" shirt, and sit right up front.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Yeaah! I went to my first Pearl Jam concert when I wasn't a big fan (long story) but that forever changed my life! I was lucky enough to be right by the stage (GA standing room), but alternated between having the time of my life to thinking I was going to get crushed by the crowd pushing forward. Totally exhilarating.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    RGarabed21 wrote:
    My first show was in 08 at MSG and I had been a fan since 92. When they came on stage it was a culmination of about 16 years all hitting me at once and the only words I could formulate were Holy S***. I had a smile on my face the entire show and was dancing and singing my ass off. By the end I was covered in sweat and exhausted, and already excited for the next time!

OMG!! My PJ doppelganger!! It started in 08 and by the end of May I'll be up to 11 shows :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    the time of your life yes.
    At my first PJ show, I cried when the boys hit the stage. Was second row. Amazing.
    You won't be disappointed, that is 1000% sure. Enjoy !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    nevmiles wrote:

And wear a "NO EVENFLOW" shirt, and sit right up front.

And if someone around you is too loud, simultaneously place your right index finger on their lips while placing your left index finger on yours and sweetly say, "Shhhhhh!"
  • MissBeeGirlMissBeeGirl Posts: 233
    dhealy90 wrote:
    well shit....im pumped! hahaha i live in wisconsin so im lookin for a show close....no chicago :( sad face. But im figuring to make a trip to either St. Louis or Noblesville. I cannot watch them play Alive on Immagine in Cornice with out getting chills.... im ready for the plastic surgury i will need when Mike shreds my face off.

p.s- i saw tool last year at lollapaloza.....and Adam Jones is a god....but he cant hold mikes jock strap

You will discover a new god :lol:

It will be the biggest high of your life that you'll NEVER come down from. Make sure you see a couple of shows, as you'll need another fix straight away. And another reason why Pearl Jam is the greatest band on earth, you'll get to have a bootleg of that special night.
  • dhealy90dhealy90 Posts: 124
    nevmiles wrote:

really??? :P that kinda maybe just made my day hahahaha
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    RGarabed21 wrote:

sounds about right...my first show was in 2008 too, been a fan since 94
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    you should expect to see/hear a band who were born to play live ... my pj compilations on the iphone are 85% from boots ...

have a great time and try not to put so much into it ... just go and see what happens ... :)
  • dhealy90 wrote:
    Soooooo..... long story short i will be attending my first PJ show. Im F*&ckin excited. What should i expect? post your best moments!!!!!! :D

my first show was in Pensacola in 1994. Ed came out by himself at the begining and sang "I won't back down". At that moment I was hooked. I also remember that later Ed smashed the mic stand so hard into the floor of the stage it put a hole floor. Good times!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I'm experiencing my first shows this tour too!

I just can't wait for MSG I & II- I think my whole school knows I'll be seeing PJ- I haven't been able to stop talking about it! I've had a goofy smile on my face ever since the night I purchased tix!

Here's to our first PJ shows! :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • AP135303AP135303 Posts: 39
    I'm so excited for you! My first show was Randalls Island 2 in 1996. I was 15 years old and stood about 10 "rows" from the stage. I can still feel the energy the crowd had that night. The last shows I went to were Philly 3 and 4 in October - it's still just as incredible every time. Enjoy!
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    RGarabed21 wrote:

OMG!! My PJ doppelganger!! It started in 08 and by the end of May I'll be up to 11 shows :D

:lol: 8 for me!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11